Scape Goat TRTT Part 5: A Good Day to Ken Hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To stop the nagging I have an olymic policy, I have agreed to do every fourth 'do'.

Reasonable noboy keeps count, so I can cheat a little :).

I try to get away with "making an appearance" and bailing after a few minutes. Seems to work most of the time.

Horses are majestic creatures but after spending half my childhood at various TABs across metro Adelaide watching my mad-punting old man run around like a dickhead to place bets, horse racing can GAGF until the end of time...

Bet you have some funny anecdotes from the TAB though.

Horses are majestic creatures but after spending half my childhood at various TABs across metro Adelaide watching my mad-punting old man run around like a dickhead to place bets, horse racing can GAGF until the end of time...
A tax on the stupid and the desperate, just like pokies.

I am not suggesting a ban by the way, just some honesty in advertising.

Sounds like we had a similar upbringing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no. One thing that has always bugged me about T2 is something that often goes completely unnoticed: if you go in cold, you don't know who's the good guy and who's the bad guy until the hallway shootout where John, Arnie and the T-1000 share the scene for the first time. A good 30 minutes in?

But unfortunately, even back in 1991, no one actually went in cold, because "Arnie is the good guy now" was so central to the way the film was marketed. Even as a 10 year old I remember being bugged by that.

A few things about T2 that s**t me:

1) The opening scene. This is a gotdamn Terminator. Pre-"you can't kill anyone ok lol" directive. Essentially the 1984 Terminator: amoral killing machine that does not hesitate to turn anyone in its way, let alone who it perceives to be a threat, into a grease spot. But nah all those bikers live to tell the tale, let alone Mr. "I can't let you take the man's wheels son" who points a freaking shotty in his face.

2) John 'Bart Simpson' Connor.

Almost gets those two gym guys who come to his aid in the carpark killed and at a minimum they leave injured and traumatised, "did you just call moi a d¡pshit?". What? A minute ago you were squealing like a little bitch at the hands of leather daddy in a darkened lot while we were minding our own business getting a carton of ale.

Treats his foster parents like garbage even though they've got him a dog, clothes that are on trend, a trailbike and a primitive laptop that can hack ATM's somehow. "These strangers who have taken me in and showered me with opportunity are bad because idk Todd smokes, has a few beers and is sick of my obvious s**t?"

3) The bit at the end where Bob Patrick tortures Sarah Connor, "call to John". FOR THE ENTIRE FILM YOUR SHTICK HAS BEEN MIMICKING EVERYONE YOU COME INTO CONTACT WITH! Brutally kill her and take her place, just like every other time? Nah, spawn plot hole upon plot hole cause it will look cool I guess?

Everyone jacks it about that film but man.

A few things about T2 that s**t me:

1) The opening scene. This is a gotdamn Terminator. Pre-"you can't kill anyone ok lol" directive. Essentially the 1984 Terminator: amoral killing machine that does not hesitate to turn anyone in its way, let alone who it perceives to be a threat, into a grease spot. But nah all those bikers live to tell the tale, let alone Mr. "I can't let you take the man's wheels son" who points a freaking shotty in his face.

Not quiiiiiiiiite. He was still programmed by the adult John Connor on a pro-humanity mission. While he didn't receive an explicit "don't kill anyone" he probably did get a "don't be unnecessarily bloodthirsty" guideline.

I agree though, that first meeting with the punks (lol Bill Paxton) in T1 is unbeatable.

Treats his foster parents like garbage even though they've got him a dog, clothes that are on trend, a trailbike and a primitive laptop that can hack ATM's somehow. "These strangers who have taken me in and showered me with opportunity are bad because idk Todd smokes, has a few beers and is sick of my obvious s**t?"

Never fails to amuse me: John's mother Janelle is the dykey muscly chick Vasquez from Aliens.

Not quiiiiiiiiite. He was still programmed by the adult John Connor on a pro-humanity mission. While he didn't receive an explicit "don't kill anyone" he probably did get a "don't be unnecessarily bloodthirsty" guideline.

I'd be completely onboard with that line of logic if he didn't almost execute Muscle Beach by a Sip'n'Save without a second thought, perceived threat to JC - JC? omg he's the saviour I get it - notwithstanding.

I agree though, that first meeting with the punks (lol Bill Paxton) in T1 is unbeatable.

Never fails to amuse me: John's mother Janelle is the dykey muscly chick Vasquez from Aliens.

Is also the mum on Titanic who tucks her kids in like an aquatic Magda Goebbels. One of Cameron's favourites.

I'd be completely onboard with that line of logic if he didn't almost execute Muscle Beach by a Sip'n'Save without a second thought, perceived threat to JC - JC? omg he's the saviour I get it - notwithstanding.

And old mate with future knee problems operating the asylum boom gates - yeah, it ain't perfect.

Is also the mum on Titanic who tucks her kids in like an aquatic Magda Goebbels. One of Cameron's favourites.

And a chambermaid in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Bet you have some funny anecdotes from the TAB though.

Oh, s**t yeah! Heaps. Lotsa colourful characters.

Like the 26yo skank glamour who became infatuated with my old man despite, or maybe because of, the 46 year age difference.

At the end, when Dad had pretty much completely lost his f@%king mind, he told Mum he had a red-hot affair with Angie, even though he'd been impotent for yonks.

"Dad," I enquired. "How'd you get it up?"
"Propped it up against a bit of stiff cardboard."

lmfao

Last edited:
Sounds like we had a similar upbringing...

Lol, I'll say this much - it put me off gambling, in all forms, for life.

Instead I just blow my money on Star Wars s**t.

Did I really need to buy The Force Awakens & The Last Jedi mugs and Star Wars drink bottle at Coles just then?

Nope.

Child actors should simply not exist. Best case a good movie gets a shitty annoying kid character like John Connor, worst case they get molested in large numbers by Hollywood shitheads. Yes I have thought this through. All child characters will only be heard from off screen, voiced by a muffled Nancy Cartwright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back