• End of 2017

• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol so apparently Nathan Vardy, Xavier Ellis, Jamie Bennell and Brad Dick were kids when we got them all for basically free?

Fair few average posters infect this thread.
Bennell and Dick were just a complete waste of list spots. Much like Lucas and Morton we would have been better off taking a player in the draft instead of wasting time on those spuds.

No I'm stupid enough to think that Cripps and others continually fumbling it and our general poor skills is Adam Simpsons responsibility.

So far he hasn't done anything about it and continues to tolerate it and pick the same players that keep doing it.

Are you stupid enough to think it isn't his responsibility?

A big responsibility that Simmo failed at was in regards to Jetta who was recruited to add speed to a slowish midfield ..Simmo has really failed to utilise Jetta 's speed by having no set plays developed to focus on his strengths ..We very rarely see Jetta running to break lines which was a attraction that was supposed to benefit WCE ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A big responsibility that Simmo failed at was in regards to Jetta who was recruited to add speed to a slowish midfield ..Simmo has really failed to utilise Jetta 's speed by having no set plays developed to focus on his strengths ..We very rarely see Jetta running to break lines which was a attraction that was supposed to benefit WCE ..

I suggest jetta has failed - he does not and I suspect can not run anymore.

I suggest jetta has failed - he does not and I suspect can not run anymore.

Jetta' s greatest strength wasn't utilised due to poor set plays and poor instructions from coach ..Was a waste of time when Simmo didn't know too dumb too realise why Jetta was recruited ..

You feel he just cant wait for the season to finish so he can actually have his re-build.

2014 - He was feeling out the team to see who was good and who wasn't. Played some OK footy but we just smashed the easy teams at home and lost away. 11 wins 11 losses

2015 - Developed an excellent game plan on the fly but the squad was mentally week v the Hawks in the GF even though we smashed them in the QF. 16 wins and a draw with a GF appearance

2016 - Simpson thought he was close so stuck with the same plan but with some additions with Redden and Jetta but when Nic Nat went down we were never going to get back to the GF. 16 wins but a failed attempt in the finals. Went backwards but not world ending.

2017 - Loved the Mitchell idea as a long term investment even though he didn't play to his best this year he got to see first hand what he needs to work on. With such a close year you can see why Simpson persisted with the senior players. Probably finish on 11 wins with 12 a possibility.

On that you seriously cannot give Simpson the flick for 2018. He deserves at least 2 years to get the club back on track and if at the end of the two years we have gone backwards big time then yeah fair enough.

What needs to be done:

- Tell every player from the captain down that everyone is on notice at the start of pre-season and the team will get picked on who is on form on the track and during the Pre-season matches to determine who plays round 1. To many players get a game based on past exploits at the start of the season.

- Time for a change of captain for a new era. Hurn has been serviceable but he seriously has no voice on the field and worry's to much about what is going on and not taking the game on like he used to with his long kicks. Let him play his natural game without the responsibility of being the captain. Shuey should be the captain.

- Bring back the senior players training away from the group in the early stages in pre-season like Woosha did in 2011-2012. This was great in that the senior players were fresh come round 1 and it also forced the middle aged players to take a leading role. This will be great for players like Duggan , Barrass, Sheed & Nelson to take a leading role.

- Some changes in the coaching staff are a 100% needed. Cox to strictly become the ruck coach. Hickmott is more than likely leaving with his son a F/Son this year. Mitchell the new mid coach. Get a new forward line coach and give Graham the flick. Bring in some one senior to assist.

Simpson's only claim to fame was taking Woosha's list, using Pikes gameplan and the injury gods team selection to a surprise GF appearance off the back of a favourable draw. In every other respect his tenure has been a failure.

This season has been an absolute disaster and the thought of him anywhere near this team next year makes me sick in the guts. Take a good old look at Freo because people were saying exactly the same thing about them 2 years ago.

Simpson's only claim to fame was taking Woosha's list, using Pikes gameplan and the injury gods team selection to a surprise GF appearance off the back of a favourable draw. In every other respect his tenure has been a failure.

This season has been an absolute disaster and the thought of him anywhere near this team next year makes me sick in the guts. Take a good old look at Freo because people were saying exactly the same thing about them 2 years ago.

Using Simpson as a scapegoat won't solve anything.

You can't blame him entirely for this season, it's a result of both the players and coaching group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier in the year people were questioning whether 2015 was Pyke or Simpsons work that got us into the the GF, so i'll just leave this here after almost a full season...

Pyke = top of the ladder

Simpson = 9th.....

;)

Take Sloane out of Adelaide and they'd be in a very different position.

Take Sloane out of Adelaide and they'd be in a very different position.

Nope, they'd just get someone in to do the role. Pyke had the sense to drop Thomson because he was two slow and bring in younger players and get the mids working as a unit. They've had their ups and downs but they are on top for a reason. We instead play old players because "credits"..

Nope, they'd just get someone in to do the role. Pyke had the sense to drop Thomson because he was two slow and bring in younger players and get the mids working as a unit. They've had their ups and downs but they are on top for a reason. We instead play old players because "credits"..

So when Sloane was tagged out of games against Melbourne and North, that had no impact on their losses?

Sloane is their midfield general. Without him, Adelaide are a much worser team.

That's possibly the grossest oversimplification of our 2015 campaign I've seen.

Woosha's list in 2013 included Cox, Glass, Kerr, Embley, Waters and A.Selwood.

Calling it "Pyke's gameplan" assumes that one of our assistants was responsible for the game plan and not the senior coach. I haven't actually seen the "web" credited to Pyke anywhere other than here.

The injury gods took out our 2014 club champion for the year, along with his backup, crippled our 2012 club champion for most of the year and kept our second key forward out until after the bye. Not exactly a dream run.

Similarly our "favourable draw" had us playing the minor premiers twice, along with two other finalists.

Its not the only reason they lost, but they have played betterer team footy than we have over the year so they're in a better position.

Yes, they definitely have, but I think if Adelaide had Sloane out for the year they wouldn't be top of the ladder.

Likewise, the loss of Nic has had a greater impact then Simpson predicted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back