Opinion 2017 Draft Discussion - Pick 3 - Poll added

Who we are likely to take at Pick 3 .......

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm staggered that all the experts still have him as a clear number one. How come?
The only experts that count are the clubs' List Managers and if they weren't concerned about his endurance then they wouldn't have requested the AFL make him available for testing before the draft. Simple as that.

SOS loves guys who can:

Seriously run
Win their own footy
Make good decisions
Kick the ball well

IMHO this makes Hunter Clark a serious contender at pick 10.

For those ITK posters - which player best fits this criteria at pick 3??
Any of LDU, Cerra or the Powderpuff will get the job done.

Any of LDU, Dow or Cerra is a safe bet.

I feel like Coffield and Clark at 10 would be huge chances. I'm a massive fan of Coffield and I think SOS would be too.

LDU
Coffield

Yes please and thank you.

No. He is our number 1 choice.
#Bluemour ?

Opposition clubs will target him and torch him. They will run Rayner into the ground within the first 15 minutes. You can have all the footy IQ in the world and an arsenal of genuine weapons, but if you're too buggered to use them it all counts for nought. The amount of delusional people who continue to kid themselves that Rayner or Fogarty will be midfield anythings once they attempt to make the step up in class, I find absolutely staggering. Rayner will need 2 years at VFL level just to have enough gas to survive as a forward pocket at AFL level. There are no little 50m safety zones for Rayner to find safe harbour in at AFL level. Both you and I know this.
Honestly I think Fogarty has a lot more going for him, especially when you compare him to someone like Cripps. He runs just shy of a 13 beep, so there's a good chance with a clean run at things he can lose the puppy fat and get some more endurance into his game.

Even if he only improves in that aspect by 10-15% in an AFL system, that puts him in Pavlich territory IMO.

Any of LDU, Dow or Cerra is a safe bet.

I feel like Coffield and Clark at 10 would be huge chances. I'm a massive fan of Coffield and I think SOS would be too.

LDU
Coffield

Yes please and thank you.
Are we adding a wing defence line to fit him into the 18?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting the felling now that Dow will be our pick 3. Nothing more than from just reading in the media and various forums.

Thinking that depending on how things fall, 1 of fogarty, Higgins, obrien will be pick 10

Any of those with Dow would be a great outcome.

5 days to go and everyone's on their haunches and digging in behind their choice lol. Making their guy out to be the next Jezza and everyone elses choice to be the next Jimmy Toumpas.

Funny to watch(and participate in):)

This is why I don’t bother with highlights vids until after the draft

SOS loves guys who can:

Seriously run
Win their own footy
Make good decisions
Kick the ball well

IMHO this makes Hunter Clark a serious contender at pick 10.

For those ITK posters - which player best fits this criteria at pick 3??

Seriously run? As in above average speed and huge tank?

In order
Brayshaw
Cerra
Dow

I’ll be surprised if Rayner came to us
May well turn out the best player from the draft, but I for one think it would be a mistake to draft him.
It could easily be argued that forward firepower rivals our need for midfielders, but the likes of Papley
and the Richmond boys highlight the pressure angle. I don't see many genuine, confirmed midfielders
around pick 10, so the option is not there to draft a "no risk" guaranteed mid with our second.

If we draft a "lazy" forward/mid with X factor, how is our balance effected. Likely very dramatically.
Casboult/McKay, Charlie Curnow and JSOS is tall enough, and has question marks as a combination.
They virtually demand the presence of 3 highly defensively focussed, quick and agile players to offset
their combination.

Adding Rayner as a forward only (initially) would further complicate the mix, he is use to being "da man".
It is incredibly hard for an individual "blessed" with natural ability as a junior, and not requiring a huge
work ethic to thrive, to suddenly flick a switch and do the hard yards. How many here have thought about
our ability to pressure and retain/get repeat possession. I don't see the dynamic working without some
serious tweaking.

Cerra or Dow, I favour the former, but either of them please.

Back