Review Autopsy vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate you seem a reasonable bloke but if you don't think his increased mid time is a factor in our stats falling in amazed. I've never said he is wholly to blame they are all down but when you put an inferior player in the midfield It effects everything.

Let's pretend it's not Jong and we put Jason Tutt in there. Stats would drop and so would effectiveness and that would trickle down to effect the other players as their work rate would then need to cover the lesser player.

BUT I'm Jongs defense the others have been down so he is now doing more than he is capable of and that is effecting the side of the game he is good at.

He has been far from our worst player and has played two exceedingly good qrts for a player of his level but to say him,and by extension any of the midfielders, are playing well is wrong.

They have been sh!te and a major factor in why we haven't been great and like it or not Jong is and has to be partly to blame for that
Exactly, partly to blame, couldn't agree more.

Thanks, that's probably the most balanced post re Jong that Ive seen from you in a long time. Jongy has some strengths and weaknesses, like everyone else. I reckon we should be celebrating the strengths he has, just like everybody else. I personally reckon the cult of Bont is out of control ("Footys only classical pianist" blah blah blah) just like the bagging of Jong or BTC after this weekend.

Were a strong team, we have great depth, were probably not a team of superstars but weve proved again that a champion team will beat a team of champions, lets celebrate every cog in the wheel. Jongy has a role and generally does it pretty well I reckon, he has weaknesses and I think hes working on them. I also reckon hes the best int he squad at what Bevo wants him to do which keeps him in the squad, and that's good enough for me.

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but Freo had 8 of the top 10 or so players on the ground in the last.

Across the game, we had 10 players well down on their average output, not including Picko.

It was just a sub-par effort across the board and we were vastly outworked in the last. Could have just been a come down from the previous week, could have been a poor attitude, or could have just been one of those days...

IMG_7846.JPG

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but Freo had 8 of the top 10 or so players on the ground in the last.

Across the game, we had 10 players well down on their average output, not including Picko.

It was just a sub-par effort across the board and we were vastly outworked in the last. Could have just been a come down from the previous week, could have been a poor attitude, or could have just been one of those days...

View attachment 356010

Looking at this Libba and Dahl had far superior games to McRae

Not sure how relevant this line graph is

Was the lull I was expecting. Not worried. Would be far worse had this happened later in the year.
But gee the knives come out after a loss. Has anyone been spared you'd think we'd have had Hawthorn's start with the carry on here.
Footy is all about winning IM as soon as you lose, the critics come out. Robbo called us Western Big Heads for f*&ks sake. Maybe Freo just played better after the start they had and influx of kids and should be getting credit. Perth is always hard to win at, and Freo does have some good players also.

This time last week GC was at all time lows and Freo, well they were shot. One week later it's all changed. You just have to take bouquets and the brick bats both with a grain of salt. The media always looking for a headline, very rare are they balanced, it just doesn't sell. But for me, I'm so much more relaxed having got a flag under the belt......thank god for that.

Footy is all about winning IM as soon as you lose, the critics come out. Robbo called us Western Big Heads for f*&ks sake. Maybe Freo just played better after the start they had and influx of kids and should be getting credit. Perth is always hard to win at, and Freo does have some good players also.

This time last week GC was at all time lows and Freo, well they were shot. One week later it's all changed. You just have to take bouquets and the brick bats both with a grain of salt. The media always looking for a headline, very rare are they balanced, it just doesn't sell. But for me, I'm so much more relaxed having got a flag under the belt......thank god for that.
Media are paid to talk s**t. Our supporters on the other hand need some perspective.
It's honestly hilarious watching the same people who last week were qualifying their praise with "its only early" making strong broad sweeping statements about being right all along.

It's as relevant as you want it to be.

In this instance, I think it reflects that both as a team and individually we were really patchy on Saturday night and a lot of players were down on their usual performance.

I could only speculate why.

not sure if it's been said, apologies but autopsy threads can be depressing in these scenarios, but i think we're too tall at the moment.

Champion Data basically sh*t on Macrae in their rankings of him and I have no idea why. Him and Hunter were our only four-quarter performers for the game, and Macrae's consistency is consistently ignored by stats providers.

