How are you all coping?

Remove this Banner Ad

As shitful as it is, I've been well and truly desensitised to Richmond false hope. Until we smash quality teams by 10+ goals on a regular basis I'm afraid my mind just won't allow itself to find any optimisim about the plight of our team.
I enjoy the development of guys like Rioli and marvel at dusty' brilliance. That's about all I can take.
Maybe some counselling will help.

Is it too soon to talk about it? I was thinking we could share our reactions to the nightmare that unfolded on Saturday. My memory is a bit fuzzy due to froffys but I'm pretty sure I flopped on the floor like a ragdoll and went into a foetal position. I was ok after about 20 minutes but felt really flat for the rest of the night as my missus drove me to the other side of town in the xa to her friends house where I sat on their couch like a stale bottle of plonk. Feeling a bit better everyday and I should be good to go for Dreamtime but I think I'm gonna be pretty mellow and not get too involved. Probably a good idea as I nearly got kicked out against Freo due to my disgust at the umps. Let's hear your stories fellow tigerheads and help the healing process
The Dog is happy , taken for lots of long walks these past 3/4 weeks..

coping not that well, for all manner of reasons. feel duped by bad luck, feel annoyed that minor organisational issues on field are being labelled as no (lack of) leadership .... all the emotional stuff overriding fact the team is (has played) well and is progressing. anyway ...will be at dreamtime .....

watched GWS game in pub in inverloch. not too packed, sat at table near big screen. obvious tiger and GF/wife on couch directly in front screen. light banter from a few patrons nearby at start match. banter progressed to why guy has bandage on wrist. guy's GF (i think) says punched a wall after freo. met with sniggles from peanut gallery banter guys. 3rd quarter banter proceeds but really escalates in last. boulton's 'goal' everyone erupts. turns to 'can't loose this one ey?' and stuff not so pleasant.... last 90 second happens.... i was numb so didn't hear final confrontation by guy and stirrers, but did see and hear wife unload on them as she left the pub in chase of him. Was cruel and while lighthearted initially had possibility of being really ugly. Went too far in my book.

i walked around inverloch for 30 minutes not knowing what to think.....

PS: if said guy is on bigfooty, felt for u mate

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a confession to make.... as I was working on Saturday and being an expat I watched the game on Foxtel about 30 mins delayed. When we missed the 2 goals early in the last qtr I couldn't bear it and jumped forward by chance to Shai Bolton kicking the goal and celebrating. I didn't wait and skipped again to the end only to see GWS celebrating. It didn't make sense as I had seen 80-72 but..... only Richmond. The positives I can take from the last 3 weeks are that they have all been close and it can only make them stronger.....surely... as for me I'm worried about my heart as my Dad had his 1st heartache only a little older than I am and his an Essendon supporter.

I wasn't nearly as upset this week vs the week before - which is strange considering we actually deserved to win this week. I dunno, was just able to see more of the positives out of the GWS game.

The Freo game was just plain shite. Brought back all the memories of that Houli kick out... Mundy... nauseating...

I have grabbed Robbos theory on SEN today with both hands and ran with it.
As much as it hurts if it werent for 1 to 2 mins of really poor footy over the past few weeks we'd be second on the ladder.
What'd he say? In country Vic, don't get it, and work n s**t.

What'd he say? In country Vic, don't get it, and work n s**t.
Basically the point he made was us not being able to lock the game down in dying moments is small issue, albeit a dramatic one of course. That we are playing good footy for the most part and could easily be in second posi. Not gonma win it this year but we are setting up well for the next 2 to 3. Its true really. We do need to learn how to lock the tight ones down..but it is 30 seconds of footy. Its not like we are getting smashed for most of the game.

Basically the point he made was us not being able to lock the game down in dying moments is small issue, albeit a dramatic one of course. That we are playing good footy for the most part and could easily be in second posi. Not gonma win it this year but we are setting up well for the next 2 to 3. Its true really. We do need to learn how to lock the tight ones down..but it is 30 seconds of footy. Its not like we are getting smashed for most of the game.
Cheers for that:thumbsu:

I have grabbed Robbos theory on SEN today with both hands and ran with it.
As much as it hurts if it werent for 1 to 2 mins of really poor footy over the past few weeks we'd be second on the ladder.
I've gone the theory that we were on 80, then got our score wiped and kicked 12.3 in 90sec only for David Mundy to come and sink us. All the while, fox footy played a replay of last week gws v Collingwood but with a few things edited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I've stumbled across an alternate universe of Richmond supporters in this thread. I'm in hospital and when Bolton's kick went through I yelled 'Bolton' very very loudly and a few nurses came running and I had to sheepishly tell them I was watching the footy. Sort of took the edge off the whole thing.

