Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hour lunch, big waste of the day. I try to get in early and do the 8am to 12, 30min lunch, 12.30 till 4, then outta here....

I just take as many shits as humanly possible during the day, literally shitposting.

Same here. I try to do a 7-3, much less traffic too, and frees up the afternoon.

Most weeks I do a 6am-2pm, bloody love it especially having half the afternoon to myself.

The first 3 hours of work are easily the most productive and then it’s all downhill from there with constant interruptions and general bullshit.

I wouldn't rate Judd's judgement of what makes a good list.

He did go to Carlton.
I don't know, he already had a brownlow, a norm smith and a premiership medal and 3 All Oz selections by the time he was 23, had already achieved everything he had dreamt of, so he then sets himself up for life with the then 2nd or 3rd wealthiest Australian. Didn't have to worry about Eddie being up his backside for decades. Smart operator if you ask me.

Immediate thought...HTFU.

They already play a short season compared to other major sports world wide.

Maybe I should ask for 6hr days at work ffs.
I'd say sure you can have a 20% discount on game time so long as you take a 20% discount on pay so that we can pass the 20% diacount onto the fans....

*crickets

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd say sure you can have a 20% discount on game time so long as you take a 20% discount on pay so that we can pass the 20% diacount onto the fans....

*crickets

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You don't actually have to reduce the 20 minutes per quarter of game time to reduce how long a game goes for. You reduce the bullshit time wasted. It is ridiculous that a quarter can go for 32 to 34 minutes when only 4 goals has been scored and no one has been taken off on a stretcher..

1. Reduce the 45 seconds between goal and ball up to 20 seconds. Tell Ch 7 they can only run 15 second ads and the AFL can make up for it elsewhere for them to get more content elsewhere and run ads elsewhere.

2. Score reviews are limited to 30 seconds. If you get all camera angles and you cant tell what has happened in that 30 seconds, you dont waste 2 minutes running it back and forward you go with the goal umpires call.

3. Boundary throw ins. You now have 4 boundary umpires so you now dont waste time for the ruckmen to run in from 50m away. The boundary umpire throws it in as soon as he gets there.

4. Ball up around the grounds. The fact there aren't any bounce downs is good because too much time was wasted by the umpire setting himself, shaking his arse, telling every one to get out of his way. But they still waste too much time setting themselves, having a conference as to who is going to nominate to go up in ruck. Just get in there quick smart and throw it up. Bad luck if there aren't any ruck around, dont need to nominate, just if the 3rd player goes up penalise him.

It was the 2009 game against North at Docklands that we lost 120 v 125 and North forced about 5 ball ups in a row and maybe 10 over about 4 or 5 minutes and the clock didn't stop when a ball up happened at stoppages. Dennis Cometti went on and on about how its wrong that time on isn't blown by the umpire. So next year the AFL change the rule and time on happens. It should go back to that. That might save 10 minutes in a game given there are about 40-50 stoppages around the ground per game.

5. Quarter time breaks - 3 minutes at qtr time, 12 at half and 5 minutes at 3/4 gtr time.

6. Tell the umpires to shut up and not lecture the players on what to do when time on is called. Sure if a fight or push and shove starts but this talking to the players like they are 10 year olds is unnecessary.

I'm sure I have missed other things, but an 80 minute game that starts at 2.10 should be done and dusted by 4.20-4.30 not 4.50-4.55.

6. Tell the umpires to shut up and not lecture the players on what to do when time on is called. Sure if a fight or push and shove starts but this talking to the players like they are 10 year olds is unnecessary.
No kidding. Drives me mad how they insert themselves into the action as tho' they think it's their role. The power of discretion they've
been handed is an outrage. Was it a mark or OOB's deliberate, a kick long enough to not call play-on or video review blah blah blah.
To make matters even worse, the theatrics of exaggerated hand gestures or the pregnant pause before an often crucial decision
that's based solely on their opinion. Their performances being deemed beyond critical comment only adds to my loathing for the gutless
cheats they often are.
If it's at all possible the umps are worse re us in the sanfl.

4. Ball up around the grounds. The fact there aren't any bounce downs is good because too much time was wasted by the umpire setting himself, shaking his arse, telling every one to get out of his way. But they still waste too much time setting themselves, having a conference as to who is going to nominate to go up in ruck. Just get in there quick smart and throw it up. Bad luck if there aren't any ruck around, dont need to nominate, just if the 3rd player goes up penalise him.

One of the things you notice most when going back and watching old games is how quickly the umpires used to bounce the ball/throw the ball up around the grounds. They'd just grab it and play would resume almost instantly. Nowadays you've nearly got time to make a cup of coffee before the play restarts.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/eagle-intent-4m-pitch-for-jeremy-mcgovern-20180201-h0s74q.html

Eagle intent: $4m pitch for Jeremy McGovern

West Coast have struck early in their bid to retain all-Australian key defender Jeremy McGovern, offering the free agent a five-year deal worth close to $4 million.

The Eagles recently made the long-term offer of about $800,000 a year over five years to McGovern's management, in a strong initial bid to keep the two-time all-Australian.

In making such a significant offer well before the start of the season, the Eagles have recognised McGovern's market worth and the certainty that rival clubs would come with huge offers if his current team was low-balling him.

West Coast is taking a similar approach to Richmond's handling of Dustin Martin in 2017, when the superstar midfielder was a free agent and the Tigers opened up with a long-term offer of more than $800,000 a season. It was a move that signalled to the Martin camp that they were not making ambit claims. Martin eventually signed a seven-year deal worth $1.1 million to $1.2 million per season, as his value escalated during his Brownlow-winning season.

Victorian clubs, too, will have an interest in McGovern, who is one of the top few free agents potentially available in 2018, along with Gold Coast's outstanding key forward Tom Lynch and Adelaide midfield gun Rory Sloane.

I think by "sales" he actually means "bullshit", bullshitting your way up the ladder is well proven ;)
Yeah I used the word extremely ambiguously there. My bad Jason K

By sales I mean a few things, ability to convince others your solution is best, ability to convince others you have done a great job (this is where a lot of the bullshit comes in) ability to convince others to hire or promote you. Essentially the “product” you are selling can be your work, yourself as an employee, manager or boss, or the ultimate which is pay my company to help you.

One reason this is the case so often IMO is because it’s easy to judge who you trust and want to believe more, and much more difficult to judge the actual solutions or ideas they are “selling” you. Often work involves a lot of moving parts and so the person with the greatest knowledge of the situation isn’t a manager, customer or boss, but rather the people doing the work itself. Obviously scientific method can bypass this, but people are very rarely that invested in a decision to make that effort.

Actual PM sent from a Crows supporter to Belinda Sloane, wow....

5AXSpuEfn-dBCqoDtq60qizQ_wlbZusUX5uCpXbT7Rs.png

(pretty sure there's meant to be a comma between "belinda" and "sloane")

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smirking.gif

But they clapped Judd off the ground when he did his knee. "Best fans in the league".

That must be the reason they're all wishing a ruptured ACL on Lever. They want to clap him off....

Chortle

But they clapped Judd off the ground when he did his knee. "Best fans in the league".

That must be the reason they're all wishing a ruptured ACL on Lever. They want to clap him off....
They also apparently clapped Jay Schulz off when he suffered that eye injury in 2012 :rolleyes:

I once got in a slap fight on Reddit with a Crowbot about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back