Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I certainly hope Finn comes on , and ends up a talent.
Surely 83 games and 2 premierships is romantic enough to qualify for a f/s ?

Scott played over 100 games for the Hawks. I assume you are referring to Dean Anderson who played 80 odd before going to the Saints.

Because there is goodwill to past players and supporters, and how much are you losing by having them rookie listed for a couple of years.

How many of his games have you watched?

Losing lot's potentially, the next Sewell, Priddis, Sandilands, Matty Boyd ........................................

Concessions need to be made for the Langfords, because Chris runs very much a study first and football later household. It'll likely only cost us our last rookie pick, so why not grab him?

The new AFL players CBA, which is starting 2018, states that all Category-A listed rookies will be eligible to play senior football in 2018 without needing to wait for an elevation to the senior list.
As such I wouldn't expect many "project" players will be selected as rookies. Most will be near ready made youngsters (e.g. Cousins) or depth players (e.g. Brolic).

If Shane or Devlin are not ready but want to play afl, let them cut their teeth in the preposed 18-21 development comp (which I hope gets up) or the VFL.

Interesting...

Very interesting indeed.

Given the lack of depth in this draft - I'd be more than happy if the club decided to put James, and devlin for that matter, on the rookie list for a year to see if there is something there to be worked with once in an elite environment.

I'm not sure Devlin deserves a rookie spot on development to date - but I think this year of all years affords us the luxury to take that risk. Devlin is an elite speedster. Teaching him where to go to get the ball may mean he has - in theory - a large trajectory for potential development.

Wasn't the concern with James whether or not he wanted to play at the highest level? You'd think if he said yes, rookie listing would be a formality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

99.99999% sure I just saw the full back of the century walk into Waverley with a young James by his side.
He looks like a decent sized kid!

Called this about 6 mths ago. Club has deliberately been very low key with the kid( with good reason) - can play. He has committed to studies this year which perfectly suited the master plan. Will get drafted and the upside is huge.

Watch this space.......

Called this about 6 mths ago. Club has deliberately been very low key with the kid( with good reason) - can play. He has committed to studies this year which perfectly suited the master plan. Will get drafted and the upside is huge.

Watch this space.......

I hope your right, as I heard the opposite on this forum also

Watch this space.......
You're just wrong about this mate. A decent sized kid doesn't mean he's playing AFL.

Yes - AFL elite speed over 20m. I'll find the link to it (it could be somewhere in this thread already) - but he is a 2.86sec runner over 20.
Pretty sure Schoey ran 2.89 at Combine or whatever it was called back then.

Is he anywhere near Schoey's build or height?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back