Toast The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Riley Knight was effing huge , watch the game again .
Calm down fella.

Was a solid first game back but has more to give, and needs to more often.

Moving into the next phase if his career he needs to go to the next level.

Still, a reasonable first game for the year.

Oh, and I don't need you to tell me to watch the game again. This will be one I will watch again, and again, and again. It's spank bank material.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Good:
Knight's pressure and tackling
Tex
Sauce
Doedee
Milera's attack on the ball
Gaucc's last quarter
Douggy

Bad:
Milera's kicking
Harto injury
Gibbs a quiet one

Ugly:
Brian Taylor - ask a Q them look away and not listen to the answer; calling Mykes Polholke Dylan
Otten's disposal

Outstanding win. This just shows what can be done, even in adversity, if a team of fit players is selected and they bring attitude. :thumbsu:
This is what I criticised last week, and it was reversed tonight. All the crap about Otten and "too tall" was completely irrelevant.

Ugly: Goal-costing howler by Laird.
Goal-costing howler from Talia.
Goal-costing dropped-mark howler from McGovern.
(We should have been 6 goals up at half time with the natch sewn up.)
Tex not shooting for goal and passing to McGovern, of all people.

Ugly: Goal-costing howler by Laird.
Goal-costing howler from Talia.
Goal-costing dropped-mark howler from McGovern.
(We should have been 6 goals up at half time with the natch sewn up.)
Tex not shooting for goal and passing to McGovern, of all people.
Which then went up the other end of the ground for a goal. I was livid !!

Calm down fella.

Was a solid first game back but has more to give, and needs to more often.

Moving into the next phase if his career he needs to go to the next level.

Still, a reasonable first game for the year.

Oh, and I don't need you to tell me to watch the game again. This will be one I will watch again, and again, and again. It's spank bank material.

Ok mate .

Just saying Knight was relentless and typically selfless , his chase and tackle were huge and whilst his possession count not so his role for the team was .
Plus his tackles hurt , i believe he covered the 3rd most total distance over the game despite 9 disposals . he was great

Doedee was awesome. Seedsman best game for the club. Poholke and gallucci both good,, brought lots of energy. Don ffs please play the youth, you seem to be slowly coming around but you have a way to go. Knight was important, we missed his run. Atkins put in, about bloody time. Not a cey fan but he was very good and stood tall. We didnt miss david mackay. Overall lots of positives and probably the best win since the showdown win after phil's passing.
Deedee could seriously be a good on baller. His balance and vision, closing speed and ground work is excellent. Oh and even his kicking has surprised me. Will win the Rising Star in 2018 if he stays fit and then every team in Melbourne will be trying to get him home. Give him 5 year contract now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a good player in there. He grew as the game went on. Just needs to be kept in the side and see what becomes of him. I love his balance.
Plus he is one of the few in our team who breaks the lines with run , he is going to be sublime ... he is building and only 20 .
Mark it down , Milera will be an elite AFL footballer .

Interesting we began losing the midfield in the 3rd when Douglas was off with the poke in the eye. Whilst they took the momentum our defence hung tough... Then we slingshot a handy lead in the 4th with Dougy back on the ground.

For all those wanting to prematurely retire Douglas, he us still a very valuable player.

Don’t recall what you mean. Thought he was on point tonight. Very good decision making. But even if he did make a couple of bad decisions, you have to take in the overall game. His was very good tonight. At least he didn’t kick the ball straight to buddy when he was 20m away from anybody. :)
Very true.

There was one moment where the ball was kicked straight in the air just in Sydney's half and there was no bensift to try and mark the ball. Comes straight off his hands into Sydney's hands, resulting in a goal.

Punch the ball forward and to where our players a set up.

Another time where he just didn't read the play up field and resulted in a turnover.

In my mind as soon as Mrouch and Sloane are back he is out

I don't know about dumb decisions, I suppose he could be better at times, not a huge knock, but for me what stands out is that he just doesn't have the elite slick hands to dispose of in tight like true class inside mids like Matt Crouch, Tom Mitchell, Oliver etc have. Which is why he will struggle again and look out of place when Matt Crouch comes back in to the side and takes over.

Yeah, but CEY and Hugh were smashing those Sydney bodies tonight. Those Sydney mids are hard to bring down but these boys were all over them like a cheap soup (as I used to say :) ). Douglas was very good tonight too. Did a fantastic job. I really think it comes down to 2 spots for three guys - Douglas, Greenwood and CEY. I am leaning towards Hugh and Cam based on our two great wins for the year. But they will need to repeat this effort week in and week out to get ahead of Dougy. As I said Douglas was also very good tonight. Didn’t get much of it, but was on JPK for most of the night and I thought Dougie got the points.

Interesting we began losing the midfield in the 3rd when Douglas was off with the poke in the eye. Whilst they took the momentum our defence hung tough... Then we slingshot a handy lead in the 4th with Dougy back on the ground.

For all those wanting to prematurely retire Douglas, he us still a very valuable player.

He did a very good tagging role, wouldn't mind seeing him used in that way more frequently vs that sort of player.

He was really good!!

Does Mackay get a farewell game or just a motorcade in Round 23?

Sorry... still giddy.
Yeah, but CEY and Hugh were smashing those Sydney bodies tonight. Those Sydney mids are hard to bring down but these boys were all over them like a cheap soup (as I used to say :) ). Douglas was very good tonight too. Did a fantastic job. I really think it comes down to 2 spots for three guys - Douglas, Greenwood and CEY. I am leaning towards Hugh and Cam based on our two great wins for the year. But they will need to repeat this effort week in and week out to get ahead of Dougy. As I said Douglas was also very good tonight. Didn’t get much of it, but was on JPK for most of the night and I thought Dougie got the points.
Nice Shaz !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back