2017 - The most one sided finals series ever

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if anything, it has taken the buzz out of the home and away season.

The only real story of the finals that has caught the public's attention here is Richmond imo.

I think so. They do this too often, something they don't like happens once or twice and bam ruled changed.
Ugh.

It didn't help at all really since it was obvious Adelaide gave no shits about the last game. They might as well have rested a bunch of players because a bunch were already mentally checked out.

I am still not sure why resting players is bad beyond the whole betting situation. If a team finishes a bunch of games clear they should be allowed to do what the hell they want.

If so it has failed.

And as a supporter of a team that has played 1 game in 26 days there's no doubting it plays havoc with the lead up to the prelims for the teams that are supposed to have earnt the advantage.

Time for the end of season bye to go bye bye.
So you're worried about next week? And you're getting ready to blame the bye if you lose?

You are confused.

My claim isn't that not having the week off will make games close. It's that having the week off doesn't make them close or better like the afl are saying.

You're confused - the bye was clearly bought in to stop mass resting in the last round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible football being played for the most part. Uninteresting matches. One sided games. And to think we had to wait an extra week for this rubbish to start!! Richmond winning the flag is the only thing that can save this train wreck from being the least memorable finals series in decades..

Horrible football being played for the most part. Uninteresting matches. One sided games. And to think we had to wait an extra week for this rubbish to start!! Richmond winning the flag is the only thing that can save this train wreck from being the least memorable finals series in decades..
Oh god..... relying on Richmond. I pray for you

I would say football in general is a bore fest at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its so weird that the AFL gives every team a list of what - 44 players to choose from? but if you choose 'the wrong 22' to play, thats bad and we need a bye to stop it.

lists are 44 players, teams should be able to play any of those that are available for selection they want to enhance their season, surely?

If so it has failed.

And as a supporter of a team that has played 1 game in 26 days there's no doubting it plays havoc with the lead up to the prelims for the teams that are supposed to have earnt the advantage.

Time for the end of season bye to go bye bye.

Yep

Perhaps the bye should be round 20 instead as 1 game in 26 days is a disadvantage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back