Unofficial Preview Round 1: Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else is optimistic but too scared to say they are in case it backfires?

I just feel we have had a great preparation while Port have a handful of their key players underdone.
Port are pretty good at the whole fitness thing but I feel the same way

Hopefully their new players don't mesh straight from the get go

M_rash : I have just realised that my post above about Port's style in JLT 2 was pretty similar to a post you had written only a little bit earlier .

Sorry about that! I hadn't read thru all the posts. Didn't mean to plagerise

Does anyone remember that opener in 2007? We had high hopes, then lost to Port at home. They were 5th last in 2006, then went to 2nd in 2007. I think Motlop kicked that arsy dribbler, Lade kicked a torpedo goal from about 120m out. Was just one of those days and I remember having a bad feeling that "it's only round 1, but our whole season is now doomed". I hope this is the reverse of that. Minus the 100 point GF loss.

May be.
I'm a lot more optimistic than most, tipping us for the 8 in one of the predictions threads.
I think our Rd 1 team is in a lot better shape than last year, with a 4 brand new faces and a fair amount of improvement from some of our existing younger players.
Haha all good! Was taking the Micky as I posted almost the exact same thing only a few posts before you did!

Well considering we lost to them by 90 odd points last season, i think if we get within 3-4 goals would mean we’re heading in the right direction.

Port by 20 points, obviously i hope I’m wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone remember that opener in 2007? We had high hopes, then lost to Port at home. They were 5th last in 2006, then went to 2nd in 2007. I think Motlop kicked that arsy dribbler, Lade kicked a torpedo goal from about 120m out. Was just one of those days and I remember having a bad feeling that "it's only round 1, but our whole season is now doomed". I hope this is the reverse of that. Minus the 100 point GF loss.

I remember we were 6 goals plus up in the 3rd quarter and thinking, this is why we're premiership favourites, then they kicked about 9 in a row.

I remember it all too well. We jumped them early and then they clawed their way back. I remember feeling horrid walking back to my car after that loss. The next week we lost to Essendon, then we lost the derby in round 3. We finally got a win by beating Adelaide by 1 point in round 4. With so much expectation, that was a very disappointing season. I also hope we have the reverse this year!

Normally I work the Sats in our shop, so I decided to swap it with a Wednesday my wife normally does! My wife sympathises - she understands it's a footy thing!

I was gonna record it, but I can't NOT watch it, I need to know - I feel utterly compelled to sit there in front of my idiot box and either experience the agony or the ecstasy either way!! I feel more nervous about this season than the previous 2 or even 3! We're not expected to do well and most 'outside pundits' have us ranked lowly again, which is fair enough given the drop off. But there's a feeling in the air with this squad and I love the energy the young recruits are giving off, I agree with another poster I don't think our depth is as shallow as it once was.

And goddammit, if I don't want to see it shoved down their throat! Hahaha.......I would love to see the Dockers finish in the top 8 no matter how unrealistic it might seem, to shock a few of them (maybe even us!). It's a big way to kick off our campaign. A very tough assignment. A test of mettle and fortitude.

It's gonna be fierce! But it's not beyond us.....less than a week to go. Is everybody reeady?!

If we can isolate tabener and Fyfe in the forward 50. Arguably the two best one on one players in our team. We have a big chance of winning. We should push ballantyne and walters up the ground and use there ability to push forward from higher up the ground and catch the port defense out.

Sadly going off the interview in the West with Ross it looks like Danyle is playing rnd 1..... so incredibly frustrating.

Having a read of that it really does highlight how much Ross loves his older role players. As long as they are on the list they'll keep getting chances.

If we can isolate tabener and Fyfe in the forward 50. Arguably the two best one on one players in our team. We have a big chance of winning. We should push ballantyne and walters up the ground and use there ability to push forward from higher up the ground and catch the port defense out.

The midfield is where we have to win it. The match-ups are fairly even in the mids, as Ryder plays well against Sandi.
Their forward line is the problem, if they get it down there quickly we are in for a world of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back