VFL Round 8 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields (Pies lost 83-102, Mayne booted 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
2:10pm this Saturday at Arctic Park 2.0, Cranbourne East.

Broadcast:
Television - Channel 7 LIVE into Victoria from 2:00pm. Streamed LIVE through the Plus7 website (at this link) and Plus 7 Live smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 2:00pm. Replayed online at the Plus7 website (at this link) and through the Plus 7 Live app until Sunday July 9th.

For Australian viewers outside Victoria, you will need to change your location to "Victoria" if watching through the Plus7 app, or to a Victorian postcode (ie: 3000) if watching through the Plus7 website. If watching through the Plus7 website, the use of a private browser would also be an advantage.

Radio - Casey Radio 3SER on 97.7FM in south-eastern Melbourne. Also streaming live at this link, through this console and via the TuneIn Radio app for iPhone and Android. Pre-game show begins from 1pm.

Internet - Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board, through FlashScore and on Twitter at @VFLPies, game chat in this thread.

Team:
B: 44. L. Mackie, 23. L. Keeffe, 41. H. Schade
HB: 14. J. Aish, 35. S. McLarty, 31. J. Ramsay
C: 26. J. Daicos, 53. J. Hellier, 39. B. Crocker
HF: 25. J. Crisp, 16. C. Mayne, 11. J. Blair
F: 27. K. Kirby, 46. M. Cox, 34. M. McCarthy
R: 45. M. Lynch, 19. L. Greenwood, 36. B. Sier
Int: 57. A. Close, 55. R. Pendlebury, 69. J. Blair, 61. N. Gray, 63. M. Hore, 48. L. Tardrew, 67. M. Smith, 56. S. Tahana, 49. M. Chippendale, 47. G. Borthwick,
62. A. Indovino, 66. D. Hinkley
23P: 64. C. Lane

Getting There:
Car
- Located at the intersection of Berwick-Cranbourne Road and Casey Fields Boulevard, Cranbourne East. Limited parking immediately outside and near the oval.

Public Transport
- Take the Route 897 (Clyde - Lynbrook Station) to the stop at the intersection of Berwick-Cranbourne Road and Casey Fields Boulevard, Cranbourne East. 5 minute walk into the complex to the ground.

PTV Journey Planner

Admission:
- Adult: $10
- Concession/Pensioner: $5
- Children 15 & under: free

Where They Sit:
Casey: 10th (3 wins, 4 losses, 1 bye, 96.44%)
Collingwood: 12th (2 wins, 5 losses, 1 bye, 79.19%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 10, 2016 at Casey Fields
Casey 2.7.19, def by
Collingwood 8.11.59

Head to Head:
Played: 17
Casey: 12
Collingwood: 5

How They Fared Last Week:
Coburg 10.8.68, def by
Casey 12.14.86

Collingwood 14.8.92, def
Sandringham 11.12.78

Trivia:
- This will be the seventh year in a row (and indeed overall) that Collingwood's VFL team has been fixtured to play a 'Queen's Birthday weekend' Saturday afternoon clash against Casey at Casey Fields. The VFL Magpies record in this fixture against the Demons (nee Scorpions) has been a woeful one, with just 2 wins from 6 games since the first fixture in 2011 (for an average losing margin of 37.2 points).

Over to you...

#bringbackthevflreplay

Last edited:
I'm bracing myself to go to this, but may shirk the responsibility. Its a long way to go to be buffeted by arctic winds and record rainfall, while watching the Pies struggle against these guys. Pathetic of me, I know.

Made the trip out there a few times over the last couple of years but it's a f*%$#@& long way from Bendigo so might watch this one from the comfort of my lounge room.

I'm bracing myself to go to this, but may shirk the responsibility. Its a long way to go to be buffeted by arctic winds and record rainfall, while watching the Pies struggle against these guys. Pathetic of me, I know.

Forecast is Good for Saturday.

It be Freezing but as long as it does not Rain

Casey Fields...

Certainly ain't Strawberry Fields. It's a paddock fit for bovine. What happened to Springvales ground all those years ago? Much better for matchday.

