Review Dees v Tigers and the Ghost of Dimma's Trouser Snake: the Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

It happens every time we play them, which is why I didn't feel particularly worried in the 3rd quarter. They throw everything at us in the first half, we absorb it, then we run over them in the second half.

2023 Rd 20: Tigers 20 points up at start of 3rd quarter, Dees win by 32.
2023 Rd 6: Tigers 12 points up half way through 3rd quarter, Dees win by 18.
2022 Rd 6: Tigers 8 points up half way through 3rd quarter, Dees win by 22.
2021 Rd 6: Tigers 8 points up half way through 2nd quarter, Dees win by 34.
Yep. I was very relaxed pretty much all the afternoon because I was relying on a repeat of our last three games against them

Easily the most enjoyment I've had watching a game of ours in years. Richmond were very good and didn't deserve to lose by that much.

Amazing how much better the forward connection looks when we play fast and stop worrying about keeping the opponent below 70.. If we play like that and go out in straight sets I couldn't give a *. That was bloody entertaining and the type of footy that will bring crowds if we keep playing it... 10/10 for a viewing spectacle, had it all.

More of the same please Goody.

The Excellent

- Key forwards kicking bags. I have no idea how to process us winning a game because our talls kicked 10 between them.

- Huge effort from Max.

- Amazing game by Petty, didn’t think he had it in him but he’s just locked away the spot for the year.

- I bloody love McVee and the way he puts on the burners and uses the ball perfectly.

- Plenty if great contributions from Viney, Riv, JVR, Kosi, Trac (shame he didn’t kick better), Hunter and plenty more.

Game style was fantastic and although we weren’t our best defensively that looked so much more like a game that can give us a shot in 2023.

Easily the most enjoyment I've had watching a game of ours in years. Richmond were very good and didn't deserve to lose by that much.

Amazing how much better the forward connection looks when we play fast and stop worrying about keeping the opponent below 70.. If we play like that and go out in straight sets I couldn't give a *. That was bloody entertaining and the type of footy that will bring crowds if we keep playing it... 10/10 for a viewing spectacle, had it all.

More of the same please Goody.
Kept them under 100 though…
Matthew Mcconaughey Chest Thump GIF by Paramount Movies

Glorious listening to surly Tigers supporters whinging about the umpiring on the train home.
It was like a revolving door of the freaks sitting in the bay next to our cheer squad getting booted out by the yellowcoats all last quarter!

Just wave after wave of ratbag teens and a few tatted up older blokes being given their marching orders

The Excellent

- Key forwards kicking bags. I have no idea how to process us winning a game because our talls kicked 10 between them.

- Huge effort from Max.

- Amazing game by Petty, didn’t think he had it in him but he’s just locked away the spot for the year.

- I bloody love McVee and the way he puts on the burners and uses the ball perfectly.

- Plenty if great contributions from Viney, Riv, JVR, Kosi, Trac (shame he didn’t kick better), Hunter and plenty more.

Game style was fantastic and although we weren’t our best defensively that looked so much more like a game that can give us a shot in 2023.
Pretty generous to Kosi there, after 5 nothing touches on the first, he had 1 sole touch for the next 2 quarters, and then joined in once the game was in the bag.

But again, Goodwin didn't have the balls to send him through the middle even once, and we just accepted a half of zero contributions from him..

Pretty generous to Kosi there, after 5 nothing touches on the first, he had 1 sole touch for the next 2 quarters, and then joined in once the game was in the bag.

But again, Goodwin didn't have the balls to send him through the middle even once, and we just accepted a half of zero contributions from him..

I’m in a generous mood. Won’t have a bad word said about anything Melbourne-related for the next 12-13 hours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10-1 at the G so far this year including quite a few exciting close wins. Even at times when the game style has been hard to watch I try to remind myself that a decade ago I would have traded a limb for a season like this. And today we even had the added bonus of playing attacking footy for large parts of the game. We are in the premiership race up to our eyeballs.

Love how aggro we are being when we dont have the ball, running forward in waves expecting a teammate to win it and execute when he does, we are getting burnt defensively when we dont but I really couldn't care less coz its giving our stars a chance to be stars and kids like JVR a chance to show what they can do and build their confidence.

This should always be our mindset vs nearly all teams, we can afford to take risks coz we have more talent than the opposition.

Last edited:
Love how aggro we are being when we dont have the ball, running forward in waves expecting a teammate to win it and execute when he does, we are getting burnt defensively when we dont but I really dont care coz its giving our stars a chance to be stars and kids like JVR a chance to show what they can do and build their confidence.

This should always be our mindset vs nearly all teams, we can afford to take risks coz we have more talent than the opposition.
How good does Rivers look with this style of play. Just walking through traffic and nailing his kicks.

How good does Rivers look with this style of play. Just walking through traffic and nailing his kicks.

Reckon a ton of the younger guys play better playing like this - giving Bowey and Rivers the licence to be more attacking, JVR the licence to fly for everything and Kozzy to play the fwd/mid role.

ANB & Langdon have looked much better lately now they are able to use their tanks to take some risks and run both ways also.

All our forwards must be saying thank christ, you know how much easier it is to take a mark and kick some goals when we only have 10 players instead of 24 in our F50.

Said in the GDT Hunter is so much stronger over the ball than I thought he'd be for us - wasn't amazing today but has had a pretty solid year as a role player IMO
Been the perfect fit on the opposite wing to Langdon. Really fixed up a weakness from last year.

Said in the GDT Hunter is so much stronger over the ball than I thought he'd be for us - wasn't amazing today but has had a pretty solid year as a role player IMO

Hes my favourite player. And not just coz of the hip and shoulder vs the Pies. Hes been quietly amazing.

I thought he'd be handy but didn't expect this, hes a much better all round player than hes given credit for, hes tough in the contest, smart with and without the ball (knows where to position himself) and is FARRRRRR better defensively than I think anyone gives him credit for: great and willing tackler , he runs hard back to help out in D50, constantly saving at least a goal a week with some smart positioning to chop a possession chain off or an underrated courageous act. He'll drop in the hole and wear one to cut off a lead and make a spoil every time, no questions asked.

It was like a revolving door of the freaks sitting in the bay next to our cheer squad getting booted out by the yellowcoats all last quarter!

Just wave after wave of ratbag teens and a few tatted up older blokes being given their marching orders
those scummond fans will turn on eachother come last round when they settle for 9th or 10th.

Hes my favourite player. And not just coz of the hip and shoulder vs the Pies. Hes been quietly amazing.

I thought he'd be handy but didn't expect this, hes a much better all round player than hes given credit for, hes tough in the contest, smart with and without the ball (knows where to position himself) and is FARRRRRR better defensively than I think anyone gives him credit for: great and willing tackler , he runs hard back to help out in D50, constantly saving at least a goal a week with some smart positioning to chop a possession chain off or an underrated courageous act. He'll drop in the hole and wear one to cut off a lead and make a spoil every time, no questions asked.

Yep totally agree, I thought he was just a soft outside flopper at the Dogs but he has been bloody tough for his size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back