Preview Changes: QF v GWS

Pick ONE defender and FOUR half forwards/wingmen from the players below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow Giants have named a tall side considering the conditions, Inthought they might drop a tall and bring in an extra runner however they went the other way and have replaced two runners with an additional tall

Mumford
Davis
Lobb
Cameron
Patton
Himmelberg

I'm not convinced on their team balance

Didn't say they weren't good, there's no delusion. I'm saying that if we can't beat them at home by a comfortable margin, then we aren't contenders.
Bullshit, that's what you are saying.

If you thought they were any good, excepting a comfortable win without Sloane suggests you think they are s**t.

So you're saying the idea that we're going to miss nil output from Sloane because he'd be tagged out was erroneous.
I'm just saying that it is incorrect to think GWS will tag a midfielder. Black & white statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good thing is..
If we win tomorrow night.. most of our Key performers would have had very good rests.

Talia, Walker & Sloane.
Would have helped get rid of those little niggles they've been carrying.
It can't hurt for Sloane's knee to rest up for another week (hopefully 2).

Wow Giants have named a tall side considering the conditions, Inthought they might drop a tall and bring in an extra runner however they went the other way and have replaced two runners with an additional tall

Mumford
Davis
Lobb
Cameron
Patton
Himmelberg

They'll be relying on marking the ball on the wings and inside 50, otherwise we'll run it out and set up field position.

Absolutely MASSIVE games needed from Talia, Lever, Hartigan and Kelly, to spill it down to Smith and Laird. More important than the mids IMO.

From memory when we beat them in round 1 there was no Tex, B. Crouch, Lever, Greenwood or Knight and instead we played Menzel, Milera, Otten and Hampton

Even with Sloane out we arguably have a stronger side in tomorrow then we did in round 1

From memory when we beat them in round 1 there was no Tex, B. Crouch, Lever, Greenwood or Knight and instead we played Menzel, Milera, Otten and Hampton

Even with Sloane out we arguably have a stronger side in tomorrow then we did in round 1
Have you done the same for them?

Mumford
Davis
Lobb
Cameron
Patton
Himmelberg

Himmelberg shouldn't be playing. Firstly, he's still too raw and has major flaws. Secondly, as you said, I think they're a bit tall now. They should've played Taranto.

Sloane's out which is not ideal, but if we can win it tomorrow, we're looking good for the Prelim. Time for the young'uns to put their hands up and play to their potential a la Goodwin and Johnson in 07 + 08! Tex to play a massive game in Sloane's absence. Come on boys!!

2 big outs. Even with johnsons terrible form hes still dangerous.
Totally disagree. Johnson has been a complete liability most of the season, especially the second half. His lack of defensive work is appalling, and he can barely find the ball these days.

As for Devon Smith, his form has been awful. Good defensive forward and dangerous around goals at his best, but he's been pretty ordinary when he's actually got on the park this year.

Back