Teams you are ruling out of the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane are also just really terrible. The standout worst team in the comp. I think Sydney are more going through a form slump.
They looked pretty good in the first half against us (we make teams look pretty good regularly at the moment). I wouldn't mind Hipwood or Schache on my list. Carlton vs Brisbane at the Gabba would be a good game.

They looked pretty good in the first half against us (we make teams look pretty good regularly at the moment). I wouldn't mind Hipwood or Schache on my list. Carlton vs Brisbane at the Gabba would be a good game.

Weren't the Dogs extremely inaccurate, though? More a case of the Dogs almost losing it for themselves. But I didn't see the match, so I can't discredit the Lions there.

You can add Essendon too, it's okay.

Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Sydney, North Melbourne and Melbourne.

None are ruled out, but I'd be surprised if they play finals.

Yeah even if Max Gawn was in, I feel Melbourne just aren't quite there yet. Even when they win clearances, they're just not effective with their entries. They just don't look confident a lot when going forward. They over-use the ball, turn it over, don't link up well. A lot of times against the Hawks they were just blindly bombing the ball in.

You can add Essendon too, it's okay.

Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Sydney, North Melbourne and Melbourne.

None are ruled out, but I'd be surprised if they play finals.

I would agree with this but give the Demons a silly chance - next month should tell the tale.

2 of Richmond, Fremantle and St Kilda to make it.

Weren't the Dogs extremely inaccurate, though? More a case of the Dogs almost losing it for themselves. But I didn't see the match, so I can't discredit the Lions there.
A bit of both. They scored 7 goals from 10 entries or something similar. Whack Andrews in there and they have some good bookends if they can hold onto them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don't rate the Pies and Dees much. Pies hot and cold as they've been over the past few years, and Melbourne seem like a perpetually mediocre side. The ball handling skills in the Essendon match were atrocious, they only pinched it because of how bad Essendon were. They again overused it, over-hand-balled it, didn't seem confident a lot against Hawthorn. It was more about how bad Melbourne were than how good Hawthorn were. At times they were giving them so much space. It also felt Hawthorn still linked up much better with experience compared to the young Demons side. That's just awareness/experience/skill, which determination can't really replace.
Yeah this is spot on actually. You never like to say a team lost it but Essendon did and Carlton did against us. Our ball use is reflective of a bottom 6 side and our inability to play out a game is concerning. Also a lack of contested marking was evident yesterday.

I think Brisbane, Collingwood, Essendon, Sydney, Melbourne and Carlton will round out the bottom 6. Top 7 should be, in no particular order;

Crows
Giants
Dogs
Cats
Eagles
Tigers
Port

Up for grabs for 8th out of Saints, Freo, North, Hawks, GC.

Coming from a fair way back obviously but our fixture opens up quite a bit now.

From here North play:

Home v Sydney
Melbourne
Carlton
Richmond
Saints
Bulldogs
Away v Suns
Home v Fremantle
Away v Port
Essendon
Melbourne
Collingwood
Away v Hawthorn
Saints
Away v Lions

Been playing pretty good football and Saturday was the best full game of football I have seen out of that team in years. Actually leaving outside the first quarter I can’t remember the last time we played so well for an entire game.

It would obviously be a brave man that predicted a win in every one of those games on current form you’d suggest none of those would be games we wouldn’t think we could realistically win. I’d much rather go into finals with a run of wins and good from rather than last year where all our wins were in the first half and we were limping injured and out of form to the finals.
Your next 4 should be wins. Richmond a tough one.

We needed to win two of the games we lost to have a chance. Such an even season you simply MUST take your chances. We'll get smashed next week and be 3/5 and wont be able to make our way back.
Correct. And it won't get easier against North and Gold Coast. Dropping games against Fremantle at the G is unforgivable. Conceding a three quarter 23 point lead to Richmond is just Melbourne of the old dark days.

Hawks are absolutely no chance.
Actually, crazy as it is, they can still make it, by just beating the teams around them on the ladder.

I was shocked too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back