2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
where was that ?
on Twitter...
giphy.gif

I've maybe missed something - but he's presented some facts. They seem to supportive his position.

Do you have any data that supports yours? Otherwise, it just seems like facts on one side and emotion on the other.
I wouldn't call anecdotal evidence over a long period of involvement "emotional". I'd call it evidence. Surely you acknowledge that a bunch of numbers produced by an organisation to support their own performance is questionable. If not, North Korea has a plastic missile to sell you ;)

Last year Patrick Dangerfield was the clear leader in metres gained.

This year? Not so much.

Dangerfield has slipped way, way down the rankings, all the way to equal 57th alongside Brisbane's Tom Rockliff, and fourth at Geelong behind Joel Selwood, Mitch Duncan and Zach Tuohy.
They're not letting Danger blindly boot it 50-60 metres anymore. Every game this year he's handballed more than he kicked it and he's averaging his lowest kick total (and therefore highest handball total) since he moved as a fulltime mid in 2012.

WTF? You're pissed off at the ref and your response is to deck him? **** sake. Violence is absolutely unacceptable except in defence - it's ugly, it sucks, get rid of it.
Unfortunately people like that is why I stopped playing recreational basketball. People all too willing to throw a punch at you when you're not looking just because you had the audacity to foul them, or the umpire made a call they don't like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They got a person in a wheel chair for the coin toss. No issue there.

But she struggled to even toss the coin. Actually for this that saw it, the coin literally just fell out of her hand.

Never seen that before.
If I was captain this is what I'd do at the coin toss.

If I lost the toss, watch the other captain like a hawk.

When I can tell where he's going to point, quickly point the other way and run off.

The crowd will think we've won the toss and will lift.

Umps and opposition captain will be confused as *.

If I was captain this is what I'd do at the coin toss.

If I lost the toss, watch the other captain like a hawk.

When I can tell where he's going to point, quickly point the other way and run off.

The crowd will think we've won the toss and will lift.

Umps and opposition captain will be confused as ****.
Reminded me of a story about the '97 grand final. They were using some sort of commemorative coin where it wasn't obvious which side was heads and which was tails. The Saints had both Burke and Loewe there (takes two to call?) up against Bickley.

They called, the coin came down, moment of confusion then they pointed to the preferred end.

On the telecast you can see Bickley still standing there looking down at the coin.

Hang on... but the horse had bolted.

Was the Saints high point.

Reminded me of a story about the '97 grand final. They were using some sort of commemorative coin where it wasn't obvious which side was heads and which was tails. The Saints had both Burke and Loewe there (takes two to call?) up against Bickley.

They called, the coin came down, moment of confusion then they pointed to the preferred end.

On the telecast you can see Bickley still standing there looking down at the coin.

Hang on... but the horse had bolted.

Was the Saints high point.
They lost that game as soon as they had two guys go to toss the coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back