Roast Our fitness department - highly offensive/offended

Remove this Banner Ad

LinekersEars said:
2. You do realise that a Hamstring is a big muscle that has tendons attached. Every hamstring injury isn't identicial.
outoftowncrow said:
Yep, but they are all hamstring injuries.

A. The more valid question is what is contributing?

They are stretch/warmth injuries if I understand them. Are the players stretching enough? Are they keeping on the move to keep the muscles ready for action? Is the training load too high? Is the kangatech system designed to break people?

You are both right in what you say.

I've already discussed why I think they weren't iced. Mackay was a head thing... pretty sure they don't ice the head. ;)
You have an exceptional ability to bury selected facts from your memory in order to maintain your preferred views

Walker sat out the second half against Gold Coast with hamstring awareness, but scans have cleared him of any significant damage.

Defenders David Mackay, Jake Kelly and Kyle Cheney could also be available for selection this week.

Mackay finished Saturday night’s game on the bench with a tight glute, while Kelly missed the win over Gold Coast with a hand injury.

Wait, did we get through the last game without a new soft tissue injury?
0a71dcae357d186aeacb17c9c1c1899b--stoner-bff.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have an exceptional ability to bury selected facts from your memory in order to maintain your preferred views
In my defence I am absolutely exhausted so may not be thinking straight. :$

Weren't Walker and Milera benched in the same game (by or before half time)?
I completely have no recollection of Mackay being injured except for a clock in the noggin.

In my defence I am absolutely exhausted so may not be thinking straight. :$

Weren't Walker and Milera benched in the same game (by or before half time)?
I completely have no recollection of Mackay being injured except for a clock in the noggin.
I think it was the week before that Mackay copped a head knock

It was Walker & Mackay injured vs Gold Coast. Milera injured vs Carlton.

Sorry if I quote something I read when I read it. We don't all sit on here all weekend watching every thread for the chance to comment!

If you think that PR does not come into the conversation at our club for stuff like this ... you are sticking that angry head of yours deeper into the sand than first signs indicated.

100% we are trying to manage the story - do you think that AFC are immune somehow to spin? These are just people, ex-footballers most of them. They are not brilliant media performers at the best of times ... and of course they are worried how these things reflect on them personally and professionally.

You ever think Burton will come out and say what caused these injuries? Hell, the way he flew off the handle at the last presser should give you a clue. Maybe the way we call injuries that end up being hamstrings anything but for as long as possible is another indicator. Awareness anyone?

As far as Burton personally goes - I am always disappointed when the club hires "a Crows person" at the expense of elite standards. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt - but it's not looking great at this stage - is it?

If our players weren't wearing ice packs when they should have been, at this point I wouldn't rule out plain old incompetence.

Be honest... you wouldn't believe him no matter what he said. Perhaps he's not responding because you are behaving like a bit of a dick. He'll be crucified by you no matter what he says.
How did I miss this pearler?

How does one behave like a bit of a dick? Which part? The foreskin? Helmet? I want to know because I won’t be satisfied until I behave like the whole dick.

Or is your post code and you’re hinting John’s profession? Is he a dick doctor?

Posted this in the changes thread but worth posting again here...

How can can you do a changes thread when there’s 347 players on the injury list and about three-quarters of them are listed as “test,” “indefinite” or “TBC?”

Let me try...

Out: Injured players
In: Less injured players

Why is Tex still listed as “test?” And why is Sam Gibson still on the club’s injury list, also listed as “test?”

This is what people are getting shitty about. The club is treating its members like fools.
I honestly think we're getting too caught up with the precise definition of the words "test", "indefinite" etc..
The main thing is the club is openly saying Tex is having a few weeks off to fully heal whatever niggles in the glutes or the plantar fascia; and that they're upping his conditioning training to play catchup with the loss of his preseason. To me, the explanation of his absence is more revealing than the words "test".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back