Who is Playing for their Career in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

How cut up are you when players are delisted each year for not being at AFL standard? Of course there is going to be some criticism of players on a thread of this nature, but is it really worse than actually firing people?

I am devastated that Clayton and Close and others
What planet are you living on? How many players out of contract would not be fearing being delisted? How many clubs fans wouldn't discuss who is likely to be delisted?

Best way for your name not to come up would be to play decent footy.
omgggggggggggggg we r taliking 2018...........give them a chance

What planet are you living on? How many players out of contract would not be fearing being delisted? How many clubs fans wouldn't discuss who is likely to be delisted?

Best way for your name not to come up would be to play decent footy.
we r not Carlton or Collingwood lol...why stoop to their depths

I am devastated that Clayton and Close and others

omgggggggggggggg we r taliking 2018...........give them a chance

You realise we're not actually delisting them?

The title makes it pretty clear what's being discussed. There are a handful of players who need to step it up to keep their spot on the list.

They are currently contracted. They have every opportunity possible to retain their spot on the list.

You are missing the point Mr Moderator......there is a team excited about their development...big name recruits....and we have the audacity of in 2017 picking the likely ones to be delisted in 2018. Put yourself in the shoes of the players who have lots of idle time on their side...........naturally they would probably read this site and to imagine in the future to see their names to be delisted next year omggggggggggg......sure it may be a trigger to make them try harder but it also a warning to those youngsters........will my name come up next year?....I want out of here. I am very sad that players are delisted........their dreams ended.
Whilst of kind of agree.
Every other footy clubs big footy boards would have similar threads and are probably more nasty than we have been here.
I really dont think that if they were likely to be reading these threads that it would make them want to leave.
Because they would all know that they need to improve in certain areas to keep their spot and would have been told as much at their end of year reviews.
Unfortunately that is the cut throat industry of Afl football.

You realise we're not actually delisting them?

The title makes it pretty clear what's being discussed. There are a handful of players who need to step it up to keep their spot on the list.

They are currently contracted. They have every opportunity possible to retain their spot on the list.
Sure I understand but what u dont understand is the negative impact if the players read this from our so called loyal supporters. Y the Fxxx are we discussing this in 2017 Mr Jackess?

Whilst of kind of agree.
Every other footy clubs big footy boards would have similar threads and are probably more nasty than we have been here.
I really dont think that if they were likely to be reading these threads that it would make them want to leave.
Because they would all know that they need to improve in certain areas to keep their spot and would have been told as much at their end of year reviews.
Unfortunately that is the cut throat industry of Afl football.
I would hate to be different to the others!

I am relatively new...only 4 months here but I hate to think what was being printed around the time of the gh5...lets lift our game.....get positive.

Sure I understand but what u dont understand is the negative impact if the players read this from our so called loyal supporters. Y the Fxxx are we discussing this in 2017 Mr Jackess?
I think you're ascribing too much importance to the incoherent ramblings of internet nobodies.

1. There's far worse things to read
2. I doubt they have a huge amount of respect for our footy knowledge
3. I'm sure those discussed are aware that they are under the pump
4. There is another thread about who will have a breakout year so it's not solely negative

I think you're ascribing too much importance to the incoherent ramblings of internet nobodies.
As i said before........it is common knowledge that players have too much spare time so of course they are going to read their clubs bf site......and to read such trite cant be good.

1. There's far worse things to read
2. I doubt they have a huge amount of respect for our footy knowledge
3. I'm sure those discussed are aware that they are under the pump
4. There is another thread about who will have a breakout year so it's not solely negative
If your just in this case say Mr Hinge who nobody seems to know much about except for his left foot then suddenly he reads he is for the chop in 2018........wtx..do expect him to experience in a foreign state away from his family?

If your just in this case say Mr Hinge who nobody seems to know much about except for his left foot then suddenly he reads he is for the chop in 2018........wtx..do expect him to experience in a foreign state away from his family?

He's a a second year rookie on a one year contract. Anybody who follows footy would know that chances are he won't make it.

I'd hope he wasn't sitting back thinking that this was another development with no chance of repercussion if he doesn't perform to a high enough standard.

If he went on a website and read dozens of people saying he's going to be a gun I'd think he'd probably dismiss that. We're not dealing with children. They know the nature of the business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a a second year rookie on a one year contract. Anybody who follows footy would know that chances are he won't make it.

I'd hope he wasn't sitting back thinking that this was another development with no chance of repercussion if he doesn't perform to a high enough standard.

If he went on a website and read dozens of people saying he's going to be a gun I'd think he'd probably dismiss that. We're not dealing with children. They know the nature of the business.
omgggggggggggggggggggggggg

NRobbo, Keays and Matho aren't uncontracted IIRC but if they fall behind too many youngsters it might be tough to come back.

I think signaling those three out is even more premature than this thread.

NRobbo just signed a new contract after a breakout season and the other two have only been on the list two years and aleadt have 24 and 26 games under their belts. Should they be top 5 best and fairest already? Pushing for AA selection even? Cox didnt play all that many games this year. Is he playing for his career next year as well? What about Cutler? Allison? Lyons? Smith?

A little patience please.

I think signaling those three out is even more premature than this thread.

NRobbo just signed a new contract after a breakout season and the other two have only been on the list two years and aleadt have 24 and 26 games under their belts. Should they be top 5 best and fairest already? Pushing for AA selection even? Cox didnt play all that many games this year. Is he playing for his career next year as well? What about Cutler? Allison? Lyons? Smith?

A little patience please.
Thank you....lets lift a bit of pressure off these boys so they can enjoy being a LION

You are missing the point Mr Moderator......there is a team excited about their development...big name recruits....and we have the audacity of in 2017 picking the likely ones to be delisted in 2018. Put yourself in the shoes of the players who have lots of idle time on their side...........naturally they would probably read this site and to imagine in the future to see their names to be delisted next year omggggggggggg......sure it may be a trigger to make them try harder but it also a warning to those youngsters........will my name come up next year?....I want out of here. I am very sad that players are delisted........their dreams ended.

You are a very strange person.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

well i am glad I am strange rather than being normal n subscribing to this negative thread
Pretty sure you're fully subscribed to this thread. :D

upload_2017-11-6_20-15-49.png

I am going to assume you are rather new to internet forums.
Ok I have a lot invested in the lions I have been going to see them play since 1966 at the Brunswick Oval but this negativity is just against everything I stand for....... we have all seen the lions and bears die once....this thread is against the grain and unfair to our playing group.

Ok I have a lot invested in the lions I have been going to see them play since 1966 at the Brunswick Oval but this negativity is just against everything I stand for....... we have all seen the lions and bears die once....this thread is against the grain and unfair to our playing group.
Sounds like you're advocating censorship.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back