Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a myth that speed is holding West back, he’s plenty quick enough to carve out an AFL career - his burst on the first few steps are easily above average, maybe over a distance he struggles but that’s not overly relevant to the type of player he is.

Not only that but his ability is absolutely top of the line elite, similar to Lachie Hunter. This is wayyyy more important in congested modern footy than outright speed over a long distance. Elite vertical leap - overall his athletic package is fine, and stronger than most too.

Not suggesting he’s a better player but athletically he’d monster a number of our best 22 players
I hope you meant to say "agility" there!

Freo are $2.50 to win. Looking at that bulldogs team, and particularly the defence, that looks enormous.

If we win it’ll be because our mids absolutely brain theirs.

Yeah, agree our defence looks poor at present. This is truly a 50/50 game. Our guns can get us the win if we kick straight but that is a big if.

I hope we win tomorrow cos I can see the game day thread going off with VDM Gardiner Hannan and Scott getting 20 possessions and 15 turnovers between them and I don’t want to see it

My nana passed away this week. Weird opening to a comment, but I'll explain.

She was born and raised in Braybrook, raised her family there. I'm not sure when she started following Footscray, but she was Bulldog through and through and several generations following her have carried it on. I'll be wearing a Dogs scarf to her funeral.

I want this to be a good match. I want a win for her.

She was born and raised in Braybrook, raised her family there. I'm not sure when she started following Footscray, but she was Bulldog through and through and several generations following her have carried it on. I'll be wearing a Dogs scarf to her funeral.

Sorry for your loss

Very sorry to hear that mate. Lovely to have been able to share the Dogs with her though. That’s really special.

Any recommendations where to watch this in Sydney cbd??
You could try the Carrington cnr Bourke and Arthur Sts in Surry Hills. Usually has AFL on but give them a ring first just to be sure.
Good pub. Good Guinness.
tel:0497952889

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect result a draw between cats and swans for. Both had much superior percentage. Just need to win and we are 2 games (1.5) in front of the cats and 3 (2.5) in front of the swans.

Sorry for your loss. Glad she got to see them win a flag though.

Do you need to get a ticket for kids go free today? When I go to Ticketmaster they are trying to charge. I assume you can just rock up and walk in for free.

GA only for the kids to be free. Just checked and GA wasn’t coming up for me, but as we are playing Freo surely that can’t be right

Any recommendations where to watch this in Sydney cbd??

You’re better off out of the CBD in Sydney in general but definitely for pubs. It’s been a few years but the light brigade in Paddington was always reliably an afl pub for me.

Or maybe the offer has been taken up by lots of people, but kind of stuffs up the point when there is going to be so many empty seats everywhere else…
I think you have to buy a $20 GA ticket to then be able to add kids free to go with you. Which is totally pointless as I already have a membership.

Or maybe the offer has been taken up by lots of people, but kind of stuffs up the point when there is going to be so many empty seats everywhere else…

They have done a North on us. “Please note there will be a Level 3 partial closure. Access Level 3 via the ramps between Gates 4-6.”

My natural pessimism tells me we don't win this. On paper this looks one of our weakest teams in recent times with just too many fringe/VFL players in the lineup. Unless the forwards and mids have a day out Freo looks to have us covered. A win would be an exceptional effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back