Geelong's media department

Does Dangerfield put his media profile ahead of his team

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it distract them. You lost.
We could have done none of that and still lost anyway, nice self pwn though, suggesting it's the reason you won :thumbsu:
Clutching RM, clutching. Oh and BTW we usually lose after playing Hawthorn :thumbsu:

We could have done none of that and still lost anyway, nice self pwn though, suggesting it's the reason you won :thumbsu:
Clutching RM, clutching. Oh and BTW we usually lose after playing Hawthorn :thumbsu:
Excuses. We lose after playing the Hawks. Who's clutching. Don't grab self pwn too early.

What, you think if a club has players who like to joke around and do media work, it can't be successful? What's been Adelaide's excuse for the past couple of decades because there certainly hasn't been any personality coming out of there?

Another one throwing some media together to be six points behind. Keep up the good work.:straining::thumbsu:

Danger has seemed to be more in the spotlight since arriving at Geelong, i can't be entirely certain though as i didn't live in adelaide while he was there.

Does seem like the bloke who has tickets on himself though, which is why i can't stand him anymore. It's all about him. And yes i'm going to enrage Geelong fans or people who like the way he plays. But he is very self absorbed. His just a modern and smarter Warrick Capper
I can't agree, mate. I'm so over the mono-syllabic "one week at a time" "yeah-nah" modern footballer - any departure from that is welcome for me. It's true that Paddy is a bit into himself, but he does speak intelligently, he does express strong personal views (relatively speaking). So all in all, he's more interesting to me than 99% of players. It's got to the point for me that whenever I watch any of the football shows and there is a guest player on, I just skip the whole segment. Player interviews are shockers these days. They say nothing. Bores me to tears. Paddy offers something different, so I've got to give him credit for that.

Yeah it distract them. You lost.

Have you ever heard the phrase "correlation does not equal causation"?

That is, rather than blaming the loss on Geelong players 'being distracted' by peripheral matters I'm sure they spent about 5 minutes thinking about, wouldn't it be more likely that Adelaide was just better that night? It actually seems rather disrespectful to your own side that you would attribute its win over a side it has recently struggled against to outside distractions on Geelong's part rather than, say, your coach's good work figuring out how to counter Geelong or your players coming out and playing really well. Dangerfield being a high-profile football personality didn't seem to change the result the prior three encounters when Geelong won, so I don't see how that would be the difference this time. Moreover, a five-goal haul would suggest his lack of focus didn't impede Taylor too much. I'd be more laying it at the feet of the Geelong players you hear nothing from in the media than the reigning Brownlow medalist, the captain, and one of the best CHBs of the last decade.

Last edited:
That segment on AFL360 tonight with flop and dive was absolutely cringeworthy.

Another one throwing some media together to be six points behind. Keep up the good work.:straining::thumbsu:
The crux of this thread for you just seems to be to gloat that Adelaide beat Geelong, which is really petty. It belongs in the Bay in fact. If you want to make threads where you pretend to present a legitimate issue to disguise a desire to stick the boots into an opposition club, that's where it should go.

The crux of this thread for you just seems to be to gloat that Adelaide beat Geelong, which is really petty. It belongs in the Bay in fact. If you want to make threads where you pretend to present a legitimate issue to disguise a desire to stick the boots into an opposition club, that's where it should go.
No. Not at all. I think your media department is pandering to needs. You can see it quite explicitly. True.

Have you ever heard the phrase "correlation does not equal causation"?

That is, rather than blaming the loss on Geelong players 'being distracted' by peripheral matters I'm sure they spent about 5 minutes thinking about, wouldn't it be more likely that Adelaide was just better that night? It actually seems rather disrespectful to your own side that you would attribute its win over a side it has recently struggled against to outside distractions on Geelong's part rather than, say, your coach's good work figuring out how to counter Geelong or your players coming out and playing really well. Dangerfield being a high-profile football personality didn't seem to change the result the prior three encounters when Geelong won, so I don't see how that would be the difference this time. Moreover, a five-goal haul would suggest his lack of focus didn't impede him too much. I'd be more laying the feet at the Geelong players you hear nothing from in the media than the reigning Brownlow medalist, the captain, and one of the best CHBs of the last decade.
I couldn't read all that I'm sorry. I saw focus in there. I assuming you were recognising a lack of.

