Prediction 2017 All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry its hard to understand.. Kicks, Kicks per game, Handballs, Handballs per game (2017)
Selwood also missed 4 games (basically 5 if you include the Freo game where he had 1 touch and then got concussed) and played poorly in the losses to Collingwood, West Coast, Gold Coast and us. Funny that you singled out Crouch though, I wonder why that would be the case?

Ryder is an all australian based solely on the hypocrisy of the ruck rules. If a Ruckman uses his arm to defend the space from the other ruckman at the centre bounce its a free kick for blocking. However, Ryder who has a natural high leap, runs and jumps into his opponent totally nullifying him and basically blocks him from doing anything. Now don't get me wrong, Ryder isn't doing anything wrong. However, why is there a rule that specifically favours the athletically gifted. A block should be a block regardless. Its a massive flaw in the rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder is an all australian based solely on the hypocrisy of the ruck rules. If a Ruckman uses his arm to defend the space from the other ruckman at the centre bounce its a free kick for blocking. However, Ryder who has a natural high leap, runs and jumps into his opponent totally nullifying him and basically blocks him from doing anything. Now don't get me wrong, Ryder isn't doing anything wrong. However, why is there a rule that specifically favours the athletically gifted. A block should be a block regardless. Its a massive flaw in the rule.
Ryder is in there because most former players, commentators, afl coaches, actually almost everyone thinks he should be there.

Ryder is in there because most former players, commentators, afl coaches, actually almost everyone thinks he should be there.

Based on a flawed and hypocritical rule. Im only pointing out the problems with the rule. Im not saying Ryder is poor. But it would be interesting to see how he goes if he wasn't allowed to take his opponents out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back