2017 Trade Hypotheticals (opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

The club have said Pick 1 is on the table for the right price, haven't they? Have any realistic scenarios popped up (this is hypothetical, I'd rather keep the pick but am interested in hearing what's on the table).

The club have said Pick 1 is on the table for the right price, haven't they? Have any realistic scenarios popped up (this is hypothetical, I'd rather keep the pick but am interested in hearing what's on the table).
Been a few proposals, but realistically you would only give up pick 1 for a godfather offer. Ideally there would be a consensus number 1 that a club would be willing to pay overs to trade up for, but doesn't seem to be the case this year.

For me personally I was thinking that Fagan might want to add some experience and leaders to the team to help with on-field coaching ect.

The question is do the Lions really need any extra leadership and experience that will only take up valuable list spots for 1-2 years. Are they better off loading up with youngsters or players in the 22-25 year old age group that migth be around for a tilt at the Club's next premiership.

The question is do the Lions really need any extra leadership and experience that will only take up valuable list spots for 1-2 years. Are they better off loading up with youngsters or players in the 22-25 year old age group that migth be around for a tilt at the Club's next premiership.
Yeah that is the question.

tbh I know Birchall isn't close to hodge but he his still pretty vocal and takes control of the backline. Knowledge of the game is great and ability to read the play and teach players where to stand is amazing. Also teaching players how to drive off the flanks, just look at Burton, Sicily and Hardwick as examples. His 1-2 years could Further develop players in the backline quicker by sacrificing a players spot.

WhiteX is a great leader, watched him a lot in the vol when Burton, Sicily, Hardwick and Brand were in the VFL 2016/17 and boy was I impressed with how he got them organised and lead them. Same when fwd, just has a real leaders mentality.

Trade 1
GCS 2, 19, 22 and 37
Lions: 1 and 18

Trade 2:
Stk: 7, 8 and 57
Lions: 1, 18, 41and 73

Trade 3:
North: 4, 21, 44
Lions: 1 and 73

Last edited:

tbh I know Birchall isn't close to hodge but he his still pretty vocal and takes control of the backline. Knowledge of the game is great and ability to read the play and teach players where to stand is amazing. Also teaching players how to drive off the flanks, just look at Burton, Sicily and Hardwick as examples. His 1-2 years could Further develop players in the backline quicker by sacrificing a players spot.

WhiteX is a great leader, watched him a lot in the vol when Burton, Sicily, Hardwick and Brand were in the VFL 2016/17 and boy was I impressed with how he got them organised and lead them. Same when fwd, just has a real leaders mentality.

Trade 1
GCS 2, 19, 22 and 37

Trade 2:

Trade 3:
I don't look at any of those & think wow can't turn that down

The only ones I'd look at would be 1 for 7 & 8 only

Or if we could get North or GC 1st this year & next year somehow. They'd be fools to do it but both clubs seem pretty desperate atm.

Trade 1
GCS 2, 19, 22 and 37

Trade 2:

Trade 3:
Trade 1 is way too good for the Lions. Afl won't sign off on it

GCS 2, 19, 22 and 37
Lions: 1, 18 and
Trade 1 is way too good for the Lions. Afl won't sign off on it
Or you just do their 2018 first instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me personally I was thinking that Fagan might want to add some experience and leaders to the team to help with on-field coaching ect.
Beams, zorko, rich, robbo, martin, and rocky if he stays is enough "experience" to guide our youth. Add harris andrews, bundy and our leadership is ok too. I think hipwood, clug n berry will develop into very good leaders as well. As for onfield coaching, its not under 12s, the same message can come from the coaches box. We will develop nicely without them. Neither player has any value to us in the short or long term. I appreciate hawks have an ageing list and no presence in this years draft but dont try to palm off your dead wood to us under the guise of experience, leadership or on field coaching. Voss, leppa may have fallen for that one but im sure fagan wont.

Last edited:

That keeps coming up.....However I could counter that by saying one could do that though FA..I mentioned on another thread Brandon Jacks(not by any means suggest we go and get him )..But as a.23 year old free agent he certainly has an impressive resume.. 5 years in a successful Sydney midfield system, working alongside Mitchell, Josh Kennendy, McVeigh, Parker, Hannebery, Heeney and his brother Kieran and has captain the Swans NEAFL side.

If Geelong, Port and Brisbane all get end of first round picks for free agents, our second pick will be pushed out to pick 21.

That's getting closer to the mark for Cameron.

Brisbane could you some more leaders to provide help and I think this trade would be a good fit with Chris Fagan

Hawks: Birchall and WhiteX
Lions: 41 and 2018 3rd
If you really want to help our club, how about trading taylor duryea and billy hartung to us. Id happily give pick 41 and next years 3rd rnd for them. We could use a small defender and a bit of pace around the ground.

If Geelong, Port and Brisbane all get end of first round picks for free agents, our second pick will be pushed out to pick 21.

That's getting closer to the mark for Cameron.
Either way, I think a bid will come for Ballenden before then anyway so therefore it will be lost if we keep it as a live pick.
I think 18 for Cameron and 35.
Picks 17 and 18 are much better than 17 And 35 for Adelaide.
Especially when they are likely to make a play for Gibbs.

Either way, I think a bid will vome for Ballenden before then anyway so therefore it will be lost if we keep it as a live pick.
I think 18 for Cameron and 35.
Picks 17 and 18 are much better than 17 And 35 for Adelaide.
Especially when they are likely to make a play for Gibbs.

It looks like they'll get pick 10 for Lever as well

Personally if I am Adelaide I am trying to trade for at least 1 or 2 picks in next years draft, when it looks like there will be more S.A kids in the early part of the draft.

Pick 10 might get Darcy Fogarty if he slides a little.

Beams, zorko, rich, robbo, martin, and rocky if he stays is enough "experience" to guide our youth. Add harris andrews, bundy and our leadership is ok too. I think hipwood, clug n berry will develop into very good leaders as well. As for onfield coaching, its not under 12s, the same message can come from the coaches box. We will develop nicely without them. Neither player has any value to us in the short or long term. I appreciate hawks have an ageing list and no presence in this years draft but dont try to palm off your dead wood to us under the guise of experience, leadership or on field coaching. Voss, leppa may have fallen for that one but im sure fagan wont.
Im not worried about the draft at all. Think you under value on the field coaching. Tbh I don't rate rich as a leader, nor robbo or Martin.

If you really want to help our club, how about trading taylor duryea and billy hartung to us. Id happily give pick 41 and next years 3rd rnd for them. We could use a small defender and a bit of pace around the ground.
Hartung and wce seem likely 4 year offer on the table. You can have doc for free, so make sure you give enough money for a third :)

That keeps coming up.....However I could counter that by saying one could do that though FA..I mentioned on another thread Brandon Jacks(not by any means suggest we go and get him )..But as a.23 year old free agent he certainly has an impressive resume.. 5 years in a successful Sydney midfield system, working alongside Mitchell, Josh Kennendy, McVeigh, Parker, Hannebery, Heeney and his brother Kieran and has captain the Swans NEAFL side.
Yeah Brandon jack seems like a good pick up for freebe
I think there will be real consideration with Fagan about bringing in some experience, might not be from the hawks. But just looking from a hawks perspective Birchall and WhiteX seem potential candidates with Doc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back