Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Hello all.
Last Saturday week we saw an amazing game from Patrick Dangerfield where he injured his foot went forward. He completely altered Hawthorns structure and had eleven scoring shot for 5 goal 6. Amazing.
On Monday he reacted to a tweet from Kane Cornes that he was overplaying injury and rolled out to a presser looking like a mummy.
He travelled without the team due to previous commitments.
He played and had impact put took a dive.
Harry Taylor took a piece of Ham out on the field and gave it to Josh Jenkins after the game.
Dangerfield and Selwood have done another look at us media piece today.
My question is. Are they being distracted and should reign it in a bit? Or should they just go for it.
As an Adelaide fan I have soft spot for Danger but feel it's all becoming about him and not team.
Every team has marquee players but his profile is becoming more than the team.
All in all I'd think that Geelongs media department have made some errors in the last week pandering to a players needs and looking for profile that way than focusing on the the big picture.
Doss what was that thing I said last time?

Dangerfield and Selwood have done another look at us media piece today.
Apart from this whole premise being rather meh, this is merely a weekly segment that parodies Zach Galifinakis' "Between Two Ferns".
Most are just happy the media team are putting anything up, most lax media department imaginable.

Are you aware that probably 3-4 years back Matthew Stokes had a weekly segment where he'd prank teammates in a look at me fashion? Where was the uproar over that

Danger has seemed to be more in the spotlight since arriving at Geelong, i can't be entirely certain though as i didn't live in adelaide while he was there.

Does seem like the bloke who has tickets on himself though, which is why i can't stand him anymore. It's all about him. And yes i'm going to enrage Geelong fans or people who like the way he plays. But he is very self absorbed. His just a modern and smarter Warrick Capper

Masses: "Players these days have no personality PC GONE MAD!!!!!!"
This is often stated but do people actually really say this? I mean, why do we care if they have personality? I just want to watch them play footy, I couldn't care less about anything else.

I feel like the media just trot this line out as an excuse to keep badgering the players for more "access".

Harry Taylor took a piece of Ham out on the field and gave it to Josh Jenkins after the game.

This is the weirdest part.. so he played a whole match hiding a piece of ham to use when he shook hands with Jenkins post game? wtf?

This is often stated but do people actually really say this? I mean, why do we care if they have personality? I just want to watch them play footy, I couldn't care less about anything else.

I feel like the media just trot this line out as an excuse to keep badgering the players for more "access".
Certainly do, and you need not look beyond this site for a goldmine in that regard.

Sam Newman and other draconian social commentators are serial offenders in the public sphere

Certainly do, and you need not look beyond this site for a goldmine in that regard.

Sam Newman and other draconian social commentators are serial offenders in the public sphere
My point is that the "masses" don't tend to say it at all. It's people in the media pretending to speak on behalf of the masses, but instead pushing their own agenda.

Apart from this whole premise being rather meh, this is merely a weekly segment that parodies Zach Galifinakis' "Between Two Ferns".
Most are just happy the media team are putting anything up, most lax media department imaginable.

Are you aware that probably 3-4 years back Matthew Stokes had a weekly segment where he'd prank teammates in a look at me fashion? Where was the uproar over that
It's not meh, you responded.
The media coming out of Geelong re Dangers presser last Monday was cringeworthy.
Zac Galifinakis was a fad. Good stuff.
Did you hear about the Taylor ham thing. Where's the focus?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the weirdest part.. so he played a whole match hiding a piece of ham to use when he shook hands with Jenkins post game? wtf?
Exactly, so where's the focus. Would they have used the ham as a media piece if they won? Taylor played an enormous game, kicked five. But there was a part that wasn't focused.

It's not meh, you responded.
The media coming out of Geelong re Dangers presser last Monday was cringeworthy.
Zac Galifinakis was a fad. Good stuff.
Did you hear about the Taylor ham thing. Where's the focus?
The outrage of this is meh, like seriously, you actually think this distracts them lol.
I've seen Hawkins, Varcoe and Duncan down playing at my local golf club every Thursday back when we last won a flag. Footballers don't think about footy 24/7.

Dangers presser was his 2nd clip at Kane on the same day, whether you consider it funny or not, he was defending himself and his integrity, which was called into question. Cornes was fair game. Might as well had him doing the presser btw as had Scott done it, it would have been dominated by questions about Danger's ankle.

Woah! Hold the phone, a handshake with ham has lost his focus :drunk:
It'd have taken less than a minute to organise, leave it on the bench and have a trainer bring it out post match. Kicked 5 goals from memory so played well for a man having lost his focus.

The outrage of this is meh, like seriously, you actually think this distracts them lol.
I've seen Hawkins, Varcoe and Duncan down playing at my local golf club every Thursday back when we last won a flag. Footballers don't think about footy 24/7.

Dangers presser was his 2nd clip at Kane on the same day, whether you consider it funny or not, he was defending himself and his integrity, which was called into question. Cornes was fair game. Might as well had him doing the presser btw as had Scott done it, it would have been dominated by questions about Danger's ankle.

Woah! Hold the phone, a handshake with ham has lost his focus :drunk:
It'd have taken less than a minute to organise, leave it on the bench and have a trainer bring it out post match. Kicked 5 goals from memory so played well for a man having lost his focus.
Yeah it distract them. You lost.

Back