Opinion Round 1 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zzzz Sheridan. All Vanilla, no Thriller.

For a bloke who appears to love attention off the field, he doesn't appear to want it on the field.

Zzzz Sheridan. All Vanilla, no Thriller.

For a bloke who appears to love attention off the field, he doesn't appear to want it on the field.

He's scared of his own shadow but at least he can kick accurately. We are still picking flat trackers like Pearce years after he has convincingly shown he will NEVER be able to perform in a game that matters

Should the melt thread pump up earlier than expected before the match if tucker and Blakely dropped to play wafl the day before with suban and sherriden fronting up for freo.

Should the melt thread pump up earlier than expected before the match if tucker and Blakely dropped to play wafl the day before with suban and sherriden fronting up for freo.

I will melt early if D Pearce and Suban line up and Blakely, Crozier and / or Tucker miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like it in our so-called rebuild but it's pretty obvious RTB is putting in the biggest, strongest, defenciest, experienced, knows his strategies from before 2016...y side because he desperately wants this win to get momentum and keep the press off our backs. We saw last night how B-grade at best players like Vlaustin, Grimes, and others but with size and experience (and knowing their limitations) and a smattering of stars could dominate a handful of skilled, high draft pick, talented, and inexperienced skinny youngsters with bright futures but currently inconsistent output and minimal defensive pressure. Yes, Carlton give guys like SPS a go w1 which he would never get at Freo but he did basically nothing in the second half that I saw, had minimal impact and provided no benefit for their team that someone else could have provided (not that I disagree with Carlton's selections considering their situation).

I expect Suban to come in, if only to block Selwood and Dangerfield for Fyfe's benefit. Sheridan too as a potential run-with player for one of Dangersell.

It's not going to be pretty, but I reckon we are giving ourselves the best chance of winning with the side listed (inj. aside)

I don't like it in our so-called rebuild but it's pretty obvious RTB is putting in the biggest, strongest, defenciest, experienced, knows his strategies from before 2016...y side because he desperately wants this win to get momentum and keep the press off our backs. We saw last night how B-grade at best players like Vlaustin, Grimes, and others but with size and experience (and knowing their limitations) and a smattering of stars could dominate a handful of skilled, high draft pick, talented, and inexperienced skinny youngsters with bright futures but currently inconsistent output and minimal defensive pressure. Yes, Carlton give guys like SPS a go w1 which he would never get at Freo but he did basically nothing in the second half that I saw, had minimal impact and provided no benefit for their team that someone else could have provided (not that I disagree with Carlton's selections considering their situation).

I expect Suban to come in, if only to block Selwood and Dangerfield for Fyfe's benefit. Sheridan too as a potential run-with player for one of Dangersell.

It's not going to be pretty, but I reckon we are giving ourselves the best chance of winning with the side listed (inj. aside)
I think they will eihter bring Sheridan in to run with one of them or it may even be Blakely, i really don't see Suban coming in to the team. They wouldn't play Blakely and Tucker every preseason game whilst dropping Suban and Sheridan just to do the opposite for round 1, i hope i'm right anyway :)

It's on the website now.

Interchange:

Blakely
Taberner
Weller
Suban

Dropped:
Sheridan
Crozier
Tucker

Will make the Peel team very strong tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the most annoying part, there seems no reward for good form. Must be disheartening for the others not picked.
Depends on who you're talking about. Crozier for sure on form, but I don't think anyone else as shown much any more than Suban has.

Depends on who you're talking about. Crozier for sure on form, but I don't think anyone else as shown much any more than Suban has.
Sheridan played pretty well for Peel last week and Balic had 30 touches yet Suban gets the nod when he did practically nothing. In the half I watched I didn't see Suban touch the ball once

Sheridan played pretty well for Peel last week and Balic had 30 touches yet Suban gets the nod when he did practically nothing. In the half I watched I didn't see Suban touch the ball once
Balic has about 3 Peel games of exposed form, his chance will come if he keeps it up for a couple more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back