AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

DQU0xZPUMAA5Bj-.jpg

DQU0xZLUMAA4dVE.jpg

Still can't believe it. What the *.

he was an ok size before and as well can see hes trimmed up a bit....i wasnt his size that made him a bull...its his aggressive attitude that wins in that area...same as dusty...hes not massive at all...but he has guts and confidence and is aggressive in a football way

95 kegs for a 6'2 mid is not massive?

It's one of those bizarre things where you go 's**t I'd love to get him to Essendon' in like 2014, and then he becomes a gun and wins a flag and you think the horse has bolted and then we somehow bloody well go and get him, still in his complete athletic prime. And he looks brilliant in the sash to boot.

As far as unlikely goes I'd put it on par with Buddy to Sydney.

It's one of those bizarre things where you go 's**t I'd love to get him to Essendon' in like 2014, and then he becomes a gun and wins a flag and you think the horse has bolted and then we somehow bloody well go and get him, still in his complete athletic prime. And he looks brilliant in the sash to boot.

Best part is we under paid on the trade and probably on the contract, Absolute result.

Was the same with Devon Smith always thought "would love him at Essendon" when I watched the Giants play and now he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a few people around here back then saying how they wanted Jake at Essendon, even after 2015 there were a few who suggested it although it never looked likely.

not really for 6,2...its average....105/110 is massive for 6,2
You're kidding, right? There are only 3 blokes who are 192/100 in the league, Lynden Dunn, Heath Grundy and Steven May. It's well above average

not really for 6,2...its average....105/110 is massive for 6,2

If he was 110 he wouldn't be close to if not the fastest player over 20 metres on our list, what you're saying is absurd

There were a few people around here back then saying how they wanted Jake at Essendon, even after 2015 there were a few who suggested it although it never looked likely.

That's my point, it was a pipe dream and then it just happened. And not when he's 30 and well past it either, he's still got 10 years left in him

If he was 110 he wouldn't be close to if not the fastest player over 20 metres on our list, what you're saying is absurd

The only guy I can think of that played midfield approaching that size was Pavlich.

Buddy (included because he has the runningp ower of a mid) and Goodes are much bigger guys. Buddy may get to 105kgs at 2m but I doubt Goodes played at 100kgs.

There are a few 90-95kilo mids but that seems to be the absolute limit. Not sure that Petracca, Dusty, ect could get around the ground carrying an extra 10-15kgs.

I'm not even sure rugby players who are not forwards would be that heavy at 6'2.

The only guy I can think of that played midfield approaching that size was Pavlich.

Buddy (included because he has the runningp ower of a mid) and Goodes are much bigger guys. Buddy may get to 105kgs at 2m but I doubt Goodes played at 100kgs.

There are a few 90-95kilo mids but that seems to be the absolute limit. Not sure that Petracca, Dusty, ect could get around the ground carrying an extra 10-15kgs.

I'm not even sure rugby players who are not forwards would be that heavy at 6'2.

Folau and Inglis (2 blokes who are the same caliber of explosive) are both listed at 102 and 105 respectively.

Take into account the fact that Stringer will be expected to do something like 12 kilometres in a game and him not being someone noted for his running and the idea that we need to 'bulk him up' becomes even more absurd.

He's already strong enough to throw blokes off, we need to keep him cut enough and lean enough so he can still take the pill and run off with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back