Who is a Player on Your Team that gets Undeserved Hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell.

He's an A-grade midfielder and an All-Australian at his best, yet still gets labelled by some idiotic football watchers as nothing more than an ineffectual sheepdog. I'm not sure if it's the hair, the fact he is thought of as a soft footballer (despite taking multiple courageous marks over the years) or simply sour grapes from supporters of clubs who overlooked him in the draft, but it's odd the hate he gets. Every club in the league would love to have him.

He gets the Dale Thomas circa 2009-2010 treatment. Looks 'outside' so must be soft, but in reality both are/were ('were' for Thomas) great inside players who don't take a backward step (both have had minor incidents which are amplified by multiple slow-mo replays - plus Thomas' main one with Pendlebury was just him trying to draw a free kick ala every player in the league at some stage). Anyone who thinks Heppell isn't a gun probably isn't worth discussing footy with.

For us, probably Sam Rowe. I mean, he's not going to be part of our next finals side, he's not an AA player, he's not anything special - but he does his job and protects the KD youth a bit. I'm in the same boat of mocking him but while he's probably one of the biggest no-names in the league, he does his job for our rebuilding side.

Zac Dawson......

I honestly think he does his job the majority of the time. Yes his disposal is horrible but that's not his job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Jenkins cops it from other clubs' fans due to his superior workrate and footballing smarts to get in the most optimal spot for a goal.

Internally its every player + administrator everytime we fail to win a flag.

Shaun Grigg for us. Cops a roasting on our board and sure he's a downhill skier with shonky disposal sometimes, but he's far from the worst in our team on that regard.

Second this. Missed a handful of games in six years and averages 23 touches, with 5/6 top 10 finishes in the b&f. My criticism was that he's been slow to evolve, but he's acquired some new tricks in the last couple of years.

No I dont think your deluded at all. Your lying to try and get a rise. How stupid is loading a video that disproves the lie though.
Do you know he accepted a fine for spitting right? And didn't fight the fine at all?

The McDonald's but they probably deserve it. Although often one plays really well but gets criticised for the mistakes of the other. Having 2 key defenders who are both turnover prone and make odd defensive mistakes is a bad combination.

Watts has copped his share but it's evened out now.

Melksham will soon rise to the top of the list. His mistakes are so glaringly bad and the benefit of him - hard running, decent speed/endurance, overhead ability, penetrating (but not accurate) kicking are often hard to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back