Brian Lake thinks that Cyril is cream on the cake player, not the cake?

Remove this Banner Ad

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
This is a guy that played in 3 premierships with Cyril and knows him intimately.

He has questioned whether Cyril can be a successful player when the team is not doing well.

He needs everything else in the team do be going well, for him to be playing well.

In light of this, has Cyrils legacy now taken a dent?

Is he just a flat track bully?

The thing is some players can play for a successful side and they don't have to do much and if they chip in for a couple of goals and people say that helped them win. They could play the exact same game in a side who loses by ten goals every week and everyone will be saying they have to do more.
Cyril is probably going to be one of these players and who knows a fair few other Hawks will probably as well

i blame Bruce. If he had've just shut the #### up from the start and treated him like a normal player none of this scrutiny would be happening now that Hawthorn have fallen down the rabbit hole.

He's a sensation player to watch and highly skilled. We all know that- included Lake.
But plenty of other league players just as good have form slumps.

That's footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward struggles in a s**t team, surprise, surprise.

I think Cyril more so than others, or at least based on what I have seen so far in 2017. 2017 is the first time he has been in what we would consider a bad team.

In fact, someone should find the stats Betts had at Carlton when Carlton were terrible as that would probably be a good comparison with Rioli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back