Champion Data basically sh*t on Macrae in their rankings of him and I have no idea why. Him and Hunter were our only four-quarter performers for the game, and Macrae's consistency is consistently ignored by stats providers.
We need threenewpadlocks to explain this to us...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their model likes high hard ball get, high score involvement players and Macrae doesn't contribute much of either. They also like players that get close to scoring (i.e. kick the goals themselves or produce direct assists) and Macrae is often further back in the chain. As a volume accumulator on the outside who provides brilliant running and a great outlet, he's not particularly valued by their model.

Champion data is for morons who need numbers to explain footy to them

Outnumbered at the contest, no targets up forward and men out the back all night. How is that even possible?

Mate, thats been the story of our year, so I'm hearing you. Mind you, we also give away about 10 goals a game in turnover in the back 50, so i think we have you covered there.

Seriously, I thought your guys were pretty good on Saturday overall. I think you got caught out a bit at the start ( I think most Freo supporters were similarly caught out) and probably spent too much in the catch up. Losing Picken so early clearly hurt your rotations, so that was a double whammy. He was one of those who got you back into the game and was a big loss.

That said, everybody has a down game at some point and I'd back you to come back strongly next week. I'm tipping you anyway.

Good luck for rest (unless you play us of course :D)

Oh and two thumbs up to guy who does your banners even though he's a world class smartass :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Haven't read any previous posts so please forgive if i'm doubling up.

Firstly, Freo were good. They were very good. They hit their targets generally and got the ball to advantage inside 50. I think this is a true representation of Fremantle, not the previous few weeks (or last year for that matter)

Secondly, I kind of saw this loss coming. We haven't looked anywhere near our best against Pies or Swans. I'm hoping it's just the issue of starting later in the year because a fair few of the boys look off it. Definitely not as sharp as the our finals squad last year.

Onto the game itself, we went in a little top heavy. Moreso than our best football. Think about it.

Cloke, Toyd, Zordy, TC, Adams and Fletch.

Last year in our finals campaign we only had Moz, Roughy, Toyd, Zordy and Hamling. We only brought in Roberts against GWS to combat their tall timber.

Add to that losing Picken, and the strength of our team, which is our midfield, is robbed of a player through injury, and also through position.

Now i'm not sure what plans the MC have for next week, but I would consider dropping one of Cloke, Zordy or Tom Campbell. If we were to drop TC then lord help us, but Zordy or Cloke must be the chop out provider.

Daniel looks off it also and Maclean looked ineffectual again.

If Smith is ready then he comes in. Hopefully Picken comes up also and we should consider Dunkley if he is ready.

Hunger for the ball wasn't there for the most part. We've been so good in closing games that are 2+ goal margin at 3/4 time should have got us through.
Coach did bring up 3-0 in his Presser so perhaps players talked about that during the week and thought it was just going to happen against a supposed low scoring cellar dweller.
Last year was climbing the Everest, but surely we want it again. None of this 'we're in happy place after last year'. Why can't we be the champion team of the current era and be blood-thirsty in each game, each week and lift the Cup again this year.

Can he not play well in a losing side and not be entirely to blame either? You say our midfield is down and then attribute it to him being there. Really? Looks to me like a few might be down.....

MD it looks like an unhealthy obsession, that's why Im suggesting you let it go. Support the team and all its players please. If you cant and continue to focus on 1/22 then it looks unhealthy, illogical and obsessive, none of which are good things.

MD you have made yourself a target with your LJ obsession, that's why people are playing with you and teasing you now.

My summary of sat nights loss? We went in too cocky, we expected it to come easy, they went in with a bunch of hungry youth, we were clawing our way back into it and switching on when Picko went off, we led at 3/4 time and ran out of legs (the lost rotation combined with a month less training). No single player was at fault. Not even BTC (although he had a mare)

It was also going in with a lot of unknowns, possibly not able to do preparation planning on some new players. I was impressed with the two Hill brothers.

No disrespect to you MD but I find it's those that criticise the player rankings the most that don't know anything about them. It's incredibly in depth and certainly a valuable indicator of a players overall positive impact for their team.

Look at Mcraes rating and then come chat to me mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back