VFL Round 8 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields (Pies lost 83-102, Mayne booted 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to see on the box what Daic's defensive running has been like but he seems to be in plenty of contests, fitness must be pretty reasonable for a young bloke?

Rushed to us...

53-83

Stretch wheels out of traffic and snaps another for the Dees...

53-89

Looking at this V.F.L side,there really isn't a lot of young talent at Collingwood.Hine has a lot to answer for in my opinion.

Hmm, most of the young talent playing ones I guess. Daicos and Lynch both been good today, Kirby quiet but showed plenty. Haven't seen much from McLarty today, first game I've seen from him though. Not a lot of experience down back to give him any direction to be fair.

Siren.

Three Quarter Time.

Casey 13.11.89
Collingwood 8.5.53

GOALS - Mayne 2, Kirby 2, Cox 2, Daicos, Lane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to keep in mind with so many first year players it really isn't about results at VFL level. Seeing good progress from Daics is something positive to take out of today. Kirby and McLarty have both had hard days at the office but will do wonders for their development. Kirby getting a hard tag and McLarty being part of a defence constantly under the pump. Our two young talls in McCarthy and Lynch still have a quarter to show something.

Wills would be very handy today.

Hmm, most of the young talent playing ones I guess. Daicos and Lynch both been good today, Kirby quiet but showed plenty. Haven't seen much from McLarty today, first game I've seen from him though. Not a lot of experience down back to give him any direction to be fair.

Some useful assets in the stands too. Wills, Oxley, Thomas, Sinclair, White all useful 20-to-30 ranked players who could be lifting the load on the youngsters...

It's his fourth game of the year and he's had no preseason. Wtf do you want from him?

He could put his head over it more and attack it harder imo.

Lack of preseason doesn't effect your intensity at the contest early in games and he is running across the field well just un-involved. Looks to spectate/sit on the periphery a lot still. Also needs to make use of his size in packs better some players take a few seasons to realise what they are capable of in this regard.

Another learning year for him but he looks a long way off it, even given the interrupted preseason and year.

Looking at this V.F.L side,there really isn't a lot of young talent at Collingwood.Hine has a lot to answer for in my opinion.
Moore, JDG, Aish, Phillips, Brown, Scharenberg, Maynard, Crocker all 21 or under and playing senior footy.

Yes, the lack of quality youth in the VFL is Hines fault....

He could put his head over it more and attack it harder imo.

Lack of preseason doesn't effect your intensity at the contest early in games and he is running across the field well just un-involved. Looks to spectate/sit on the periphery a lot still. Also needs to make use of his size in packs better some players take a few seasons to realise what they are capable of in this regard.

Another learning year for him but he looks a long way off it, even given the interrupted preseason and year.
Goal!!! :D

For mine it's not about numbers it is about the way he goes about it and imo he seems to lack some important traits and his mindset isn't aggressive enough in the contest.

It was a joke, loki...

Tahana hits Mayne 30 metres in the clear on the flank, Mayne trots into the 50, has a man on in the hotspot, it's Sier, he uses him, Sier marks.

From 30m, DIF... GOAL!

59-89

Remove this Banner Ad

Back