Like This is Anfield I spent some time arguing with the 'we're fked, can't go on' brigade but like others here I wasn't disappointed with the game just the result. I'm watching a lot of footy at the moment and to my eyes we're playing very good football. Even the game against Freo I thought Freo were really up and about and brought really intense pressure and it was a good game of football. Even the Adelaide disaster, the first quarter was top drawer. I've seen some very ordinary games not involving the Tigers.

more pissed off about the Freo game.
The thing I find peculiar about the GWS game is there wouldn't be anywhere near this much scrutiny if we'd followed the script and had a 3-4 goal loss from the outset.

Reckon Dimma and Benny should get all the audio and all the memes being posted about us, put it on the players about how much they give a &^%. We are the ones who suffer week on week year on year, Can only cop so much BS without belting some wakka. Said to a mate surely there isn't another team in world sport that puts their supporters through so much, he said Liverpool. FML:(:(:(:(

It wouldn't be normal if stuff like this didn't happen.

So, I think I just thought it would happen and that took the surprise factor out of it.

Richmond will be Richmond.

Have had an absolute campaigner of a few weeks work wise and coupled with the 2 previous losses I really hadn't been having a good time.

Nerves were getting the best of me, when we were missing easy goals I was punching the couch, when they were with a kick I was screaming and my wife ended up taking my 8 month old daughter out the room as she started getting scared of her stupid old man :disappointed:.

Joy turned to complete misery after the non goal and they stuck it up our arse. Luckily I only smashed the clothes basket to smithereens all over the living room floor,punched a hole in the wall and went and sat in the other room in the dark in complete melt down mode.

Just had some Indian for dinner tonight and starting to feel myself, hopeful that I'll s**t out all the bad energy tomorrow morning. If someone at work reminds me of the loss again like I copped today, I'll probably s**t all over their desk.

Watching the GWS game in the last quarter it was a strange feeling I had that everything that happened early with simple missed shots at goal was pre ordained and regardless of our efforts the planets were aligned and we would lose.

I am almost ashamed as a Richmond supporter to think this way but at times it's that feeling of deja vu that just signals that something Richmondy is about to unfold.

As someone else mentioned you become desensitised after a while to these bizarre losses and instead I now actually find it quite comical in a warped kind of way, very sad.

This week's game against the Bombers is all about regaining some respect. Feel we will either come out all guns blazing and blow them away or mentally crumble and have a humiliating loss, winning this game is so important for repairing some of the mental scarring from recent weeks.

It was a similar feeling to when GC defeated us with the k hunt goal after the siren. I flew into a tantrum bemoaning how the football gods could be so cruel, to think only a week earlier storming out of the MCG , I slammed my fist on the stainless steel top of the pie stand unawares there's was a stone bench top it . My hand throbbed all the way to the car, lucky I just hit a nerve I think , came good

Besides that I've been unfriending acquaintances on FB like i was peelin potatoes after I reviewed my tag line filter, the 990 th memes kinda loses it spontaneity , I do t find it funny and I have a wicked sense of humour , laugh elsewhere campaigners

Have had an absolute campaigner of a few weeks work wise and coupled with the 2 previous losses I really hadn't been having a good time.

Nerves were getting the best of me, when we were missing easy goals I was punching the couch, when they were with a kick I was screaming and my wife ended up taking my 8 month old daughter out the room as she started getting scared of her stupid old man :disappointed:.

Joy turned to complete misery after the non goal and they stuck it up our arse. Luckily I only smashed the clothes basket to smithereens all over the living room floor,punched a hole in the wall and went and sat in the other room in the dark in complete melt down mode.

Just had some Indian for dinner tonight and starting to feel myself, hopeful that I'll s**t out all the bad energy tomorrow morning. If someone at work reminds me of the loss again like I copped today, I'll probably s**t all over their desk.

You need to eat a snickers :)

Deja Vu for me its like I'm back in the 80's.

The team that should deliver so much joy thru victory after victory now only spews out misery after misery and like the 80's I'm not attending, watching or listening our games live anymore.

Its so much less heartache to wait 24hrs or so to condition oneself to confirm another terrible loss at the hands of some scumbag team we should be cleaning the floor with!

I was watching it on my phone as I don't have foxtel. The last 5 minutes the app kept crashing as it always does. The last part of the game I saw was when Bolts snapped that goal and then it crashed again. I was so thrilled by this... by the time I got the app back on,GW were celebrating and I was left with the most confused WTF just happened!!!

I wasn't angry so much at Richmond as much as I was for the Umps. 3 weeks in a row I feel they let us down, a big anti climax to incredible games . Shorts free kick against Footscray, Jacks free kick for the Caddy goal against Freo, now this.

What would have really been tough if Lids was playing as well... imagine he kicked that goal instead of Cameron, would made me feel sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back