Excuses. We lose after playing the Hawks. Who's clutching. Don't grab self pwn too early.
I'm agreeing with Biggy_Boy on everything he's said to you in this thread, we agree so seldom we have been responsible for each other getting infractions. Fair indication of the the quality of the discussion topic.

You made a pretty rubbish thread. Maybe the Bay and SFA is more for you, then again Royals so maybe not...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care about Dangerfield really. That's not to say that I'm not happy to see the back of him, Never liked him when he played for us so glad he's another teams problem now. It's always been about him, he's an egomaniac.

Walks around like he's packing suitcase under each arm. Loves the limelight. I'm just glad he can't kick to save his life or he really would be one of the greats. As it is he's a tough contested , hard in and under type that wastes it, and brings along a lot of unwanted attention .. as Scott mentioned Monday night, something you would rather not deal with.

Yeah I hope you guys make it to the grand final and we get to smash yas then. Will be good to hear all the excuses, there's always a rider when Geelong talk.

Yeah I hope you guys make it to the grand final and we get to smash yas then. Will be good to hear all the excuses, there's always a rider when Geelong talk.

But this thread is giving Geelong an excuse. If we lose, will the reason be "Geelong were distracted by Dangerfield's antics" rather than "Adelaide were just better"?

If the team performs, and if Danger performs then it isn't an issue. In fact if neither of the above are true, then it still shouldn't be an issue. How does it affect anything at all? Having a bit of light hearted fun isn't going to affect your footballing ability.

But this thread is giving Geelong an excuse. If we lose, will the reason be "Geelong were distracted by Dangerfield's antics" rather than "Adelaide were just better"?

Compare this side to your recent premiership champions.

Seem to remember Geelong being a rather closed shop back in those days. Is this correct or was there as much exposure back with that side?

I'm agreeing with Biggy_Boy on everything he's said to you in this thread, we agree so seldom we have been responsible for each other getting infractions. Fair indication of the the quality of the discussion topic.

You made a pretty rubbish thread. Maybe the Bay and SFA is more for you, then again Royals so maybe not...
I feel good that I've improved your relationship.
You need to understand that your last sentence has nothing at all to do with this topic.

My point is that the "masses" don't tend to say it at all. It's people in the media pretending to speak on behalf of the masses, but instead pushing their own agenda.
Masses in this context would refer to those who are vocal on these "issues", in which case you wouldn't expect someone to really speak up if there were evidence provided to the contrary. In other words, it's not really everyday that you hear someone crow up with, "Gee, players these days are so full of personality!"

Compare this side to your recent premiership champions.

Seem to remember Geelong being a rather closed shop back in those days. Is this correct or was there as much exposure back with that side?
The players in that side did not really relish the media spotlight like Dangerfield does. Ablett was always very media shy, and many of the others were subdued as well. That didn't mean that they didn't joke around and have fun, though, which is all Taylor was doing. That doesn't mean it's a detriment to the side to have a public persona; Dangerfield has been in the spotlight more since coming to Geelong and Geelong went from outside the 8 to making a prelim with him in the side, so evidence would point to it not really being an issue, provided the player relishes the attention, which Danger clearly does.

It's also a different time. Social media is so pervasive and fans demand more engagement with the club and players than ever.

It does seems like another symptom of jilted ex-lover syndrome. Apparently Geelong lost because of Dangerfield, so if Dangerfield wasn't playing for Geelong... if only he were playing for Adelaide still. They win a game, and they're back to talking about Dangerfield.

Back