Training Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this isn’t the Disco here but there are lots of shots of inside Moorabbin and outside on the ground with the old stand still proudly standing . Also an early shot of Peckett and one of the Waklein twins . Here is TISM with Greg ! The Stop Sign .
BT....what an absolute cracker of a clip............we should have signed up those 6 ninjas.....we could have won a few more games...lol.

Do you know when the clip was made?

Moorabbin looks awesome in the clip....thanks for posting.

BT....what an absolute cracker of a clip............we should have signed up those 6 ninjas.....we could have won a few more games...lol.

Greg! The Stop Sign!! was recorded by TISM in mid 1995 and the video would have been made around that time.

Paddy & Hugh as our hope for key forward roles.... god help us.

That’s wing & a prayer stuff.

Let’s just get them fit enough to play regular footy even just for Sandringham before we make calls like that
im talking about the long term prospects here dood, how about you chill out, I come to this forum to muse on footy possibilities not argue over the spud level of our players

im talking about the long term prospects here dood, how about you chill out, I come to this forum to muse on footy possibilities not argue over the spud level of our players
While we’re at it then. Can’t wait to see Nathan Freeman become a 250 game dual All Australian wingman & premiership player. I know he’s had a bad run with injuries but the kid can play (even though after 4 years he’s still yet to play even 1 nanosecond at AFL level), im very optimistic. Can’t wait to see him get out there & carve it up. Bloke will be a superstar

Great clip (I think I was the bloke at the end of the house!!!) but it looks like the club needed a better signwriter.

"Your a professional" - ahh perhaps not!!!!

While we’re at it then. Can’t wait to see Nathan Freeman become a 250 game dual All Australian wingman & premiership player. I know he’s had a bad run with injuries but the kid can play (even though after 4 years he’s still yet to play even 1 nanosecond at AFL level), im very optimistic. Can’t wait to see him get out there & carve it up. Bloke will be a superstar
man ur cooked, if you equate that to me saying hugh could play chf one day.. fk me. I can't believe i project that ONE DAY our pick 20 196cm swingman who was touted to go number 1 early in the draft could possibly, ever play centre half forward for our club. you're all over the shop

hugh could play chf the same way roma could, the same way connellan could play forward flank, im not saying he will or let's chuck him in there, merely with his attributes he could fill that role. I didn't even say he'd be any good.

what the hell is the point of this forum if that kinda stuff is immediately met with, 'yeah and freeman's gonna be GOAT' crap. what an enjoyable experience this is.

bigfooty blows

Last edited:
Paddy & Hugh as our hope for key forward roles.... god help us.

That’s wing & a prayer stuff.

Let’s just get them fit enough to play regular footy even just for Sandringham before we make calls like that

Meanwhile i'm feeling quietly secure knowing we have Marshall and Battle there.
Am i the only one who thinks there is tonnes of potential in a Membrey, Marshall, Bruce forward line?

Am i the only one who thinks there is tonnes of potential in a Membrey, Marshall, Bruce forward line?
I do. That’s the beauty of our list. We’ve got a great balance & a lot of options going forward. There also appears to be a lot of coverage for those that have had a rough run with injury - Goddard: we have Marshall*, Austin & Clavarino. Freeman: we now have Paton & Langlands. Paddy: we have Battle & Marshall*

2 classy top 10 mids as well. I’m looking forward to 2018, but not getting too far ahead of myself with optimism (as I’ve said previously) as the lack of class in our more senior crew is our Achilles heel

You'd better ask Rors before you get excited.
Settle down. I just want to see the blokes who’ve had bad injury runs get on the park for starters before I start having an opinion on what position they will play in the senior team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Settle down. I just want to see the blokes who’ve had bad injury runs get on the park for starters before I start having an opinion on what position they will play in the senior team
lol. you'd be a great list manager.. 'sure, he's 205 cm and played ruck his entire junior career, but he's pulled a hammy so let's wait till he gets through rehab before we speculate on his position!!'

Great clip (I think I was the bloke at the end of the house!!!) but it looks like the club needed a better signwriter.
So you were in the clip pebbles.......I'll say it again....an awesome clip.

Anyways, if people don’t like their opinion challenged & get all precious about it, then I’m done for a while. Will catch you all back when the season starts

I’m ‘getting f*****’.... You should all be so happy

Catch ya peeps :)
Sounds like you don't like being challenged either.
Logging off for a while? That's precious

No your not , I see Bruce as one player who does not get any plaudits , the guy could easily come out next year and absolutely kill it.
The guy left alone in one position and not being double teamed could have a huge impact on the score board , this year god knows how many marks he dropped and goals he missed , however if you look stat wise it was comparable to his past 2 years with us.
Year - 2017 - Games played - 20 - Kicks - 143 - handballs - 94 - marks - 104 - total disposals 237
Year - 2016 - Games played - 22 - Kicks - 127 - handballs - 106 - marks - 100 - total disposals 233
Year - 2015 - Games played - 22 - Kicks - 165 - handballs - 75 - marks - 110 - total disposals 240

This year he played 2 games less and has just about the same stats, however the guy has been double team a lot when playing in the forward line .

I would love to see the stat for dropped marks because this year he just about dropped more than he held.

imagine if he held them / we would be raving about the guy

So if we go with the 3 talls in the forward line - Membery - Bruce and one of McCartin / Battle / Marshall / Hickey - we will have 3 good marking targets which opens our forward line up and hopefully more scoring.
Everything is looking great atm , with Billings , Weller looking great in preseason and Gresham to comeback soon our forward line will have more sting than any other team.
I'm expecting a good year from Bruce and he should top our goal kicking with well above 60 goals - the guy is a great mark and is a athlete and for such a big guy is not a bad kick, although his kicking this year was not too good - but the whole team kicked badly / hopefully Ben Dixon can improve the teams kicking this year .

Any news on Armitage , Freeman , McKenzie , Goddard , Long , Battle , Marshall and Phillips would be great during preseason.
Because I'm kind of hoping some of these guys can push for selection this year.
and thks guys for posting the training photos , its good to see the guys are looking so fit already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back