Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly would play him on Dusty when we verse Richmond. I know it could be very dangerous, but Dusty has this disgusting habit of only running forward. Have you seen his “heat map”? He only runs forwards. I think Dusty needs to made accountable. De Goey is probably only a little bit weaker than Dusty, but probably a better overhead mark. Whoever plays on Dusty needs to run forward and kick goals.

that's a specific ploy by Richmond to have him as on offensive midfielder. they have others who are defensive midfielders. not all on ball players have to run both ways.

think Jordy at this stage would get taken to the cleaners against dusty. let him bully someone else on their team and gain confidence and run a hard tag on dusty. possibly brown if he can go with him?

I imagine we will allocate two guys to dusty due to his play time in forward half. I suspect maynard may get him when dusty is forward and any one of the current onballers to take him at stoppages.

I think crisp would be too weak 1 on 1 against dusty if isolated

Getting 10-20 possessions playing largely as a small-medium forward is a pretty good return.

JDG had 15 possessions, hit the scoreboard himself and was involved in the scoring of others, good tackle numbers, and had something in excess of 300 meters gained. Pretty satisfying effort 1st up in those conditions. Will only get better.
He was solid, and had a nearly game. A little bit of extra sharpness, which will hopefully occur through match practice, and he could have tore them to shreds. He just made a few crucial fumbles and at times seemed a bit uncertain about whether to take the tackler on or not and through uncertainty ended up doing little when he was in a good position. I think this is the year when he will genuinely stamp himself on the competition.

---

But I really hate people comparing him to Dusty (not your post specifically).

I don't think it's even a particularly good comparison. Degoey just doesn't have the burst speed of Dusty - which is one of his most dominant attributes. Therefore I don't think he should be trying to play like Dusty. I think it was CFC the other day that compared him to Ricciuto. I reckon that's a much more realistic player type.

I don't think it's even a particularly good comparison. Degoey just doesn't have the burst speed of Dusty - which is one of his most dominant attributes. Therefore I don't think he should be trying to play like Dusty. I think it was CFC the other day that compared him to Ricciuto. I reckon that's a much more realistic player type.

I had previously thought about Voss but it never quite fit. Roo is actually a great comparison - in both cases that bar is super high, so lets just keep looking for gradual improvement.

I'm getting a bit sick of this stain of a club targeting our players. Freeman, Brown and now JDG. I think they are still bitter about 2010/Ball. It was a long time ago now...

pi** off St.Kilda.

Collingwood seriously, De Goey needs to be a priority signing along with Moore and Grundy.

Grundy Re-Signed end of Last Season.

Doubt we see Moore or De Goey sign until 2nd Half of the Season at the Earliest

Hate to see him leave, but if you could land a top 5 pick in this draft you'd consider it.

Can only assume this leak has come from within the Pies though. A real "For Sale: Start preparing a better bid than St Kilda" for other clubs, or a kick up JDG's arse knowing that if he doesn't stay on the straight and narrow, he'll find himself at the slums of St Kilda.

Win win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting a bit sick of this stain of a club targeting our players. Freeman, Brown and now JDG. I think they are still bitter about 2010/Ball. It was a long time ago now...
Think a few still are. Read a few post by their supporters on the main board and theirs and have had a chuckle - right or wrongly about how we are a rabble with a dud coach and overrated unaccountable midfield (save that discussion for another thread) without looking in their own backyard first.

Think a few still are. Read a few post by their supporters on the main board and theirs and have had a chuckle - right or wrongly about how we are a rabble with a dud coach and overrated unaccountable midfield (save that discussion for another thread) without looking in their own backyard first.

Just read their trade thread. They are falling over themselves and going the early early crow by putting him into their future team as if it's a done deal already. With calls of Degoey > Petracca, yet when it comes to getting a deal done they think it'd take Bruce, or a future second, a low ball type deal.

It'd take there first, and then some wherever their first sits.

Have a look at the saints board - apparently only worth a future 2nd..
So kind of them offering up a future 2nd like they did for the Prodigious 0 gamer Nathan Freeman. Can’t beleive they rate JDG almost as high as their saviour - take it and run I say.......

Hate to see him leave, but if you could land a top 5 pick in this draft you'd consider it.

Can only assume this leak has come from within the Pies though. A real "For Sale: Start preparing a better bid than St Kilda" for other clubs, or a kick up JDG's arse knowing that if he doesn't stay on the straight and narrow, he'll find himself at the slums of St Kilda.

Win win.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back