Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just say that this is my favourite thread now. Endless chuckles. MS Paint thread through 2008-2010 was all time, but this one is up there.

The better we get. The more salt there is to report apparently. Its great!

The better we get. The more salt there is to report apparently. Its great!
I am clearly biased, and don't venture to the main board for obvious reasons, but I just feel like our board wouldn't be highly represented on other teams' Loony Bin thread? Sure we may make some incorrect calls about other teams, but nothing coming close to the trash that pops up here.

The fact that one of their players was off with concussion from qtr time but the commentators didn't mention it till late in the game was a fair gripe from old mate on the crow's board. I thought the same when I heard it. However, the response was.

'Damn vicco commentary'

Um, Bruce was commentator #1. HAHAHAHA

I am clearly biased, and don't venture to the main board for obvious reasons, but I just feel like our board wouldn't be highly represented on other teams' Loony Bin thread? Sure we may make some incorrect calls about other teams, but nothing coming close to the trash that pops up here.
On the whole, bigfooty is a stinking garbage fire of a site, probably worse than twitter, however a reasonably ok amount of good posting happens on this board.

We spend more time melting about our own performances than we do trying to shift blame wherever else.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-30/barrett-blues-should-follow-dees-recipe

Some quality work from Mr Misery here... Part of me says: “yeah we made out like bandits with Frawley considering his output since...”

The other part is: “* off you ******* Emo four eyed *. We lost our AA fullback when we were ******* hopeless to a team ******* galavanting toward their fourth consecutive grand final. Can’t you write anything without being a ******* witless troll? Murphy is ******* 37 and broken. * off!”

Some quality work from Mr Misery here... Part of me says: “yeah we made out like bandits with Frawley considering his output since...”

The other part is: “**** off you ******* Emo four eyed ****. We lost our AA fullback when we were ******* hopeless to a team ******* galavanting toward their fourth consecutive grand final. Can’t you write anything without being a ******* witless troll? Murphy is ******* 37 and broken. **** off!”
There is no way known the Blues are going to get a 1st Round compo pick for Murphy.

Anyone who has read Barrett's drivel will know that he has a bee in his bonnet about the Compensation Pick system, and because he labeled the Frawley compensation as suspicious back in the day, that means it's fact. But it was relatively simple at the time, it's a money + age equation, and Frawley left on "good money" and was only 26 when he left, even if he wasn't comfortably in the 1st round bracket, he'd have still been in it, or close enough to fudge it a little anyway.

Murphy is almost 31, starting to have serious injury issues, and most importantly, hasn't been anything more than a "pretty good" footballer since he took over as captain. If he leaves to chase a premiership, he'll take a pay cut on what Carlton has been paying him ... if they get a 2nd rounder for him, that'll have been the AFL stepping in to get them a better deal.

The other part is: “**** off you ******* Emo four eyed ****. We lost our AA fullback when we were ******* hopeless to a team ******* galavanting toward their fourth consecutive grand final. Can’t you write anything without being a ******* witless troll? Murphy is ******* 37 and broken. **** off!”

Conveniently ignoring where each team finished when they got their comp pick, too. Sure, only getting pick #19 for Franklin probably sucked for Hawthorn, but winning a Premiership doesn't do much for your draft position. If they wanted to maximize their compo for Franklin, they should have finished last.

Wow. Wow. There is some serious salt for you! That article is complete and utter garbage. Littered with inconsequential facts and statements that add nothing to the premise.

But the Melbourne hate definitely comes through strong.

What a flog.

The fascinating part of this article that seems to have been glossed over is that Carlton are now the worst performing Victorian side this century! It's no longer us.

On the whole, bigfooty is a stinking garbage fire of a site, probably worse than twitter, however a reasonably ok amount of good posting happens on this board.

It's like writing an article and saying "Last year the Brisbane Lions, who finished 18th were extraordinarily gifted the first pick in the draft, where premiership winners, Richmond were only awarded pick 18."

Ladder position does so much to attract free agents compensation is there to be the equaliser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a mob on BF more fun to wind up than the blooz?
Not that I have found!

All though they do roll over and play the "youre so brave for ripping on a bottom club" card quite easily.

Not that I have found!

All though they do roll over and play the "youre so brave for ripping on a bottom club" card quite easily.

No. There is not.

The Cripps/Bont/Kelly/Merrett thread is so good. Just mention Oliver and you’ll get half a dozen telling you he isn’t allowed in the thread :D

The gold keeps coming over on the West Horsham board

What really matters is how many turn up to watch their teams. St Kilda and the Dogs are dragging the chain, it'll be interesting to see how many Melbourne fans cancel their annual skiing holidays.

Ziiiiing!

Conveniently ignoring where each team finished when they got their comp pick, too. Sure, only getting pick #19 for Franklin probably sucked for Hawthorn, but winning a Premiership doesn't do much for your draft position. If they wanted to maximize their compo for Franklin, they should have finished last.
Hawks got pick 19 and salary cap room to poach Frawley.

Why do so many West Coast posters on their board think we're going to trade Brayshaw and a first round pick for Andrew Gaff?

Brayshaw = Gun
First round pick = Non-existant
Gaff = Free Agent

My favourite suggestion was a threeway trade.

Gold Coast gives West Coast Jack Martin
West Coast gives Melbourne Andrew Gaff
Melbourne gives Gold Coast Tom McDonald + a second round pick

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Oh, and then someone asked why they'd need Martin because they already have Rioli and Ryan in the same position.

Even though Jack Martin is a midfielder.

Maybe he's worried about filling a different kind of quota :rolleyes:

In brighter news, maybe we can trade Kennedy-Harris to a team that needs a small forward...

Why do so many West Coast posters on their board think we're going to trade Brayshaw and a first round pick for Andrew Gaff?

Brayshaw = Gun
First round pick = Non-existant
Gaff = Free Agent

My favourite suggestion was a threeway trade.

Gold Coast gives West Coast Jack Martin
West Coast gives Melbourne Andrew Gaff
Melbourne gives Gold Coast Tom McDonald + a second round pick

:drunk::drunk::drunk:
Good to have you back, providing some Loony Bin quality there!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back