What do members get if their team wins the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think it's a privilege to support a great little club, and they work to make me happy.
It's probably the area I dont quibble over pennies, as long as I have the money. I spend a lot more money travelling to games than I give them directly anyway.

The only expectation I have is they do their best to win a flag.

Watching your team win the flag is reward enough.

I believe that is a rort by clubs as a business and people are somewhat scammed and delusional. Your hard earnt has gone to them, you get to watch but you're not involved. You can watch them win without paying and not getting return on your investment.

I believe that is a rort by clubs as a business and people are somewhat scammed and delusional. Your hard earnt has gone to them, you get to watch but you're not involved. You can watch them win without paying and not getting return on your investment.
Then don't buy a membership

TBH, a small something (say a coin or something?) isn't the worst idea ever. A little something tangible for a premiership year, reckon a lot of people would really like it.
A medal with the club logo on one side and a Latin phrase inscribed on the other: Hic ergo eram in conspectu bandwagon*

*I was here before the bandwagon

Exactly why I joined Port as a member. I'm getting something back by being able to watch football live which is all I want. Plus I hate the Crows and like Port anyway

Don't get that with my actual club so I'll never join them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nothing more than emotional blackmail

It's the biggest scam in world sport.

At least in the US they call it for what it is - a season pass.

This whole 'be a part of it' thing is so funny to watch.

The only thing you're a part of is helping to pay the inflated wages of people employed by the business at the time.

TBH, a small something (say a coin or something?) isn't the worst idea ever. A little something tangible for a premiership year, reckon a lot of people would really like it.

That's a really good idea. I've still got my membership cards from the premiership years in my wallet (which will go when I finally clean out my wallet), but something to put on display on the mantelpiece or in the pool room would appeal to a lot, and be a nice way of clubs acknowledging the support of members in a tangible way.

Pretty sure that as a Geelong member, we get to vote on board elections and other club matters that requires consultation with the members. These kind of things are rare though, but at least we get an influence on the club.

If the team wins the flag? Signed Memorabilia? Invite to celebrations? Nothing? And if nothing, why not reward them? Companies pay shareholders dividends, especially when results are good.

You want a club to spend 200K to send out a token worth about $0.01 just so you feel special about being a member/share holder? As a shareholder you would be pissed that the company has just spent 200k to get $0 return.

You want a club to spend 200K to send out a token worth about $0.01 just so you feel special about being a member/share holder? As a shareholder you would be pissed that the company has just spent 200k to get $0 return.

Send it out with the next years membership package (just to those who were members the previous year). Would cost 2 tenths of bugger all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back