Play Nice The 2018 "Clean Slate" Pledge

Remove this Banner Ad

Building on the relative success of the Clean Slate Pledge last year (see here), we are going to go around again. For those not familiar with the concept, here is the description from last year:

(There is)...a negative vibe that is making the board less enjoyable for many posters. That's not what we want. We want this board to be a diverse and vibrant mix of opinions and personalities. We want to see forthright posting, recognising that differences of opinion will occur, but people should generally get along and be amicable with one another.

It has been suggested that a good way forward would be to bury the hatchet, let bygones be bygones and to start with a clean slate for season 2017. It seems like a good start to me.

I can't force anyone to sign up for this, but for those that want to put their name to the pledge, it is a statement on the record that you want to contribute to discussion on the board to a particular standard.

So if you want to start 2017 on the Geelong Board with a clean slate, feel free to add your name to the below. If you do, expect that other posters can refer back to your pledge if you stray from the course.
So, if you're willing, have a go.

In posting on the Geelong BigFooty board in 2018 I pledge to:

- treat other posters with respect, regardless of our history of interaction
- respond to posts on the merit of the content or each post, not on the history of my interaction with the poster
- refrain from sinking to insults, put-downs, or applying labels to posters rather than addressing the content of posts, regardless of how much I disagree with the post/poster

Signed,

catempire
patience
dazbroncos
you pick one
Cataholic
Landgraft

NOTE: as in 2017, if you're not interested in being involved in this initiative, don't bother referring to it in your discussions elsewhere on the board. That is, if you're unwilling to pledge yourself to this standard, don't try to pull others up on it.

Last edited:

tenor.gif

Tigers flogs and Hawfies (assumed to all be flogs) are shoot on sight however. Not suffering those campaigners lightly this season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back