2017 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why more people are not buying in
I was told by a casual fan that only goes to couple of games a year that she didnt get a membership because of the dire predictions about us pre season. Thought it wouldnt be worth it.

I think that because we are involved on some level, we can see where we are heading so are willing to put up the cash, but for someone who isnt really invested i guess its hard to justify.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was told by a casual fan that only goes to couple of games a year that she didnt get a membership because of the dire predictions about us pre season. Thought it wouldnt be worth it.

I think that because we are involved on some level, we can see where we are heading so are willing to put up the cash, but for someone who isnt really invested i guess its hard to justify.

There were plenty on here talking doom and gloom too, particularly after the first two rounds.

Perhaps they see it as yet another false dawn?
That is part & parcel of following a football team. There will be plenty of false dawns & some success, but how can you know which is going to be which?

I'm sure many of us are so invested in the club that when we have a false dawn it is seen as bringing us closer to the next period of success. Some though will feel that their hopes have been dashed & may not have the level of investment to ride through the down periods with no guarantee of success. They will jump back on board when the good times come, but they will have missed the growth along the way.

That is part & parcel of following a football team. There will be plenty of false dawns & some success, but how can you know which is going to be which?

I'm sure many of us are so invested in the club that when we have a false dawn it is seen as bringing us closer to the next period of success. Some though will feel that their hopes have been dashed & may not have the level of investment to ride through the down periods with no guarantee of success. They will jump back on board when the good times come, but they will have missed the growth along the way.

Its not just about the hope, its that the club routinely fails to sell itself to the casual or ex membership, and the clubs marekting and football departments are failing to co-ordinate at critical times during the preseason, when people actually buy memberships the most.

Do all teams have the same way of counting? Maybe we should count them.

Article regarding membership numbers

"The league has introduced rules about what constitutes legitimate membership.

Members must invest more than $50; give name and contact information and receive a membership pack. Pets are no longer allowed to be signed up.

Included in figures are non-access members, who sign up for packages which do not grant entry to games."

Richmond 69K
Essendon 65K
Geelong 54K
Carlton 46K

There are many more Carlton fans out there. But why aren't they signing up when the on-field future is so positive for the club? You would of thought this year would be the time when all the fans jumped on board. Its not like our crowd figures are low ethier. 73K against Richmond, 46K against Melbourne, 48K on the wet day against Essendon and 70K against Collingwood. The figures are more of a reflection on the club.

I think 'Bound by Blue' has well and truly expired and hopefully next year the club will try and do more to engage with its members by coming up with a decent membership campaign. Its no secret we were hitting 50K a few years ago with campaigns such as 'I am Carlton'.

So many disinterested Carlton fans really is disappointing though with a return to finals coming within the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond 69K
Essendon 65K
Geelong 54K
Carlton 46K

There are many more Carlton fans out there. But why aren't they signing up when the on-field future is so positive for the club? You would of thought this year would be the time when all the fans jumped on board. Its not like our crowd figures are low ethier. 73K against Richmond, 46K against Melbourne, 48K on the wet day against Essendon and 70K against Collingwood. The figures are more of a reflection on the club.

I think 'Bound by Blue' has well and truly expired and hopefully next year the club will try and do more to engage with its members by coming up with a decent membership campaign. Its no secret we were hitting 50K a few years ago with campaigns such as 'I am Carlton'.

So many disinterested Carlton fans really is disappointing though with a return to finals coming within the next few years.
We were hitting 50k cos some rich folk bought up bulk memberships, not cos of the slogan.

This must improve next season. If supporters can't see the great work Bolts & SOS are doing we are in strife.

well i'm sure lots of supporters can see we're on the right path, but does that translate into wanting to shell out for a membership? are we an attractive club to be a part of for the average supporter?

well i'm sure lots of supporters can see we're on the right path, but does that translate into wanting to shell out for a membership? are we an attractive club to be a part of for the average supporter?
I personally think this is as attractive as we've been since 99-01.

No Mathieson interfering, building properly for the long term, oodles of young talent, young & vibrant coach, club legend as list manager.

What else can we do?

Question we have 5 sunday 3.20 starts this year amongst our 11 home games . Which to me definately doesnt encourage family membership numbers . Do we know how our family member numbers are tracking this year compared to other years ? .

There's a 3 game MCG deal that may sway a few. Starts after tigers game

Would be nice to hit the 50k mark.

A competitive finish to the season should see us doing the same again next season.

If you can't see the light now then you never will........

There's a 3 game MCG deal that may sway a few. Starts after tigers game

Would be nice to hit the 50k mark.

A competitive finish to the season should see us doing the same again next season.

If you can't see the light now then you never will........

IIRC this was pretty popular last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back