2017 UK General Election - The Verdict: It's MAYDUP

Fellow Qualifying Commonwealth Citizens - Who Do you Prefer?

• Conservative and Unionist Party

• Labour Party

• Liberal Democrats

• Scottish National Party

• Plaid Cymru

• Sinn Féin

• Democratic Unionist Party

• United Kingdom Independence Party

• Social Democratic & Labour Party

• Green Party

• John Bercow- Hear Ye Hear Ye!

• May Will Stay

• May Will Go

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems the push to cut services hurt the Tories badly in the end. It was incredibly cynical: run an election while in an 'unlosable position', under the cover of the brexit issue, and attempt to get a mandate on the sly to cut social services. Many seemed to see this for what it was, and haven't given May a mandate as a result. As for the British Press, well, their hatred of Corbyn is so deeply ideological that I can't say I'm surprised.
Ofcourse the brittish press hatred is ideological. That's because Corbyns backwards ideology is a populist sham.

Ofcourse the brittish press hatred is ideological. That's because Corbyns backwards ideology is a populist sham.

What "specific" policies outlined in the manifesto are so backwards and why?

What's to bet you cant name one. Another who is drunk on Murdoch propaganda.

If Brexit is to deliver such a wonderful Britain for all (quote may) why the need to cut services to the knuckle?

People are sick of this s**t when they see nouveus blow the equivalent of their whole years salary on hyped up meals etc

People are sick of this s**t when they see nouveus blow the equivalent of their whole years salary on hyped up meals etc

It's a special type of objectionable that...the news of the cost of some high-end meal enjoyed by yet another drift of pigs with their snouts in the trough.

Sounds like someone's Tory membership card is destined for an encounter with the microwave

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c5169cfa-4e2d-11e7-a20e-a11097d3353d

To quote my former Tory minister again: “The Brexit negotiations will be awful, especially after this [election result]. There is no way the other 27 countries will allow us to emerge better off. The country will be poorer. Then the electorate’s eyes will narrow. The blame will settle on the Tory party. We will own the entire mess. And their revenge on us at the next election will be awesome to behold. We will be wiped out.”

Rees Mogg on the telly now saying we need May to stay, we need her stability blah blah...

lol...

Be honest *stick...we want her there to wear the inevitable shitstorm for the next 12months or so, and when the time is right we will knife her quicker than you can say God Save the Queen...

I'll give the Tories one thing...they know how to stay on message.

We're the largest party in the Parliament...

True...but I reckon the notion might lose it's impact given it's being used three times in every answer.

Not to mention the fact that Labour is at an institutional disadvantage in just about every seat as the left wing vote is carved between a number of parties whereas the right wing vote coalesces around the Tories (now that the UKIP vote has s**t itself).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention the fact that Labour is at an institutional disadvantage in just about every seat as the left wing vote is carved between a number of parties whereas the right wing vote coalesces around the Tories (now that the UKIP vote has s**t itself).
Would be interested to see what the result would have been if they had a preferential voting system like Aus. Are there any studies out there on what that would have meant?

For the poster who was asking for Brexit votes by party - breakdown was (based on party supported at the time of the Brexit vote):

Tories - 57% Leave
Labour - 69% remain
Lib Dems - 73% remain
UKIP - 93% leave

For the poster who was asking for Brexit votes by party - breakdown was (based on party supported at the time of the Brexit vote):

Tories - 57% Leave
Labour - 69% remain
Lib Dems - 73% remain
UKIP - 93% leave

Should be interesting once Brexit is a complete non issue
Can't believe the Tories folded so easily

Most UKippers were disillusioned Labour voters.

Most UKippers were disillusioned Labour voters.

Considering most of the ukip vote went to the Tories, i think "most" is not the right word to use. "Some" definitely. I think that was one of the big surprises.

Considering most of the ukip vote went to the Tories, i think "most" is not the right word to use. "Some" definitely. I think that was one of the big surprises.

The biggest surprise is the supreme confidence with which "analysts" state categorically, in an optional voting system, which party's votes "shifted" to which other party whenever there is any alteration in relative party percentages of the actual vote.
Such claims simply cannot be taken seriously without substantial detailed post-poll analysis of the whole electorate, particularly as to who did and did not actually vote in each of the 2 elections.

Back