Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Scraped by the Suns at home today in a pretty poor performance, Nurk FG% is so poor for a C this year and Dame only going at 38%.
Dame and Nurk especially are not shooting well so far this year. Its been good to get some early wins with contributions from Pat, Turner, Davis and Aminu. Having said that, we will get reamed by the better teams if Nurk and Dame don't start being more effective. Dame im not worried about. Maybe the pressure of playing for the big contract is getting to Nurk.

Yeah we are simply no good, 8 games in and we have had a settled squad and no key injuries coupled with a generous schedule and we are only 4-4.
Griffin buzzer beater, todays OT loss and the non foul call against Bucks have really hurt us. Win 1-2 of those and we are far better placed at 5-3 or 6-2

Yes not closing out games when they're on the line. Only the Suns game last week where we got clear in the last 2 minutes. Still, that's why we're just a middle of the road side and nothing better.

I know we've had some disappointing losses but apart from one quarter vs the raps this team has shown it can compete. The losses this year are different to last year when it was infuriating to watch our matador defence. Great to see Dame completely outplay Westbrook and from reports he also got into him defensively. Nurk with 2 big games in a row.

The huge concern is when Dame goes to the bench, CJ and Turner are murdering the offense with over dribbling. And Turner, Harkless and Aminu are still brick layers. We just lack a wing that can cause the opposition any worries offensively whatsoever. For this reason I'd like to see Layman start over Harkless, he isn't shy to shoot and can knock down 3s. Mo's shot is still robotic and unless it's a transition dunk he's giving us FA offensively. Is Mo's defence that much of a difference maker?

I know we've had some disappointing losses but apart from one quarter vs the raps this team has shown it can compete. The losses this year are different to last year when it was infuriating to watch our matador defence. Great to see Dame completely outplay Westbrook and from reports he also got into him defensively. Nurk with 2 big games in a row.

The huge concern is when Dame goes to the bench, CJ and Turner are murdering the offense with over dribbling. And Turner, Harkless and Aminu are still brick layers. We just lack a wing that can cause the opposition any worries offensively whatsoever. For this reason I'd like to see Layman start over Harkless, he isn't shy to shoot and can knock down 3s. Mo's shot is still robotic and unless it's a transition dunk he's giving us FA offensively. Is Mo's defence that much of a difference maker?

Mo did shoot the 3 ball at 35% last year, I doubt that Layman would go at a much higher percentage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great way to spend a Saturday watching us s**t the bed against the nets. We just don’t have enough good consistent players. And can we stop bloody switching on screens

Ok we can safely say this team is bang average, forget the Nurk myth of late last season, we are 6-6 after playing 8 home games and haven't played any of GSW, Houston or Spurs yet.

Yeah very odd coaching to not put him at all in the 4th. What are people's thoughts on Stotts as a coach ?

Right now, not thinking very highly of him. Why does your opponent going small mean you have to automatically go small? If small was better, basketball would be very different. If they go small, at least try to win the mismatch before you play the game their way. Jesus.

And now Nurk is pissed.

I'm sort of in the middle regarding my thinking on Stotts, NO on the other hand I'd rather see the back of, we know Stotts likes building a game plan around shooters and we only have 2 on our roster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back