List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig's pig headedness and inability to adjust in game cost us

Does that sound familiar to how the club and it's staff are running the club, that they need to remain competitive at the cost of winning a flag, gee we had a competitive team in 05 , 06 but just not the right one to even take us to a GF that's a long way from winning a flag

So after today's demolition of the premiership favourites, 'organic growth' and not Gibbs may be ok after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's just one game but it appears that Douglas is going to play in midfield permanently again.

I reckon Gibbs would have offered a bit more than Hampton who cost us a second rounder

Gibbs is a (very) rich man's version of Smithers who actually made the successful transition to full time midfielder

Given how much everyone loves Smith I find the arguments against Gibbs to be perverse bordering on ignorant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do agree with this. Gibbs + Oragnic Growth = Flag Material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its common sense we would be stronger if he was playing in our team than not and would we be weaker this year without 2 x first picks, meaning Galluci and next years and the answer is a definete no.

In the future we will be weaker, but if the deal nets us a flag or more chance of winning a flag then I really dont care if we are shit in three years time, we can then bottom out and rebuild

There is no way in hell we were ever trading next year's first rounder.

Club is very high on Edwards to the point that they are having him train with the team at every opportunity possible, even during school holidays. In one of the training sessions at the club recently he absolutely pulled off an ankle breaker on one of the star Crows who has been copping it from his team mates ever since.

The club thinks he will be a certain first round talent in this year's draft, possible top 10.

Not sure whether I like the approach of having him train as often as possible with the club. On one side, I like it as it makes the kid more comfortable, gets his more up to speed with what the team is doing and exposes him to the AFL standards. On the other hand, by having him train with the club h

Club is very high on Edwards to the point that they are having him train with the team at every opportunity possible, even during school holidays. In one of the training sessions at the club recently he absolutely pulled off an ankle breaker on one of the star Crows who has been copping it from his team mates ever since.

The club thinks he will be a certain first round talent in this year's draft, possible top 10.

Not sure whether I like the approach of having him train as often as possible with the club. On one side, I like it as it makes the kid more comfortable, gets his more up to speed with what the team is doing and exposes him to the AFL standards. On the other hand, by having him train with the club h
The sooner he knows the structures and how his team mates play the better and sooner he plays.

Seems to me that this year is going to go one of two ways:
1. We have a good year with an improved midfield, but miss the GF/flag.
-> Should have got Gibbs.
2. We have a mediocre year with no improvement in the midfield.
-> Should have got Gibbs.

:p
And you can flip that like some.

If we make a GF we didn't need him to get there

Or

We had an average year so his influence wouldn't mean much.

I kinda sit on the fence a bit. I definetly wanted him here and thought it was a great idea, but not at any cost. I'm not a huge fan of trading future picks yet either, I think the system needs refining.

For 19 years we haven't put a team together that can is capable of winning a flag so until that can happen we haven't succeeded and our drafting and trading is flawed

We have however succeeded in being competitive, which must be what you enjoy
Marty enough of this 19-year crap and yes it is Crap, The last 3 years have seen more change's at the Crows since formation, Do you think they did these changes just to finish middle of the road,
They are establishing a culture not only on the field but off the field, a culture that demands success in all areas.
A culture that could not afford to use 2x 1st round picks for one player not just because it was overs, but it would have caused more damage to the new direction than good. They are not just looking at 1 grand final, they are looking at multiple finals they are looking at a team capable of playing top level football for years, not just for 1-2 years like you and a few want.

Do you know what shits me the most is 4 years ago a group of influential supporters got together and demanded changes at the club they along with newly apionted Board members pushed for changes, Were you and any other supporter who complained about 19 years of nothing among this group did you even know about this group? While I am not good at expressing my views in the written language I hope you will sit back and fully understand the changes and direction the club has taken. to not only get a winning team but get a team capable of winning the Flag.

I'm not really across how it all works now with the new system where each pick has a points value, etc. But say, for the sake of argument, we had traded out this year's first and we get to the draft and some club puts up, say, pick 10 for Edwards, what would happen then? Could we get him with our second round pick at the cost of downgrading our 3rd and later picks to make up the points difference? Or would we just miss out completely?

I'm not really across how it all works now with the new system where each pick has a points value, etc. But say, for the sake of argument, we had traded out this year's first and we get to the draft and some club puts up, say, pick 10 for Edwards, what would happen then? Could we get him with our second round pick at the cost of downgrading our 3rd and later picks to make up the points difference? Or would we just miss out completely?
Depends on how high he is bid on. We could definitely get him if we wanted him, but if the bid is too high it could cost all our remaining picks in 2017 and downgrade our first in 2018 by whatever is left. That worst case would only apply if he was bid on really early though. More likely it would lose our second and third, but that isn't guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back