North Melbourne have Self-Reported

Remove this Banner Ad

It’ll be interesting to see what the AFL do here. I have no doubt like the report states other clubs are doing it

I think it states other clubs were also guilty of it in the past, not sure if anyone else did it during the last draft.

I am not sure where the confusion is, the rule is pretty clear, the only thing that might have caused confusion is if the rule has changed and it was poorly communicated to the clubs.

The list manager should get a black mark for not abiding with the drafting rules. Even if the breach and penalty is minor, it is your job to ensure list management is done within the rules.

If i were from a Victorian Club i would be holding fire. Complaints were made by a couple of the interstate teams with the largest interstate recruiting teams. Nothing happened.

The CEO of one of these two clubs threatened the AFL with reporting it to their state based newspaper. (in regards to collingwood)

AFL investigates collingwood, collingwood get a minor fine. AFL understands it's not just collingwood who have been doing the wrong thing, a threatening memo heads out to all teams and in particular Victorian based teams.

North self reports. In being a small club they don't want to be a scapegoat, they can't afford to be a scapegoat and with the fine already handed out to collingwood they will likely end up with a similar result.

Expect a lot more from this story if and when other clubs get found out or more particularly if anyone gets caught doing it in the lead up to this years AFL and in particular rookie drafts.

I think it states other clubs were also guilty of it in the past, not sure if anyone else did it during the last draft.

I am not sure where the confusion is, the rule is pretty clear, the only thing that might have caused confusion is if the rule has changed and it was poorly communicated to the clubs.

The list manager should get a black mark for not abiding with the drafting rules. Even if the breach and penalty is minor, it is your job to ensure list management is done within the rules.

Yeah mate I agree, the rules are the rules. I just get a bit cynical when AFL picks and chooses its integrity stance. Lets see what happens with north, if the book is thrown at them as warning to others.

If i were from a Victorian Club i would be holding fire. Complaints were made by a couple of the interstate teams with the largest interstate recruiting teams. Nothing happened.

The CEO of one of these two clubs threatened the AFL with reporting it to their state based newspaper. (in regards to collingwood)

AFL investigates collingwood, collingwood get a minor fine. AFL understands it's not just collingwood who have been doing the wrong thing, a threatening memo heads out to all teams and in particular Victorian based teams.

North self reports. In being a small club they don't want to be a scapegoat, they can't afford to be a scapegoat and with the fine already handed out to collingwood they will likely end up with a similar result.

Expect a lot more from this story if and when other clubs get found out or more particularly if anyone gets caught doing it in the lead up to this years AFL and in particular rookie drafts.

I understand the desire to prevent draft tampering, clubs should operate within the rules. I just feel for the kids who are not stand-out AFL talent who are being denied every opportunity to fight for a career in football just because they were invited to a combine.

Yeah mate I agree, the rules are the rules. I just get a bit cynical when AFL picks and chooses its integrity stance. Lets see what happens with north, if the book is thrown at them as warning to others.

I just hope my club refrains from making any comments, the last time the gestapo unit was deployed re a non-concussion issue and we bitched about how long it was taking and that it was interfering with preparations for finals, we received a bigger penalty for not breaking the concussion rule than clubs received for putting concussed players back out on the field.

I just hope my club refrains from making any comments, the last time the gestapo unit was deployed re a non-concussion issue and we bitched about how long it was taking and that it was interfering with preparations for finals, we received a bigger penalty for not breaking the concussion rule than clubs received for putting concussed players back out on the field.

Exhibit A right there, lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ll cop massive penalties.
If it was something less serious, such as a systematic doping regime, then they’d have nothing to worry about

Too small for the AFL to attempt to sweep under the rug?

That's a big deal for north

One step ahead of you guys, you wouldn't have even been able to read the letter from AFL House.

Sadly your call is a joke mine was actually true.

Your post is definitive proof that poor literacy skills are the norm at Collingwood.

They have all the cash from Dusty and Josh Kelly’s contracts. Both agreed to come to North then something something something turns out they weren’t going to North.

In other news, Nathan Hrovat is happy about his $3million bonus this yesr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back