Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is close Martin's extra numbers can be contributed to more midfield minutes and a full preseason unlike Jordan.

Martin's are better in some areas (typically in disposal numbers) but worse in others and mainly the differences are marginal.

I get what you are saying in that Martin had to maintain it for another 8 games but he also had things that benefited his numbers like more midfield time and also uninterrupted preseason so not starting behind the 8 ball.
I actually agree that he has a chance of becoming a similar calibre player, but Martin was at least marginally the better player based on that. Time will tell. According to his wikipedia page that season was his lowest B+F finish for the Tigers (10th) and 20 games is still his lowest total for a season, hes been remarkably productive

I see De Goey's value as being well under what his actual worth is. That's why I would be placing a high price on his head.

As I was saying, the condition to trading him is that the return is strong.

In the case of the trade suggestion for pick one, giving up De Goey and two first rounders might make St Kilda think, if they have pick one, identified and want De Goey, and want to give their midfield a boost. Maybe they consider it depending on Collingwood's ladder finish and projection of success or otherwise for 2019.

I highly doubt Saints would have a Top 3 Pick or Even a Top 5 Pick.

They are not that Bad

Degoey AND 2 firsts for pick 1.

What is logical about that?

That's fuggin crazy talk AFL ps3 fantasy trading s**t.

You guys keep telling me Lukosious is a once in a lifetime player and that is what he is after.

I don’t agree but he did say we don’t get rid off JDG unless we get overs.

It’s all irrelevant because I am confident that Jordan is going to be a Pie for life.

I actually agree that he has a chance of becoming a similar calibre player, but Martin was at least marginally the better player based on that. Time will tell. According to his wikipedia page that season was his lowest B+F finish for the Tigers (10th) and 20 games is still his lowest total for a season, hes been remarkably productive

He was always a gun or young gun but he too has threads about his inconsistancys which people blamed his lacking tank overweight party boi etc.

There were threads even on the main and Richmond board with him.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/what-to-make-of-dustin-martin.984182/page-3

You guys keep telling me Lukosious is a once in a lifetime player and that is what he is after.

I don’t agree but he did say we don’t get rid off JDG unless we get overs.

It’s all irrelevant because I am confident that Jordan is going to be a Pie for life.

Degoey is a type who could land you pick 1 alone, not too mention the 2 firsts rounders.

And yes Lukosious is/appears a prodigious talent but that kind of deal is a club killer.

North beating them by 52 points?

Adelaide beating them by 49 and Geelong by 47.

Not all that impressive v Brisbane at home, even despite getting the W.

They're a bottom three side this year, and one of three teams in the mix for the spoon.

If they finish 16th, as very well may happen, I wouldn't be all that serious at all about moving De Goey to St Kilda. They lack the pieces Collingwood would consider desirable.

My interest above was in talking about scenios a trade of De Goey to St Kilda may be of some interest.
I respect you....but somebody tell him his dreaming.....
Carlton brisbane and gold coast bottom 3

I respect you....but somebody tell him his dreaming.....
Carlton brisbane and gold coast bottom 3

You been watching that Aussie flick with that old bloke living with his family in that s**t hole of a home or what re? 'The Castle' or whatever that s**t is called re.

What dafuq are smoking KM?

Degoey AND 2 firsts for pick 1? Geez I hope that was a typo!

It's a lot to give, but Lukosius is a lot to gain.

I was very deliberate in my post to make the point just how great Lukosius can be and how much should reasonably be conceded to get him.

Lukosius is the best I've seen in my 10 years watching junior footy. And I'm talking outright best.

He's someone who can be a 400 disposals, 200 marks, 50 goals per year key forward when developed (as a normal season you'd get out of him).

--
If St Kilda hypothetically have pick three, if they can work to create a three team deal with pick one coming to Collingwood, again, I'd make this trade and offer De Goey + the two first rounders to get Lukosius.

Yeah but Scotty Thompson's still getting a game ahead of him. Pass.

Scotty Thompson should be in AA calculations right now. 2nd for intercepts, 12th for one percenters and 16th for marks.

All jokes aside, this McKay kid can play.

Do you honestly believe any club in their right mind would swap Lukosious for Jordan De Goey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you honestly believe any club in their right mind would swap Lukosious for Jordan De Goey?

Agree. I highly doubt any team would Trade Pick 1 (Lukosious). Max King trade for might be Possible

I was very deliberate in my post to make the point just how great Lukosius can be and how much should reasonably be conceded to get him.

Lukosius is the best I've seen in my 10 years watching junior footy. And I'm talking outright best.

He's someone who can be a 400 disposals, 200 marks, 50 goals per year key forward when developed (as a normal season you'd get out of him).

--
If St Kilda hypothetically have pick three, if they can work to create a three team deal with pick one coming to Collingwood, again, I'd make this trade and offer De Goey + the two first rounders to get Lukosius.
The blues would jump at it

It’s not pessimistic at all. Why on earth would we pay overs to keep a mid/forward who has yet to play consistently?
I’m sorry to jump in here.

But I just don’t get why we are so adamant about what players get paid, how much is unders or overs?

How can we possibly know this without knowing exactly what the salary cap is, what each other player is getting paid, how our overall % is going?

And what % a player like De Goey would get for his type of player in an AFL list.
Unless we know all this, $400 k; $450 k; $500 k; or even $700 k.
Whoever is paid what can only be seen in its full context.

Now is De Goey vital? Absolutely.
My view is we pay him his worth, whatever amount that is.

(And I wouldn’t move him on unless it’s the mother of all deals OR translated it nets us Lukosius which ofcourse just won’t happen.)

He’s add two first rounders as well as Jordan.

But not that s**t.

I have Suns,Lions,North and Blues are worse then them at Leasdt

We'll be jumping all over Walsh if he's there at 3-4, which is where I expect us to land.

I doubt the pies would get a pick inside the top 5 for JDG this year, if he does end up in play.

But not that s**t.

I have Suns,Lions,North and Blues are worse then them at Leasdt
I think north will not be in the bottom three, unless it goes pear shaped for them. Playing better footy than St Kilda

I know they need Matutre Talent but would they give up such a High Rated Prospect?
They have talls, but need mids badly, besides Cripps who have they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back