List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could we get if we traded out Lever?

We've taken a young, elite intercept defender and we're teaching him to be a key defender in a 22 week immersive accelerated learning course. Would think at least four first rounders.

I'd be pretty open to trading Brayshaw at this stage tbh.

I agree. I think if he was a stock his value is still high but IMO it's only going down the next few years and now would be the time to cash in.

As for Hogan that article is trash. Literally every player in the league is 'attainable' the year of their contract expiring.

Even worse is the McGovern bit, Kennedy will be almost retired by then and they've just shed Mitchell Priddis and will lose LeCras as well. He's a west aussie and no one will move between the 2 clubs. Absolute joke of an article.

As G2B said, we have three players on our list drafted between 05 (Jones/Vince) and 11 (Tyson). Jetta, Gawn, McDonald. Everyone else bar Lewis entered the system in 2012 or later. Bringing in a player like Gaff becomes pretty tempting when you look at stats like that.
Would froth anyone in the 150+ games category.

I agree. I think if he was a stock his value is still high but IMO it's only going down the next few years and now would be the time to cash in.

As for Hogan that article is trash. Literally every player in the league is 'attainable' the year of their contract expiring.

Even worse is the McGovern bit, Kennedy will be almost retired by then and they've just shed Mitchell Priddis and will lose LeCras as well. He's a west aussie and no one will move between the 2 clubs. Absolute joke of an article.

If Brayshaw is on the trade table at the end of the season, it'll be because he can't crack the side here. We'd be unlikely to get much for him given his injury history and where he'd be at after three years in the system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brayshaw is on the trade table at the end of the season, it'll be because he can't crack the side here. We'd be unlikely to get much for him given his injury history and where he'd be at after three years in the system.

Not advocating putting anyone on the trade table, I'm saying if one of the WA clubs is stupid enough to offer a first rounder at the end of the year I'd bite their hands off. Guys slower than treacle and I think it'll be a problem for him in the future

Not advocating putting anyone on the trade table, I'm saying if one of the WA clubs is stupid enough to offer a first rounder at the end of the year I'd bite their hands off. Guys slower than treacle and I think it'll be a problem for him in the future

I see it differently, I don't think he is that slow but since the head knock mid 2015 he has never looked comfortable with the pace of the game. His kicking action also has the ball taking a long time from hand to foot and he doesn't handle the ball as cleanly as I'd like. On the plus side he is good overhead and very hard at it, but I do still think he lacks a point of difference to his game.

I see it differently, I don't think he is that slow but since the head knock mid 2015 he has never looked comfortable with the pace of the game. His kicking action also has the ball taking a long time from hand to foot and he doesn't handle the ball as cleanly as I'd like. On the plus side he is good overhead and very hard at it, but I do still think he lacks a point of difference to his game.

I think he's the most fumbly of our midfielders yes. I did mean all around slow, slow decision making slow side step slow movement slow running etc. Just looks like he's playing the whole game slightly slower than everyone else.
Apart from being able to kick on his left I'm not sure I see his point of difference either

I think he's the most fumbly of our midfielders yes. I did mean all around slow, slow decision making slow side step slow movement slow running etc. Just looks like he's playing the whole game slightly slower than everyone else.
Apart from being able to kick on his left I'm not sure I see his point of difference either
hopefully he's just down on confidence, before his concussion issues he was super clean with his hands.

Brayshaw being judged way too harshly. His issues come down to confidence, he’s not had two years without walking like Trengove did. He needs at least a full season at peak fitness before we can judge him at AFL level going forward.

hopefully he's just down on confidence, before his concussion issues he was super clean with his hands.
I agree.
A lack of continuity in the senior side could be to blame for the fumbles and I think once settled in, if he can get a good run at it, he'll be fine.
Hard at it, got a great set of hands when marking overhead and is a good user.

Brayshaw being judged way too harshly. His issues come down to confidence, he’s not had two years without walking like Trengove did. He needs at least a full season at peak fitness before we can judge him at AFL level going forward.
Yeah he was also pretty good on the weekend, I thought. Especially in a pathetic team effort. He's allegedly had to relearn how to play the game in terms of leading for the ball, etc, so it'll take him a while to get into it.

Yeah he was also pretty good on the weekend, I thought. Especially in a pathetic team effort. He's allegedly had to relearn how to play the game in terms of leading for the ball, etc, so it'll take him a while to get into it.
You don’t just relearn the game though. He’s still leading with his head. Did it a couple of times on the weekend.

I'm not keen on trading Brayshaw, would rather keep him than trade him off for draft pick which could be risky as you never know with the draft. However those complaining about not having a first round selection for a few years, Brayshaw is the best option for getting back a first round selection particularly if this year really is the super draft.

I'm not keen on trading Brayshaw, would rather keep him than trade him off for draft pick which could be risky as you never know with the draft. However those complaining about not having a first round selection for a few years, Brayshaw is the best option for getting back a first round selection particularly if this year really is the super draft.
If you believe in the phrase ‘super draft’ the joke is already on you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back