Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be jumping all over Walsh if he's there at 3-4, which is where I expect us to land.

I doubt the pies would get a pick inside the top 5 for JDG this year, if he does end up in play.

I rather Draft Rankie or Hill before Walsh. We already have tones of Mids

It's a lot to give, but Lukosius is a lot to gain.

I was very deliberate in my post to make the point just how great Lukosius can be and how much should reasonably be conceded to get him.

Lukosius is the best I've seen in my 10 years watching junior footy. And I'm talking outright best.

He's someone who can be a 400 disposals, 200 marks, 50 goals per year key forward when developed (as a normal season you'd get out of him).

--
If St Kilda hypothetically have pick three, if they can work to create a three team deal with pick one coming to Collingwood, again, I'd make this trade and offer De Goey + the two first rounders to get Lukosius.

I disagreed with your premise mate but I understood your point.

Jordan is a keeper for me.

Off topic Knighter but does Lukosius have the potential to be as good as Buddy?

Do you honestly believe any club in their right mind would swap Lukosious for Jordan De Goey?

Yes they would because he is yet untried vs a tried player. As good as I think Lukosious is and think he will be a generational talent some teams who feel they need a more mature but young impact player may be tempted.
Teams who have loaded up on the draft for years may feel they need to add a bit of experience to right the ship or be perennially taking pick 1s or 2s or 3s for a decade (cough Melb and Carlton of 2000s).

But no club would trade Degoey and 2 first rounders for pick 1, one of which could very well be a top 6-10 pick and likely a Ben King or Ian Hill type.

I rather Draft Rankie or Hill before Walsh. We already have tones of Mids

Well this is the dilemma. Realistically, the best the pies could do in a pick trade wise, is around the pick 7 onwards category, and JDG does come with some warts.

Which club would be interested? Cancel the interstate clubs. The Dogs have onballers, the Dees don't have picks. North need a player like him but won't have the pick currency. I reckon the Pies best options would come from Essendon, Hawthorn or Geelong.

The Pies might just prefer to chance a 1st round pick for 2019, from the Blues, Saints or North..

I’m an unemployed alcoholic with syphillus. I’ve got nothing to lose. Will bet my Centrelink cheque and a couple of Benson and Hedges sticks on it.
So you wear number 46 on your jumper to the footy?

More Nick Reiwoldt from what I have seen.

Not the biggest fan of Nick to be honest.

He was a gun but I just love and rate Buddy higher.

More Nick Reiwoldt from what I have seen.

I just want a Nick Riewoldt!

I still “resent” Mr and Mrs Riewoldt and likewise Mr and Mrs Fraser from tripping the night fantastic, each pair, in the wrong year.

If only.

Mr and Mrs Riewoldt kept their appointment one year earlier and Mr and Mrs Fraser one year later.

No,

Still not over it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the biggest fan of Nick to be honest.

He was a gun but I just love and rate Buddy higher.
If we could guarantee a Nick Riewoldt clone for the next 12 to 15 years...

My greed ends right there.

Lance tremendous... but I’ll settle for a Riewoldt.

We win 2002 to start with.
Maybe 2007.
Maybe 2011.

Blame the parents I do?

Last edited:
I just want a Nick Riewoldt!

I still “resent” Mr and Mrs Riewoldt and likewise Mr and Mrs Fraser from tripping the night fantastic, each pair, in the wrong year.

If only.

Mr and Mrs Riewoldt kept their appointment one year earlier and Mr and Mrs Fraser one year later.

No,

Still not over it...

What was Nick reiwoldt's stats in finals.. I recall he s**t himself in a few of em.

What was Nick reiwoldt's stats in finals.. I recall he s**t himself in a few of em.
You just check out that Prelim
Very very good in finals.

Not so much grand finals though. But then he got the Librarian treatment in 2010

I think most of would agree that De Goey has the potential to be our best midfielder. We have lost Swan and Pendles will be overtaken. Although, Sidebottom and Treloar are A- graders. They’re not Pendles and Swan quality YET. I don’t see the value in losing De Goey for anything less than a superstar midfielder, not even a Nick Riewoldt replica. Only because we are robbing Peter to feed Paul, vice versa.

We need a superstar forward?
Recruit one. Tom Lynch
Develop one. Darcy Moore
Draft one. Jack Lukosius/ Max King / Nick Daicos(years away).

We can see how St.Kilda are struggling without any Genuine Superstars in their team. So they decide to recruit Jordan.... So what must they think of Jordan’s potential?

You just check out that Prelim
Very very good in finals.

Not so much grand finals though. But then he got the Librarian treatment in 2010

Thats when st kilda were flying.. he s**t himself in both finals agst us didn't he? How many did he bag in both? F all from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back