Autopsy Swans vs Hawks (R19, 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: Reid or Tippett now that we've pretended that Sinclair is any good.

Must win one of Geelong or Adelaide but based on tonight finals footy will undo us as we don't have the skills to match a team that can apply some pressure to us.

Every farking game Horse coaches against Clarko is the same. How about next time he sends a text he says " you must love coaching against me" instead of the other way around.

Just like that we are back in the dogfight for 7th and 8th. Was always going to be hard coming back from 0-6.

Nothing positive out of this game and nothing went our way. Regardless of injuries, we just can't handle them.

Sinclair showed the game last week was the biggest anomaly of all time. He might survive if Naismith is out though. Worst game our defence has played since the Carlton game.

Hopefully Kennedy can get up but I'd say it's the ongoing quad issue which kept him out of the Gold Coast game possibly?

That and Geelong/Adelaide > Hawthorn. Losses to them would've been expected, this could **** us over.

It's all in the head though. I feel confident in us in next week and that should be enough to make the 8. And given what the Dogs did last year, winning a flag from outside the 4 is doable.

Maybe, but just looking at the last 12 weeks

10 and 2 and losses by a kick in each loss, have to take that form overall regardless of the dumb footy tonight at times,

We lost this game at both the selection table and with our own mental demons. For sonne reason our heads just don't switch on against them. Maybe it's selections, maybe it's the history of losses, hopefully we can sort it out eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just dont think people should panic or think the sky falling on one loss

Yeah be annoyed we lost to an arch enemy but they were too good, we have good form overall, players to return, confident still

Lets move on

Swans forward half defensive pressure was lacking without Rohan causing havoc and defensive structure was impacted without Lloyds effective delivery. Two unfortunate outs for Swans along with Sam Reid being injured as there was no release outlet ala the role McEvoy played superbly for Hawks tonight.

Swans eventually lost by 6 points and I bet Sinclair is feeling bad right now for that first miss from right in front. Swans were not good enough tonight and appeared quite disorganised especially in the first half.

Game is done and dusted, life goes on and the weekend continues. May it be enjoyable for all of you despite the disappointment of tonights result. Go Swans!!!

I'd like to see that Parker handball in the centre, 4th quarter again. The game pivoted on that umpire's call. Seemed regulation to me, Parker was dumbfounded. If play on we are sweeping into attack.
Despite that our players were beaten all round the ground, but we still could've snatched it.

Sicily one which was the same was fine of course. May have been different umps but still makes you shake your head.

Oh puhleasse. Been hearing this s**t for the last few years. Maybe it is time to stop with the excuses and admit that they own us top to bottom.
It's a game of footy, no one owns anyone. Stop wi th the excuses and admit they were better on the day!

We beat them at the G last year...how's that an owning?

Was a finals atmosphere and swans kept missing targets, I'm going to go with view it'll benefit us later cause not much else positive to take out of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah be annoyed we lost to an arch enemy but they were too good, we have good form overall, players to return, confident still

Lets move on
Sort of expected it and then pretty much was confident that we were going to lose after the outs. We just can't beat them.

Lloyd and Rohan out before the game changed our structures
JPK struggled with injury early on
Lance tried too hard
Hawthorn out marked us.
Do we need to rest Hannebery?
Kicking long into frward line played into Hawthorn's hands.
Was Naismith injured or run off his feet?
Our forwards did not spread enough
Despite being out markedoutplayed we only lost by 1 goal.
Get home boys, rest up, recovery, pick ourselves up and let's move onto Geelong

Lets move on

I just can't - As far as I'm concerned the season is done and the dream run is over. Geelong down there is rare and we never beat the Crows over there. Hawks are always the nail and I'm pissed off. Wife hates my guts and I'm on the piss so that doesn't exactly ******* help either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back