Unofficial Preview JLT Game 3 vs Hawthorn at Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

And this has nothing to do with coaching instruction and everything to do with players not wanting to provide options unless they are going to be used.

I've said it before, the only reason we look so slow and stagnant is due to players not wanting to have to run hard back to defence if there is a turnover. It comes from having no trust in their teammates not to **** up - which, of course, means that their teammates are more prone to **** up because that's what they are thinking about.

All it will take is some self-belief from the players and supporters. We have a decent side that has been crippled by fear.
I've been told true or not that, what PJ Power is referring to and you are responding with can be answered by, our coach's
fixation on position and if true it's stifling instinctive footy. I might be and or hope that I'm wrong. I want to be wrong but
if true it might explain our constipated footy at times. Jump down my throat if you want my only defence is it's what I've been
told and as such I don't know if it's true.

I have watched at least some of every JLT game, and the one thing that has stood out to me is the number of Port players who at times look to have no understanding of what they are supposed to be doing, and can then appear to lack the skills required to play the game at the highest level.

In fact, to be brutally honest, I doubt anyone watching AFL for the first time could be blamed if they came to the conclusion that Port is quite possibly one of the worst teams in the comp. :'(

Hopefully that conclusion would be wrong, it has been no more than just preseason cobwebs, everything will click tomorrow, and we will see a performance that will give us some hope for the forthcoming season. :rolleyes:

The anticipation of not knowing what today will bring..

My cousins here from.Italy at the moment and hell be here for a year. Inteoduced him to AFL through the JLT and he cant understand why i go for Port. He said compared to the other ganes hes watched weve looked the most ridiculous and unatructured.

He actually said to me, is this the first time Port has played this game.

Quite embarassing. Hopefully can play a bit better today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My cousins here from.Italy at the moment and hell be here for a year. Inteoduced him to AFL through the JLT and he cant understand why i go for Port. He said compared to the other ganes hes watched weve looked the most ridiculous and unatructured.

He actually said to me, is this the first time Port has played this game.

Quite embarassing. Hopefully can play a bit better today.

It's very hard to argue against his `unstructured ' comment.

I left &*^% freezing Arctic Park at the end of quarter time. I was happy with the game but Icould see this huge grey cloud mass coming in over the sea, solid sheets of rain obscuring the sea. I got home for the start of the 3rd quarter. Just before the start of the 4th I am warm, very pleased, and filling my glass of wine (again).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back