Unofficial Preview Round 1: Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can isolate tabener and Fyfe in the forward 50. Arguably the two best one on one players in our team. We have a big chance of winning. We should push ballantyne and walters up the ground and use there ability to push forward from higher up the ground and catch the port defense out.
Fyfe 50/50 mid/forward?

Long range weather forecast looks relatively clear. May support their plan to play a tall forward line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandilands was fit last year and IMO was beaten. First time in ages I thought he was beaten. Few frees against, got outpositioned and jumped all over. Ryder is one of his most difficult opponents because he doesn’t engage contact. Ryder usually jumps over the back of the ruckman and directs the tap from
The back position. An unusual technique.
I would've thought from memory that Sandi definitely has the upper hand in his battles with Ryder over the journey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why but I am strangely confident for this game. I don't rate Port much at all.
I think it is because they always completely over rate themselves. I don't get how adding more players that go missing when times get tough will make them more competitive against quality sides? They'll still smash a few bottom teams like last year though.

He can easily miss out and we still only debut 2 players though.

Agreed, surely we have other options without having to bleed debutants. Besides which, they could do no worse than D.Pearce at this stage in his career.....I'd rather go down fighting than seeing them capitulate because someone can't take the heat of the kitchen

View attachment 471632 Sandilands v Ryder last year who won the battle ? Sandilands had 13 more hit outs but Ryder is clearly better ? Lol
Whenever somebody is half competitive against Sandy it comes across as a win though, easily the most underrated ruck in the comp (and i know he's highly rated) but he just destroys EVERYONE he comes up against week after week (and not just for hitouts)

Whenever somebody is half competitive against Sandy it comes across as a win though, easily the most underrated ruck in the comp (and i know he's highly rated) but he just destroys EVERYONE he comes up against week after week (and not just for hitouts)
Compete I can deal with but beat? Sandi will show what he can do. I don’t need to stick up for him. His game this weekend will speak for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back