2017-18 FA Cup

Who wins the FA Cup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not up and about. It was a hypothetical. I have said a few times I think we're done after drawing Atletico.

We've had a shocking season for our standards. But if you draw a direct comparison (if we were to win it), Spurs would be trophyless, and in the CL. And we would have won the Europa (a trophy), and qualify for the CL because of it.

I am not sure why you're in such a huff over it.

I am not up and about. It was a hypothetical. I have said a few times I think we're done after drawing Atletico.

We've had a shocking season for our standards. But if you draw a direct comparison (if we were to win it), Spurs would be trophyless, and in the CL. And we would have won the Europa (a trophy), and qualify for the CL because of it.

I am not sure why you're in such a huff over it.

:D I'm not in a huff, am I not allowed to point out the inconsistency?

No different to you now looking at Wenger through rosey glasses thanking him for everything.

Next question is, if we did win the Europa, would you swap your season for ours?
Wouldn't swap the overall chaos and diengagement that Arsenal as a club has become. But Europa league win and not top 4 I'd take over fourth. If we were into the EL after third in the CL and won it and finished 5th or 6th I'd have taken it. Basically man united of last season.

Two seasons running Pochettino’s pigheadedness has cost us a Cup Final.
Walker seemingly out the door so doesn’t play him. Decides to also play Son at LWB.
Now refuses to play his best defender as he’s seemingly leaving.

Cool you made a stance Mauricio. Jose is coaching his team in a Cup final not you.
Swallow some pride and be pragmatic.

Two seasons running Pochettino’s pigheadedness has cost us a Cup Final.
Walker seemingly out the door so doesn’t play him. Decides to also play Son at LWB.
Now refuses to play his best defender as he’s seemingly leaving.

Cool you made a stance Mauricio. Jose is coaching his team in a Cup final not you.
Swallow some pride and be pragmatic.

What if Toby's head's gone and he just ends up being a liability in a Cup SF?

He is too professional to do that. Wasn't the case in the league game midweek. Plus he is very good mates with Vertonghen and Dembele so doubt he lets them down over a future contract/transfer issue

If he had no intention of using him for the last 5 months of the season then he should have sold him in January. If he’s in the squad then he should be used, if he’s worried about him being a liability then he shouldn’t have been on the bench.

I don’t think that’s the worry. He simply was asserting his authority, to the detriment of on field success.

Unless a player has had a real proper dust up they're not going out onto the pitch trying to lose. Early on Poch didn't pick him because he was taking a while to get up to speed. By the end he was making it clear he wasn't an automatic starter over Sanchez.

Fwiw Sanchez isn't at all to blame for the defeat. He and Vertonghen both did well. The goals came from Dembele and Trippier being out played and Davies not tracking a run. Nothing Alderieweld would have done about either goal

He is too professional to do that. Wasn't the case in the league game midweek. Plus he is very good mates with Vertonghen and Dembele so doubt he lets them down over a future contract/transfer issue

Think it's easy to say someone is too professional but have seen it happen with plenty. Dawson's head went for a few weeks after January.

Think it's easy to say someone is too professional but have seen it happen with plenty. Dawson's head went for a few weeks after January.
Alderieweld going into a World Cup wouldn't put it all in jeopardy. He's got to play next to Vertonghen after our season. Can't exactly fall out with him and let him down by being unprofessional

Both walker last year and Toby this week have come in after Poch has made an example of them and played at levels that aren't questionable. Poch is just a stubborn manager who once he is off you a little there's no way back

:D I'm not in a huff, am I not allowed to point out the inconsistency?

No different to you now looking at Wenger through rosey glasses thanking him for everything.
I can be grateful for what he's done but annoyed at the same time with how poorly he let things become.

Wouldn't swap the overall chaos and diengagement that Arsenal as a club has become. But Europa league win and not top 4 I'd take over fourth. If we were into the EL after third in the CL and won it and finished 5th or 6th I'd have taken it. Basically man united of last season.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at, not so much all the off field stuff.

---

Brilliant cross from Eriksen too - wonder how much longer he can be held on for? He's probably on the level of a team in the rung above now. World class player. Great finish from Dele too.

And what the hell happened on United's second? Shocking keeping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit worried about Lloris with a few howlers creeping into his game with Russia 2018 coming up. Maybe he's just going through a bad patch.
Worst troll of the year goes to this guy lol. Watch some of our game and you'll see what I'm getting at

Back