Preview Round 5: Port Adelaide vs Carlton, Adelaide Oval, 21/04/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Kreuzer and Thomas both out!! We should win this by 10 goals at least

May well have won by 13 should have Thomas been available, though. :)
Cripps still in some doubt, so this one isn't done just yet.

Can't help wondering how you're going to stop all of our under 10 game players............going to be tough.

Kreuzer and Thomas both out!! We should win this by 10 goals at least
Thomas being out is probably better for Carlton. They've got this Polson bloke in the two's who I've heard good things about. Kreuzer out is a plus for us, I reckon Paddy would have beaten him in the ruck but he is good around the ground and gets to more throw-ins and ball-ups than Paddy.

If Carlton are sensible they'll leave Thomas out so that part of the contract that says he gets another year if he plays 15 games can't be activated.

How do you guys think I would go using a junior western stand GA ticket for my adult mate?

I normally enter via the southern gate then walk around to the western stand and scan in at that southern pocket gate area there.

I realise that upon entry via the southern gate there is no ticket check but when you enter the western stand, a person will scan the ticket and the junior ones are not white on the back they are an orangy / browny colour. This is where I feel I may have an issue.

The other method I had thought of is to enter directly in to the western stand from the outside between the hill and grassed food van area of the western stand but I feel that I may have the same problem as I'm not sure whether it is a ticket gate scan in or person scan in over there.

Does anyone know about how passionate AO staff are about this and would they be aware of the different colour tickets and to look out for it?

Also, do any of you have any other suggestions on how I can hack my way in with this ticket?

Should I try some sort of online ticket transfer method (do they still do that??) so I can print a paper copy of the ticket which will draw less attention?

Thanks for the advice in advance.
You could just upgrade it to an adult ticket. I think you can do it at the ticket box next to the gate

Forward Cameron Polson - pick No.59 in last year's draft - will debut for the Blues.

"His name is Cameron Polson....his name is Cameron Polson..."

Jeepers I hope the weather improves by tomorrow night

Friday 21 April
Summary
light-showers.png

Min 15
Max 24
Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%
rain_40.gif

Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. Light winds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts too. Carlton are one of our bogey teams the last couple of years so I hate this talk about smashing them.
Yeah but we hadn't won at the SCG since Kojak had hair, so I can't see why we can't put another hoodoo to bed. Given the relatively light winds and mostly fine conditions predicted, I'll be bitterly disappointed if we lose this one!!!

I wish people would stop treating the blues like a pushover
If we play at our absolute best we will win by around 10 goals or more.
We play average and they play good we win by around 5 goals.
We play s**t house and they play their absolute best and they might win by a goal or 2.

So for me there's only a small margin of error there, so if we lose it'd be a huge shock. Hence I feel it is ok to be confident. However we should be aiming for a solid win, and not just a win. I'd think anything under a 5 goal win would probably be a poor return.

The big concern for me is the weather, we need a dry game in my opinion. Windy and wet suits Carlton.

Who will their ruckman be:
Phillips. Big guy who is a good tap Ruckman. Needs to be more effective around the ground but has the tools for it. Good mark and good kick. Big question marks over fitness though - has been injured and is only just returning to play. I rate him, but it will be a tough ask to shoulder 90% of the ruck against Ryder in his first game back.

Phillips. Big guy who is a good tap Ruckman. Needs to be more effective around the ground but has the tools for it. Good mark and good kick. Big question marks over fitness though - has been injured and is only just returning to play. I rate him, but it will be a tough ask to shoulder 90% of the ruck against Ryder in his first game back.
kinda hoping it would be Gorringe....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back