Tigers - 2017 Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, there have been many times when I thought I'd never ever see this day.

47 years a fan, last 10 a member. Last flag when I was 16 years old.

Still in shock I must admit...but an awesome feeling.

Well done to players, staff, and especially all us long suffering fans.

So, so proud.
Yeah, I've been barracking for them for 45 years. Was at the 1980 Grannie as a 13 year old.

There was a lady on KBs show just then who has been barracking for them since 1942. Been to the last 7 Premierships. :eek:

We are premiers what could you possibly have to laugh at?

Keep living off the 90's team you had, you will end up with a longer drought then we had except we had the capacity to stay afloat.
Don't get me wrong, I like your band of oddballs. The wave of luck and results on the back of dusty and forcing error was 'good for football'.

Will be interesting to see if they tweak their structure/plan or stubbornly stick to what worked.

The Tigers were presented to their adoring fans today by Tiffany Cherry. As if they weren't already blessed enough. Sweet Jesus. Let me just think about that for a minute. Christ it's difficult to type one handed. OK, I'm done. Where was I? Oh yes. Richmond supporters scroll on, I'll give you a moment. No really. Tigers fans don't want to read this. Trust me. All gone? Good. Now, I'm of the opinion, and as Hutchy would say, 'this is just one person's opinion, it's neither right nor wrong', but I believe that the Tigers inherited all of the Bulldogs luck from last year, and upped the ante. The Cats game was line ball until Guthrie & Colojazny (sic) were incapacitated. Then Mumford & Cameron didn't turn up for the prelim. And yesterday Greenwood (calf), Kelly (hamstring), Cameron (calf) & Jenkins (ribs) were stuffed by half time. Plenty of teams would have achieved those three wins. Dare I say it, even the Magpies. Looks like we've reached a point where the healthiest team wins the flag. Put your best 22 on the park more often than anyone else, and it's all yours. If that's how it's gonna be, fine, but don't bother trying to predict next years premier. It could be anybody. I have a house plant that could be premier. I water it every day. Beautiful pink and blue flowers. It deserves a trophy. No, I'm not taking this well. I saw the Tigers beat the Eagles earlier this year at the G, and their fans still booed the umpires off after the game. Pretty low. Doesn't surprise me in the least that they set fire to an Adelaide car after the grand final. Then again, their unsavoury demeanour was probably sparked by the constant kicking they got from the press in 2016. What's the end goal for these journos? A riot? They nearly got one.

It must really hurt seeing a Richmond premiership.

Your pain is my pleasure. GOTIGES !

Adds to the legendary Richmond culture. So many emotion stirring happenings and extremes. Like finishing 9th or down the bottom, or making finals but getting smashed first week, to winning the whole thing from nowhere. There's no middle ground (ok technically 9th is as middle as you can, but being extreme motr is not)

The Tigers were presented to their adoring fans today by Tiffany Cherry. As if they weren't already blessed enough. Sweet Jesus. Let me just think about that for a minute. Christ it's difficult to type one handed. OK, I'm done. Where was I? Oh yes. Richmond supporters scroll on, I'll give you a moment. No really. Tigers fans don't want to read this. Trust me. All gone? Good. Now, I'm of the opinion, and as Hutchy would say, 'this is just one person's opinion, it's neither right nor wrong', but I believe that the Tigers inherited all of the Bulldogs luck from last year, and upped the ante. The Cats game was line ball until Guthrie & Colojazny (sic) were incapacitated. Then Mumford & Cameron didn't turn up for the prelim. And yesterday Greenwood (calf), Kelly (hamstring), Cameron (calf) & Jenkins (ribs) were stuffed by half time. Plenty of teams would have achieved those three wins. Dare I say it, even the Magpies. Looks like we've reached a point where the healthiest team wins the flag. Put your best 22 on the park more often than anyone else, and it's all yours. If that's how it's gonna be, fine, but don't bother trying to predict next years premier. It could be anybody. I have a house plant that could be premier. I water it every day. Beautiful pink and blue flowers. It deserves a trophy. No, I'm not taking this well. I saw the Tigers beat the Eagles earlier this year at the G, and their fans still booed the umpires off after the game. Pretty low. Doesn't surprise me in the least that they set fire to an Adelaide car after the grand final. Then again, their unsavoury demeanour was probably sparked by the constant kicking they got from the press in 2016. What's the end goal for these journos? A riot? They nearly got one.

Get off the Ice.

Hey can you tigers fans make some more threads about who didn't rate you high enough, how good your team really is versus other historical teams and I keep forgetting who won the flag so please be a little more regular with your reminders.

Don't get me wrong, I like your band of oddballs. The wave of luck and results on the back of dusty and forcing error was 'good for football'.

Will be interesting to see if they tweak their structure/plan or stubbornly stick to what worked.

You mean our premership winning oddballs, the same ones who beat you quiet easily this year, those odd balls ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images (16).jpg

please this is an insult to Cotchin.

Buckley is too obsessed with himself to ever truly understand the word TEAM.

Cotchin is a premiership captain, have some respect.
Also is Nick Maxwell, the butt of all jokes in the football community

Buckley's one of the greatest captains and midfielders of all time. Anybody who watched him will agree.

We have the best midfield and defence in the league now imo. Lambert is the most improved player in the league. Graham will be a gun and Cotchin and Martin are stars. Prestia, Nankervis and Caddy are excellent pick ups. Grigg and Edwards are very solid. Rich, Port and Syd were the best 3 defences after 22 games. All three played in the first week of finals and we overtook Port to be second best. We overtook Sydney after both had played 23 games. I can also feel a talented tall forward might be coming to tigerland. Bolton will be an excitement machine next year too. An amazing year and a powerful finals series by us this year. We are one well drilled machine :)

Hey can you tigers fans make some more threads about who didn't rate you high enough, how good your team really is versus other historical teams and I keep forgetting who won the flag so please be a little more regular with your reminders.

Attachments

• IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 5
Never thought I would ever witness a tiger premiership. Dreams do come true. 36 years of age and hopefully I can witness many more. Thanks for the year Richmond. :)
Just turned 37 Monday last week, I was 2 days old when we won in 1980, and I was lucky enough to be at the game on Saturday and experience my first true flag as a tiger diehard!! Much pain washed away in one fell swoop!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back