Autopsy Hawthorn defeats the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

You magnificent boys
Picked them by 2 points in my tipping

Hardwick, Burton, TOB, Howe, langers, Mitchell, Shoe all fantastic tonight and that's our next premiership core

Welcome back to Birch
Hendo was great

But Silk - be still my beating heart.

Doesn't remind me of Chris Mew, but maybe a Jeremy Howe or Jayden Hunt type. Has some speed, can take a mark, kicks it well. I was wrong about him playing as a forward because he has been playing his best in defence this year.
Actually the Jeremy Howe comparison is very apt. Both Howe and Sicily have the knack of timing their leaps which you really cant teach. Sicily is a beautiful field kick as well.

I missed what Hodge was referring to when he said 'hey, you don't say that' to teammate prior to the song.

What did Hodgey tell Burton off for just before the song?? He tapped him on the shoulder and said 'oi, we don't say that'.

Heard the same - no doubt that's what the media focus will be

Tremendous win. Burton was supreme. Hardwick did a fantastic job on Betts and Howe has found a new role.

Fringe players Henderson, Langford, Duryea and Schoenmakers played the type of games that extent careers.

Burgoyne was just Burgoyne. Best clutch player I've seen.

Mitchell was great as always. Great to have Birchall back.

We actually should have won by more. Reamed by the umpires all night. Ball lived in our forward line but we didn't get much from Roughy, Gunston or Breust.

Best performance of the year. A real surprise treat

Why did hodge say to burton just before they started singing the song, you don't say that?

Awesome! I am doing a little jig around the lounge room now.

Some of the umpiring decisions were just mind-boggling but we still won and how good is Burton? Superstar. Henderson best game for the club. Langford was good I thought and Duryea. Birchall fantastic. Macca in the ruck great and having his best year. Sis wow looks really good down back also. Just a great effort all round. Howe and Brand and Hardwick....

We are building for the future as can see it...

Get May please in the off season.. Gunston perhaps I was wrong to trade him as dangerous when on.

Hardwick
Burton
Howe
O'Brien

the future is bright

Special mention to Schoenmakers who came in did a job and had perfect footskills when needed

Shaun Burgoyne and Luke Hodge are legends of this club and are in our greatest ever team - no if's buts or maybe's - their leadership is unbelievable

What an awesome birthday present

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's obviously a lot of positives from tonight but I'll just say one thing..

For a long time we looked like we were playing admirably but going to go down to a better team.

Then Burton kicked two massive goals and lifted us..

Sicily was really good in the back half tonight.

Sticky hands, backs his kicking. Oddly composed. Mistakes forgivable as it was generally attempting something ambitious and potentially damaging to Adelaide. Seriously good game tonight. Every team needs confident creators out the back line. Is it possible Sic is the answer? (plus Burto)

I told you all at the start of the game day thread that we were a good chance. Brushed off I was as the town drunk.
yeh me too... hub refused t cough up cash f or me to fly to adelaide.... I borrowed money to back my team... the bookie said you give me 100 and you win I will give you 500...... sometimes we just know''

onya boys

Was expecting the worst tonight so I'm absolutely rapt for the boys! I only got to watch from the final 5 minutes of the second quarter onwards but I was very impressed by what I saw.

Burton, Hardwick, Hartung, Langers, Brand, Howe, Hendo, Doc and Schoey were all great in their roles. Special mention to Sicily who played his best game ever for mine. Made a couple of blues with his disposal but my God he took some impressive grabs and took the game on. Keep him back all year.

Thought the leaders in Roughie, Silk, Hodgey, Shiels and Smith all stood tall.

Bruest had a dirty night but he'll bounce back next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back