Rumour Clarko to coach Gold Coast in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowing Clarko the man, i reckon he would be loathe to leave them when they were down and out but now that he has uncovered at least a smidge of new young talent after the Glory Team, he could leave them in a better position than the poor one they were in earlier in the season.

Knowing Clarko the man ??

KNOWING CLARKO

YOU DONT KNOW FCUKING SH!T :rolleyes:

He's a loyal man who doesn't go back on his word.
He has stated that he "will not be coaching anywhere but Hawthorn next year"

He has also stated that he "won't ever coach any other AFL club"

But you, knowing Clarko the man, thinks he might leave.

FMD

Why would it be Clarko? Word on the street is they've got Bomber Thompson.

Bomber has shown he can build a side off his own ability ie Geelong/Essendon.

Being contracted doesn't mean a whole lot these days, if he wants out the Hawks will let him leave and save themselves hundreds of K doing it.

Pretty sure they would not let Clarko go... but keep the dream alive.

No senior coach with any intelligence goes to GCS until the Board and management are cleaned out.

Only retirees and junior coaches would take on that basketcase of a club.

Heard a whisper Robbo and Gerard are in for the job. obvious really, they know every fu..ng thing

i've got inside info clarko to freo dockerz 1 million per year 5 year deal, also hodge to go over with him as assitant coach, luke bruest to freo for nat fyfe and first round pick in 2018 draft.

Caroline Wilson said a few months ago that Clarko was no chance to leave Hawthorn

Good enough for me ;-)

The fact that Clarko said it should be enough. Don't ever recall him being anything but honest during his time at the club

I wouldn't be surprised if Evans and by extension the afl aren't targeting other hawk employees - when you want the best you go after the best and it seems the Hawks are always the prime target

About time we scored some bonus draft picks from the afl for being their employment pool for every other club

Clarkson to the Suns is a Done deal afl signed off on it yesterday when Mark Evens was back in town

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheedy obviously worked with GWS - we all laughed, but it's obvious now Sheedy was about the CLUB - he set the tone, helped create the club, be the public face - leave the actual coaching to the smart young assistants, but make sure everything is going in the right direction.

The AFL did the same with Barassi in Sydney in the 1990s, and Roos at Melbourne at a few years back.

The only reason I can see it working for Malthouse is that the primary job is press conferences and he absolutely hates those.............

Matthews could do it - he obviously likes the place enough to live up there. Choco could do it - he's just not as media friendly. Thompson may be 'damaged goods'.

I'm going all out here for the afl conspiracy but based on all the rumours...

I reckon they gonna appoint a legends coaching team with Clarkson, Thompson, Malthouse, Roos, Matthews, Blight, Williams and Sheedy. Covers nearly every grand final back to the 90s.

This one has popped up every time my team has lost by a considerable margin this year and I'm fully expecting one of the journos to suggest it again tomorrow after our dismal display in China. The Mark Evans link is obvious and Hawthorn aren't what they once were so Clarko might be inclined to explore new avenues. So what do you guys think? Any truth?

I heard he's taking Schoenmakers with him on a four year contract for $700,000 a year.

With the hawks soundly beaten and now officially out of the finals race , i wonder if there may be some developments on this front now ...
Soundly beaten? Gee your bar is set low

Still this is the club that thought clarko should have handed fevols a charity 100th goal

With the hawks soundly beaten and now officially out of the finals race , i wonder if there may be some developments on this front now ...
terminal velocity.. flying by the seat of his pants.. but that is the point.. he loves the duplicity.. normality is counteractive and driving the bus is
exciting.. whoo hoo... :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back