2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no you just complained that Robbo was looking forward to the Saints v Hawks more than the Crows v Tigers

plus all the other stuff you write that I can not for the life of me remember verbatim right now
Complained? I laughed.

Well, when you do remember and want to quote some of it, I'll start taking you seriously.

this thread is hard enough to trawl through without going back through the already trawled through stuff

i do apologise for involving myself in a bit of a shitfight but that one just stuck out to me

carry on

I've just reread that article. Being in the sturt zone and having 1 parent born in Asia he could automatically end up at the crows (if he's good enough*)
Be warned, when srv23 jr graces the Adelaide Oval he will be a silky skilled outside player, great peripheral vision, makes great decisions, hit targets and kicks goals from anywhere....but hates the contested ball more than Ricky Henderson...

*Disclaimer, highly unlikely to be good enough....
Sudjai Cook?

And Mum/Dad goes WHACK!!!
Hes actually a handy player. Does have great skills and vision for his age - slotted a lovely checkside goal from the boundary in his last game of last season as a 9 year old! He's also not afraid to use his non preferred foot in games which is also pretty impressive for his age. But he is a bit anxious about going hard at the ball. Some of the other kids just have no thoughts for their own safety and dive in head first - that's not his thing! And the kids who win the ball are the ones who usually hog it and get heaps of possession. Handpasses are a rare occurrence...

All kids develop at different rates so who knows! Every Matt Crouch who throws himself at the base of the pack needs a Wayne Milera to give the ball too ;)

I'm just glad he's out there, playing week in week out and loving his footy!

this thread is hard enough to trawl through without going back through the already trawled through stuff

i do apologise for involving myself in a bit of a shitfight but that one just stuck out to me

carry on
You're reading this thread wrong. This is basically a banter thread. There are plenty of serious threads to go and find statistics and people who will back up what they present. In here it will just end up in a fight as many posts are not meant to be taken seriously but once someone does, human nature takes over and people start getting defensive.

The competition is VIC-centric !!! They have 10 of the 18 teams :)

And the AFL and management of football is all based in Melb. They can probably lay claim to the game originating in Vic, although Poort Adelaide would spruke otherwise.

Guess we are fortunate the game is not named Vicball or Melball. Jus' kidding........;)

You asked me this:

I then provided you with information for WA and VIC. You're disregarding the information because it's "AFL approved"

So you really wanted me to find some info about the AFL, but not from the AFL? What source of data would be trustworthy to you? A national census? A door to door survey conducted by the Salvation Army? Andrew Fagan himself visiting every league in the "traditional" footy states then personally reporting his findings to you?

Ignore Auskick. The numbers i posted show that participation is up across all demographics.

So this is the issue. So you've had an experience in one particular league, where there has been a decline in participation - and funding (you're the league's treasurer? or you're saying this because the fees have gone up compared to 10 years ago?). Because of this observation in your community, you're (despite facts to the contrary) assuming that every league is experiencing similar difficulties.

You really think a mod needs to set up an alias to argue with you? To what end? He seems perfectly capable or arguing using his normal account.

Play the ball not the man. It shouldn't matter who is posting what. Answer the questions, discuss the issue, provide something relevant - if you've got it.
Play the ball not the man, says the guy comparing me to a "client change denier".

The rest is all deflection.

You feel inclined to diminish my knowledge and experience in this area to elevate your ability to read a report, rather than perhaps acknowledge that the numbers you're using maybe slanted towards showing the sport growth and development in a positive light.

You state that I should ignore Auskick because the numbers reflect an overall positive growth trend, when those numbers include those not relevant to the question of growth and development in foundation states.

I could ask you if the actual evidence of declining numbers at junior and community levels perhaps contradicts the numbers you hold dear, but you'd ask me to provide proof, to which I'd reply my time is too precious to devote to such a pursuit, given your attitude and agenda is clear.

Tell me, do you care enough about this subject to do your own analysis as to the rigor of the official AFL reported numbers? Or are you merely one of those people who read a report and take it as read, without the capacity for independent thought and without the restrictions inherent in preconceived opinions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play the ball not the man, says the guy comparing me to a "client change denier".

The rest is all deflection.

You feel inclined to diminish my knowledge and experience in this area to elevate your ability to read a report, rather than perhaps acknowledge that the numbers you're using maybe slanted towards showing the sport growth and development in a positive light.

You state that I should ignore Auskick because the numbers reflect an overall positive growth trend, when those numbers include those not relevant to the question of growth and development in foundation states.

I could ask you if the actual evidence of declining numbers at junior and community levels perhaps contradicts the numbers you hold dear, but you'd ask me to provide proof, to which I'd reply my time is too precious to devote to such a pursuit, given your attitude and agenda is clear.

Tell me, do you care enough about this subject to do your own analysis as to the rigor of the official AFL reported numbers? Or are you merely one of those people who read a report and take it as read, without the capacity for independent thought and without the restrictions inherent in preconceived opinions?

I've maybe missed something - but he's presented some facts. They seem to supportive his position.

Do you have any data that supports yours? Otherwise, it just seems like facts on one side and emotion on the other.

Last year Patrick Dangerfield was the clear leader in metres gained.

This year? Not so much.

Dangerfield has slipped way, way down the rankings, all the way to equal 57th alongside Brisbane's Tom Rockliff, and fourth at Geelong behind Joel Selwood, Mitch Duncan and Zach Tuohy.

Who's leading the league in metres gained? (as of round five)
1. Dustin Martin (Richmond) - 3,254 (650.8 per game)

2. Zach Merrett (Essendon) - 3,111 (622.2)

3. Brodie Smith (Adelaide) - 2,854 (570.8)

4. Dayne Zorko (Brisbane) - 2,846 (569.4)

5. Jayden Hunt (Melbourne) - 2,620 (524.0)

6. Aaron Hall (Gold Coast) - 2,604 (520.8)

7. Isaac Smith (Hawthorn) - 2,581 (516.2)

8. Jake Lloyd (Sydney) - 2,549 (509.8)

9. Sam Docherty (Carlton) - 2,471 (494.2)

10. Matt Suckling (Western Bulldogs) - 2,459 (491.8)

Who's leading your club in metres gained?
Adelaide: Brodie Smith - 2,854 (570.8)

Brisbane: Dayne Zorko - 2,846 (569.4)

Carlton: Sam Docherty - 2,471 (494.2)

Collingwood: Adam Treloar - 2,229 (445.8)

Essendon: Zach Merrett - 3,111 (622.2)

Fremantle: Stephen Hill - 2,443 (488.8)

Geelong: Joel Selwood - 2,405 (481.2)

Gold Coast: Aaron Hall - 2,604 (520.8)

GWS Giants: Heath Shaw - 2,209 (441.8)

Hawthorn: Isaac Smith - 2,581 (516.2)

Melbourne: Jayden Hunt - 2,620 (524.0)

Port Adelaide: Ollie Wines - 2,230 (446.0)

Richmond: Dustin Martin - 3,254 (650.8)

St Kilda: Dylan Roberton - 2,439 (487.8)

Sydney: Jake Lloyd - 2,549 (509.8)

West Coast: Andrew Gaff - 2,346 (469.4)

Western Bulldogs: Matt Suckling - 2,459 (491.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back