Jaidyn Stephenson - how good can he be?

Remove this Banner Ad

How's it any worse than Kamdyn?
If I was a recruiter I would be looking for a bogan name because bogans generally make the best footballers. I would have taken both Jaidyn and Kamdyn lower in the draft. Bogans are the best.

Not many people know this 'cos I use ThaiTiger but my real name is Zaiden Holden Ute. I'm not much of a footballer despite my name but I still love my folks regardless.

If I was a recruiter I would be looking for a bogan name because bogans generally make the best footballers. I would have taken both Jaidyn and Kamdyn lower in the draft. Bogans are the best.

Not many people know this 'cos I use ThaiTiger but my real name is Zaiden Holden Ute. I'm not much of a footballer despite my name but I still love my folks regardless.
I thought your name was Borika.

Never been so certain so quickly on a new recruit at the Pies. At the least will be a very good player, but has an enormous ceiling and could be anything IMO. Would have to be at the pointy end of potential RS winners. What players from other clubs are in the mix right now?

Naughton when he gets nominated ..

kaUxVkn.gif

He needs to fix his weird run up from set shots. He looks like he's going the barrel but this is how he kicks drop punts.

Will be a gun, when he fills out he's going to be extremely hard to stop, has some Nat Fyfe type traits about him, a couple of phantom drafters had him rated at number 1.

In saying that I'm extremely happy we took Cameron Rayner at 1, will be elite as well IMO.
That 5 minutes burst from Rayner was very impressive. When he gets his tank up he’ll be very hard to stop.

I said it on twitter last year but Stephenson is either going to be the best player in the 2017 draft or his heart defect will derail his career. He's too talented for there to be any less.

AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan said on radio last year that he would take him at #1 in the draft but as now publicised, before the draft, a scare was sent through a host of clubs when his heart condition was revealed.

So far in the first 7 games this season, he hasn’t missed a beat and it seems as though Collingwood has gotten a bargain with pick 6.

The kid seems real capable of stepping up when required, highlighted by his 5 goal effort against last year’s Grand Finalists in Round 4. (2 in the first quarter when the game was still there to be won)

I thought he was quite instrumental tonight when the game was there to be won and ended up with 21 possessions, 2 goals, 8 score involvements and 3 clearances - not a bad feat for a 7th gamer playing predominantly up forward.

He seems like a good kid too and I’ve enjoyed watching his speed and composure for a first year recruit. How high is his ceiling?
This young man has it in spades and when he puts on ten kilo of muscle mass him plus De goey are going to be a big headache for opposition.

This young man has it in spades and when he puts on ten kilo of muscle mass him plus De goey are going to be a big headache for opposition.
Is anyone likely to catch him for the Rising Star? Has been one of the best youngsters in the comp so far in the opening 9 rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone likely to catch him for the Rising Star? Has been one of the best youngsters in the comp so far in the opening 9 rounds.

The bookies would say Doedee (3.50), Witherden (4.50) and Murray (4.50) are ahead of him (8.50)

The bookies would say Doedee (3.50), Witherden (4.50) and Murray (4.50) are ahead of him (8.50)
Is ahead of Murray imo. Murray started well, but starting to trail off a little.
Doedee the front runner.

He will win the rising star, good time to get on. I got on him at $13.

He could be anything, has everything you need to be a star of the comp. surprised like most people he slid so far in the draft.

Saints fans would be spewing, he’s exactly the type of player they need and they had he next pick.

Forgot about doedee, think he'll win it actually

I reckon they judge non-first year players a bit harsher. They shouldn’t but I think they do and they also like to give it to high draft picks from the previous year. It validates how successful the AFL’s talent pathways are.

That’s my theory anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back