Still better then Williamstown

Understandable, actually. This is the most miserable trip in VFL football. At least Williamstown has the suburb of Williamstown going for it. But Casey? Just a windy hole out in the middle of some old cow paddocks, masquerading as a new suburb. Even our very own mattys123, resident of the nearby and much-maligned Nazza Wazza is like 'hmm, yeah, that joint is pretty s**t'...

Very tempted to sit this one out and watch on the telly.

Casey Fields...

Certainly ain't Strawberry Fields. It's a paddock fit for bovine. What happened to Springvales ground all those years ago? Much better for matchday.

Newcomben Road? It's still there. But they moved as part of a deal with the Casey council to broaden their supporter base appeal, or something...

Understandable, actually. This is the most miserable trip in VFL football. At least Williamstown has the suburb of Williamstown going for it. But Casey? Just a windy hole out in the middle of some old cow paddocks, masquerading as a new suburb. Even our very own mattys123, resident of the nearby and much-maligned Nazza Wazza is like 'hmm, yeah, that joint is pretty s**t'...

Nah, still not as bad as Williamstown, especially on a wet and windy day. At least there is some cover in the outer at this ground, unlike the hellhole that is Point Gellibrand oval.

But yeah, it's still not pretty, it's like the Casey Council thought "where is the absolute worst place we can build a sporting complex?" and wallah they have found East Cranbourne. The only positive is it's the closest VFL ground to me for the year.

I just hope the idiots on the gate don't try and charge away AFL members full price like the morons at Sandringham did.

Anyone who chooses to stay home and watch this on TV is forgiven, but where Kirby goes, I go.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOFT

Don't you take that tone with me, young man!

giphy.gif

I never said that I wasn't actually going....

Nah, still not as bad as Williamstown, especially on a wet and windy day. At least there is some cover in the outer at this ground, unlike the hellhole that is Point Gellibrand oval.

But yeah, it's still not pretty, it's like the Casey Council thought "where is the absolute worst place we can build a sporting complex?" and wallah they have found East Cranbourne. The only positive is it's the closest VFL ground to me for the year.

I just hope the idiots on the gate don't try and charge away AFL members full price like the morons at Sandringham did.

Anyone who chooses to stay home and watch this on TV is forgiven, but where Kirby goes, I go.:D

Your track record on VFL crushes is not particularly great. Karnezis, Abbott, Marsh, now Kirby? Rest in peace, Kayle...:(:'(

Your track record on VFL crushes is not particularly great. Karnezis, Abbott, Marsh, now Kirby? Rest in peace, Kayle...:(:'(
Fourth times a charm.;) #freehugs

Casey Fields...

The ground became run-down and was a drug hotspot.
The problem with Casey Fields is that the council made the facilities top class for the coaches and football staff, but no so much for the people that turn up to watch.

And the ressies, with the senior bench named, as is standard procedure...

Collingwood

B: 44. L. Mackie, 23. L. Keeffe, 41. H. Schade

HB: 14. J. Aish, 35. S. McLarty, 31. J. Ramsay

C: 26. J. Daicos, 53. J. Hellier, 39. B. Crocker

HF: 25. J. Crisp, 16. C. Mayne, 11. J. Blair

F: 27. K. Kirby, 46. M. Cox, 34. M. McCarthy

R: 45. M. Lynch, 19. L. Greenwood, 36. B. Sier

Int: 57. A. Close, 55. R. Pendlebury, 69. J. Blair, 61. N. Gray, 63. M. Hore, 48. L. Tardrew, 67. M. Smith, 56. S. Tahana, 49. M. Chippendale, 47. G. Borthwick,
62. A. Indovino, 66. D. Hinkley

23P: 64. C. Lane

In: J. Ramsay, M. Chippendale, J. Crisp, J. Blair, B. Crocker, J. Aish, L. Greenwood, R. Pendlebury, A. Close, D. Hinkley, A. Indovino
Out: T. Langdon, J. Kelly, J. Thomas

Welcome back, Ryan Pendlebury!

The improving Thomas and the always useful Kelly are big losses, though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back